Sprint to join Rural Operators Roaming Hub (CCA and RRPP thread)

marioc21

New news on this topic: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-expand-4g-lte-roaming-through-12-new-agreements-with-carriers-covering-a-population-of-over-34-million.htm?view_id=10517

Unfortunately, no news about USCC LTE roaming...  Oh well...  Glad to see there is working being done with smaller carriers though.

When can we expect to use this expanded coverage? I see that Carolina West Wireless is on it and I could REALLY use that in the next couple months!

-Anthony

• Like 1

When can we expect to use this expanded coverage? I see that Carolina West Wireless is on it and I could REALLY use that in the next couple months!

-Anthony

Not entirely sure...  Do they offer LTE at all yet though?  I was looking through some of the websites of these carriers, and most do not even offer LTE yet.  Probably going to be a while before anything worthwhile comes out of this.

Not entirely sure...  Do they offer LTE at all yet though?  I was looking through some of the websites of these carriers, and most do not even offer LTE yet.  Probably going to be a while before anything worthwhile comes out of this.

I'm not sure about that, but hey! Coverage is Coverage! Haha

-Anthony

• Like 1

LTE is coming along behind NV complete sites rather quickly here lately though. And Masa is kicking the new network guys right in the most tender part of their derrières. It's happening now as fast it can now. And arguing over the semantics of objective technical terms is rather pointless for all of us.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And Masa is definitely delivering on the LTE roaming agreements.

Sprint to Expand 4G LTE Roaming Through 12 New Agreements with Carriers Covering a Population of Over 34 Million
  • SouthernLINC Wireless, covering 127,000 square miles and 18 million people in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida
  • nTelos, covering 66,000 square miles and 6.1 million people in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Kentucky (previously announced)
  • C Spire Wireless, covering over 61,700 square miles and approximately 5.5 million people in Mississippi, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee
  • Nex-Tech Wireless, covering 35,000 square miles and 286,000 people in Kansas and Colorado
  • Flat Wireless, covering over 29,000 square miles and 2.1 million people in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona
  • SI Wireless dba MobileNation, covering 10,000 square miles and 830,000 people in Tennessee and Kentucky
  • Inland Cellular, covering 9,000 square miles and 297,000 people in Idaho and Washington
  • Illinois Valley Cellular, covering 5,500 square miles and 250,000 people in Illinois
  • Carolina West Wireless, covering 3,100 square miles and 585,500 people in North Carolina
  • James Valley Telecommunications, covering 4,000 square miles and 45,000 people in South Dakota
  • VTel Wireless, covering 791 square miles and 60,450 people in Vermont
  • Phoenix Wireless, covering 800 square miles and 17,000 people in Maine 
  • Like 1

-Anthony

See the post by Conan Kudo halfway down this page. :(

Edit: but on a happy note: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-expand-4g-lte-roaming-through-12-new-agreements-with-carriers-covering-a-population-of-over-34-million.htm?view_id=10517

Well, at least Sprint got this announcement out of the way. So we know it's not the main subject of the 'Happy Connecting' event next Monday.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking forward to the southern link coverage. Sprint in rural Georgia is terrible but if we can have southern links coverage I would be very satisfied....

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Solinc? Do they have an LTE network yet?

No southern link is starting buildout in 2015. With expected completion in 2018. However they don't have any native cdma voice coverage from what I understand all they have now is iden. So I'm wondering how that's gonna work. Whether we'll have to wait for volte to get their 4g.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

So if you are connected to those carrier's LTE, will it be considered native coverage and be uncapped or will it be roaming and be capped?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So if you are connected to those carrier's LTE, will it be considered native coverage and be uncapped or will it be roaming and be capped?

I don't think any of those details have been released.

Has anyone else realized how the comments on every single article are overwhelmingly positive? Whenever someone has something negative to say, someone shuts them down.

Maybe there is actually some good news out there for us sprint users. I would rather read the 4g progress instead of some tmo fanboy crap. Wouldn't you?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Does appear to reflect Sprint's LTE, but it's like 6 months behind on launched markets.

I noticed that too, regardless, Sprint's LTE network looks pretty large from a national view. Betcha Magenta's map isn't that covered yet.

-Anthony

derp. I thought you were talking about RORH specifically, not just general roaming. We linked to the same article. Disregard. XD
  • Like 1

I'd be curious to see if service outperforms sprint in those areas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Eager to see how sprint devices prioritize other providers lte. Native 3G over roaming lte? Same roaming alerts for voice? Very interested in seeing it in action

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Eager to see how sprint devices prioritize other providers lte. Native 3G over roaming lte? Same roaming alerts for voice? Very interested in seeing it in action

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I would think wherever this roaming lte is there wouldn't be native 3g available

Does appear to reflect Sprint's LTE, but it's like 6 months behind on launched markets.

C-Spire has had LTE roaming in most Sprint markets (except where C-Spire has native CDMA, like Memphis) for quite a while now, although they are very aggressive in going after people with excessive non-native usage.

• Like 1