Sprint to join Rural Operators Roaming Hub (CCA and RRPP thread)

marioc21

My understanding was this would be a RRP agreement where the LTE roaming would be considered "native"? Maybe that's changed? Haven't kept up with this in a while.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

You must be a Shared network alliance partner to have reciprocal pseudo native roaming.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

My understanding was this would be a RRP agreement where the LTE roaming would be considered "native"? Maybe that's changed? Haven't kept up with this in a while.

USCC, while part of the CCA, did not join the Roaming Partnership.
  • Like 1

USCC, while part of the CCA, did not join the Roaming Partnership.

USCC is part of the roaming partnership. There's a reason sprint and them negotiated EVDO roaming with each other.

SNA partner they are not.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I would guess it comes down what (other) bands that USCC phones have been covering as to who the roaming partner may be.

I would guess it comes down what (other) bands that USCC phones have been covering as to who the roaming partner may be.

Most Sprint phones and USCC phones have been identical for a while now. There is no doubt we have something good ahead of us. Both sprint customers and USCC customers.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Most Sprint phones and USCC phones have been identical for a while now.

Nope.  Not most, and not identical.  If we are limiting the scope to just LTE, many USCC phones lack band 26 and band 41.  Band 25 is the only commonality they share with Sprint.  Any USCC LTE roaming on Sprint likely will be on band 25 alone.

AJ

• Like 2

Sadly, a roaming deal is no guarantee of Sprint getting access to the USCC network. It is always possible that they just are paying the partner to roam on their network. Honestly, if Sprint doesn't change the roaming cap, access to USCC LTE doesn't mean much either.

People need to get over the roaming quotas.  Or go find other options that suit them better.  Presently, the roaming quotas are a financial necessity for Sprint.

People also need to disabuse themselves of the notion that LTE makes them use more data.  No, that is entirely up to personal choice.  Plenty of the people who use around 1 GB of native data per month would be happy to have LTE roaming -- even if the roaming quota is only 300 MB or 100 MB.

AJ

• Like 5

I just want to be able to post a picture or find directions west of Madison, WI. I don't travel there frequently, but now it's 1xRTT (well, presumably at least EVDO RevA now) and it's impossible for the aforementioned tasks. Just a little LTE trickle would be a huge advancement.

• Like 1

Just a little LTE trickle would be a huge advancement.

No, no, no, that is unacceptable.  The only correct answer if I have LTE is that I must unleash the torrent -- pun intended.

;)

AJ

• Like 5