keep an eye to the sky!

Destroyallcubes

Just as a heads up to those in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri, severe weather is possible today! Keep an eye out and be safe!

• Like 1

Just as a heads up to those in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri, severe weather is possible today! Keep an eye out and be safe!

Hah, possible? It hasn't stopped thunder storming where I'm from yesterday until now. I've had at least 30 flashflood warnings lol.

Thanks for the concern/warning though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hah, possible? It hasn't stopped thunder storming where I'm from yesterday until now. I've had at least 30 flashflood warnings lol.

Thanks for the concern/warning though.

Oh yeah ? Are you in St. Louis? Heard they got flooded yesterday and hit again today. I'm more worried about the Tx,AR, and OK area. The sun is out here and supercells are supposed to form

Oh yeah ? Are you in St. Louis? Heard they got flooded yesterday and hit again today. I'm more worried about the Tx,AR, and OK area. The sun is out here and supercells are supposed to form

I'm right next to 44, so all the storms go right over my house. We've been in tornados warnings and stuff for awhile. There was some quarter sized hail for a bit this morning. To give you perspective I live on a hill and my yard is still flooded.

I'm right next to 44, so all the storms go right over my house. We've been in tornados warnings and stuff for awhile. There was some quarter sized hail for a bit this morning. To give you perspective I live on a hill and my yard is still flooded.

Dang sounds like an event we had back in 2006-2007. I live on the bottom of a hill, and still have standing water from a month ago. Hope it clears out soon for you!

Dang sounds like an event we had back in 2006-2007. I live on the bottom of a hill, and still have standing water from a month ago. Hope it clears out soon for you!

Missouri weather is a fickle fickle bitch, that's all I have to say:P. I'm hoping for a 5 minute break to take my dogs out side, they're going stir crazy and need to pee!

• Like 1

Missouri weather is a fickle fickle bitch, that's all I have to say:P. I'm hoping for a 5 minute break to take my dogs out side, they're going stir crazy and need to pee!

Haha I heard a town had a tornado one day and snow the next. Weather this past year has been bipolar. Like our ice storm it was raining freezing rain like a summer storm, and froze our roads for 2-3 days even though the wholebpast week It was in the 70s-80s

The SPC (Storm Prediction Center) is forecasting for a moderate risk of severe weather for the following areas below.  As a avid storm enthusiast and storm chaser when I have time I'd be on this system if I wasn't so busy yesterday and today.   ;)  

Here is a snap shot of a tornado warned cell off of the Dallas/Fort Worth VCP80 radar (TDWR).  Also for you weather extremest here at S4GRU I highly recommend PYKL3 Radar for you storm chasers, its a paid app and works wonders.

• Like 1

The SPC (Storm Prediction Center) is forecasting for a moderate risk of severe weather for the following areas below.  As a avid storm enthusiast and storm chaser when I have time I'd be on this system if I wasn't so busy yesterday and today.   ;)  

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-04-03-19-26-24.png

Here is a snap shot of tornado warned cell off of the Dallas/Fort Worth radar.  Also for you weather extremest here at S4GRU I highly recommend PYKL3 Radar for you storm chasers, its a paid app and works wonders.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-04-03-19-22-35.png

Heard of 80+Mph Gust, funnel cloud, and CD size Hail. We are supposed to get hit hard In East Texas, I don't think My corolla will handle Large hail very well. I love being able to track it, If the storm get closer before dark I will go to our lake and watch them roll in. Maybe get some good Video!

Heard of 80+Mph Gust, funnel cloud, and CD size Hail. We are supposed to get hit hard In East Texas, I don't think My corolla will handle Large hail very well. I love being able to track it, If the storm get closer before dark I will go to our lake and watch them roll in. Maybe get some good Video!

I have a 2001 Chevy S-10 4X4 ZR2 I use to storm chase, its seen better days especially after the 2011 super outbreak where I had close to softball sized hail hitting my truck... :P   Had to get the windshield replaced twice...what a day that was. 

I have a 2001 Chevy S-10 4X4 ZR2 I use to storm chase, its seen better days especially after the 2011 super outbreak where I had close to softball sized hail hitting my truck... :P   Had to get the windshield replaced twice...what a day that was. 

Oh man that was a rough year, Was the hottest Summer I remember. I have only seen up to maybe nickel Sized hail, But have actually had a tornado rip a huge tree up one year at my place, and threw a barn all over a .1 miles away. And saw one summer storm literally rain sideways. I wish I could go up to the plains and chase Tornadoes, It is really hard here In ET with all of the Pines. 

• Like 1

Inches of hail at my house. Here's the runoff pile from my neighbor's porch with a banana and my size 13 shoe for scale:

ZlxyQb6.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE APRIL 23, 2014

The SPC (Storm Prediction Center) is forecasting for a possible multi-day severe weather event across portions of the central and southern plains Saturday (4/26) and Sunday (4/27)...large hail and strong tornadoes are possible.

Note: Depending on how far east the dryline advances the Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys could be impacted by this system by Monday given if enough warm convection and instability is in the atmosphere.  

• Like 1

May be a good chase day Saturday. We shall see. So long as it stays west of my area so I don't have to go to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ill be on this system by Saturday afternoon given if I can get my work caught up  ;)

I'm thinking Western/Central Arkansas will be a good target area and go from there. 

Ill be on this system by Saturday afternoon given if I can get my work caught up ;)

I'm thinking Western/Central Arkansas will be a good target area and go from there.

Won't be able to go out Sunday, have to be near home to take to the airwaves if things go south in the Ozarks.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Won't be able to go out Sunday, have to be near home to take to the airwaves if things go south in the Ozarks.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Honestly I think if this system holds together there will plenty of chase days from Saturday through Tuesday.  

UPDATE APRIL 25, 2014

The SPC (Storm Prediction Center) has updated there outlook.  Multi-day severe weather outbreak is possible begining Sunday April 27, 2014 during the afternoon hours where heating will be robust and may last into the night...large hail, damaging winds, and tornadoes are likely.  The areas of greatest concern are the following: Central and Western Arkansas/Eastern Texas

D5 (Day 5) Tuesday has been upgraded and pushed further East well into the Southeast, the potential of a severe weather outbreak appears to be greater at the current time.

Sunday Severe Weather Outlook

Day 4-8 Severe Probabilities