HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

So the coverage map was correct... I'm in a non-Sprint area right now and only get voice roaming on Verizon, no data. I was only able to get data (evdo) from Cellcom towers which are pretty limited here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you go into your settings and turn on data roaming? I've roamed on Verizon perfectly fine here in NYC. Though it was hard to find an area with no signal. I simply went into my roaming settings and checked "Domestic Data" and I was able to use 1xrtt data.

Did you go into your settings and turn on data roaming? I've roamed on Verizon perfectly fine here in NYC. Though it was hard to find an area with no signal. I simply went into my roaming settings and checked "Domestic Data" and I was able to use 1xrtt data.

Yeah, I initially noticed I wasn't getting data on Cellcom either but then enabled domestic data roaming which fixed that. Once I got out of range of the Cellcom tower, no more data... just 1X voice on Verizon. Not sure if/why it would make a difference, but this is a former Alltel area that Verizon took over at least 4 or 5 years ago. SignalCheck still identifies the towers as Alltel.

Maybe I'll chat or give Sprint a call when I'm back home and see what they have to say.  Today even when I was on Cellcom, got EV-DO signal, but couldn't connect to data.

Yeah, I initially noticed I wasn't getting data on Cellcom either but then enabled domestic data roaming which fixed that. Once I got out of range of the Cellcom tower, no more data... just 1X voice on Verizon. Not sure if/why it would make a difference, but this is a former Alltel area that Verizon took over at least 4 or 5 years ago. SignalCheck still identifies the towers as Alltel.

1x still gives you data. Was there really no data or was it just really really slow?

1x still gives you data. Was there really no data or was it just really really slow?

No data... got an error saying it couldn't establish a data connection.  Last time I was here with my GS3 (December), I had no problems getting on Verizon's 1X data.  Super latent and slower than dialup, but still usable.

Did some messing around, switched from LTE/CDMA to automatic... enabled gsm data, rebooted, did a profile/prl update over wifi and I've got data now. Network mode changed back to LTE/CDMA after the profile update, GSM data is still checked but grayed out because of the network mode. In the Android network status page, it shows CDMA-IS95A as the network type... haven't seen that before.

Question...Can Freeze it disabled the HTC Dot View app without messing up my HTC M8?

uzudy7aq.jpg

I do not use, and have no use for the HTC Dot View option. I have absolutely no plans on getting the Dot View Case, and over the past few weeks, I have mistakenly activated the Dot View option by tapping the phone wrong.

Please let me know if I can disable HTC Dot View either through the Sprint " Disable" feature or though the Titanium Back-Up feature "Freeze"

Does anyone else notice that the LTE signal strength is better when holding the M8 in the right hand, or am I late to the party?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Just avoid holding the top of the phone. That's where the LTE radio resides.

Just try it, you can always unfreeze it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'll try that! Thanks!

Cant you just uninstall it? I dont even have that app on my M8 which means its not a pre installed app.

I might try that, I just don't want to mess myself up for getting system updates.

Question...Can Freeze it disabled the HTC Dot View app without messing up my HTC M8?

uzudy7aq.jpg

I do not use, and have no use for the HTC Dot View option. I have absolutely no plans on getting the Dot View Case, and over the past few weeks, I have mistakenly activated the Dot View option by tapping the phone wrong.

Please let me know if I can disable HTC Dot View either through the Sprint " Disable" feature or though the Titanium Back-Up feature "Freeze"

Should be able to just uninstall it from the play store like any other app... It's not one of the apps that's installed by default.
  • Like 2

I can no longer view the coverage map showing coverage by device, anybody else?  If Sprint is trying to be sneaky now I would think this would actually cause more complaints since the standard data roaming map shows near nationwide coverage.

I can no longer view the coverage map showing coverage by device, anybody else? If Sprint is trying to be sneaky now I would think this would actually cause more complaints since the standard data roaming map shows near nationwide coverage.

No such problem here.

e9ute4u7.jpg

• Like 1

Did some messing around, switched from LTE/CDMA to automatic... enabled gsm data, rebooted, did a profile/prl update over wifi and I've got data now. Network mode changed back to LTE/CDMA after the profile update, GSM data is still checked but grayed out because of the network mode. In the Android network status page, it shows CDMA-IS95A as the network type... haven't seen that before.

Well this got me closer to fixing my problem. What I found is I have to have it in CDMA mode and then reboot, then my 3G data works (no roaming tho -- still can't roam no matter what I do):

To refresh your memory, my problem is I can't use Sprint 3G data or Roam. 4G works. If I do the following I CAN use Sprint 3G data:

- Shut off Wifi, Put it in CDMA mode, reboot. It has to boot up in 3G mode, with Wifi off.
- Another option that works is to put it into CDMA mode, pop the sim card out and put it back in. Then 3G works.
- If I switch to LTE then go to CDMA, 3G doesn't transfer data.

- Nothing works for roaming.

- I can make calls in 3G or roaming mode no problem... its always just an issue with data.

Well this got me closer to fixing my problem. What I found is I have to have it in CDMA mode and then reboot, then my 3G data works (no roaming tho -- still can't roam no matter what I do):

To refresh your memory, my problem is I can't use Sprint 3G data or Roam. 4G works. If I do the following I CAN use Sprint 3G data:

- Shut off Wifi, Put it in CDMA mode, reboot. It has to boot up in 3G mode, with Wifi off.

- Another option that works is to put it into CDMA mode, pop the sim card out and put it back in. Then 3G works.

- If I switch to LTE then go to CDMA, 3G doesn't transfer data.

- Nothing works for roaming.

- I can make calls in 3G or roaming mode no problem... its always just an issue with data.

Had kind of a similar issue with my Evo LTE. Could only get data on LTE or eHRPD, but not EV-DO or 1x (no roaming either)... profile got corrupted somehow while running an update. Can't remember the fix exactly but I had to get my MSL, change some setting in the engineering screens related to LTE or CDMA mode, then run a profile update and I was able to connect to EV-DO/1x and roam afterwards.

• Like 1

Had kind of a similar issue with my Evo LTE. Could only get data on LTE or eHRPD, but not EV-DO or 1x (no roaming either)... profile got corrupted somehow while running an update. Can't remember the fix exactly but I had to get my MSL, change some setting in the engineering screens related to LTE or CDMA mode, then run a profile update and I was able to connect to EV-DO/1x and roam afterwards.

Any idea where you got the fix/info from so I can investigate it further? --much appreciated!

Any idea where you got the fix/info from so I can investigate it further? --much appreciated!

After some searching and trying to remember the issue, I think this was it: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/586867-error-code-97-phone-fubard.html#post4719466.

I think my active profile was set to 0 and I had to change it to 1 and do a profile/prl update over wifi which got it working.

• Like 1