In Minneapolis, have upgrade coming soon, not sure what to do?

Lol u learn something new everyday lol something told me not to get the photon and I'm glad I didn't

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

You stick around here and you can learn a LOT. There are a lot of smart people on this forum that I have learned from. The forums and articles here should be required reading for the customer service reps that sell phones, so they actually know what is going on. I think Sprint would rather have them in the dark, and use the "4G LTE is coming" company line though.

Random reboots is a hallmark of many Android devices unfortunately.

This is merely a statement of fact, please don't turn this into another tiresome android/iOS argument.

• Like 1

I just hope when we do get lte its still unlimited

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

It's not anything I worry about. Based on Sprint's keeping unlimited ads going strong and Hesse's continual comments on it, there is no reason to be concerned that LTE will be a catalyst to ditch unlimited. It would not be until LTE is starting receive significant usage burden that Sprint cannot mitigate with easy solutions like 800/2500 capacity enhancements that I think they will scrap unlimited.

I'm a believer that Sprint is banking on an unlimited LTE iPhone to save the day!

Robert

• Like 2

It's not anything I worry about. Based on Sprint's keeping unlimited ads going strong and Hesse's continual comments on it, there is no reason to be concerned that LTE will be a catalyst to ditch unlimited. It would not be until LTE is starting receive significant usage burden that Sprint cannot mitigate with easy solutions like 800/2500 capacity enhancements that I think they will scrap unlimited.

Given Hesse's comments about the data use of iPhone users, I don't think they're that worried about unlimited either. It's their big differentiator from the other majors, and iPhone apps are designed around low data usage (to keep AT&T and Verizon folks happy). Frankly I expect throttling above 5-10 GB/month to be their solution if they decide they need to crack down on data use to provide reliability of service; that would put the floor well above T-Mobile's and probably only really affect people that are stealth tethering.

• Like 2

Frankly I expect throttling above 5-10 GB/month to be their solution if they decide they need to crack down on data use to provide reliability of service; that would put the floor well above T-Mobile's and probably only really affect people that are stealth tethering.

About a month after I joined Sprint I asked about the tethering feature and the salesman at the store said my phone (samsung replenish at the time) was incapable of tethering. Sadly...about 1hr 30mins later after browsing the internet and being very very new to smartphones I managed to get my phone to stealth tether even though I was told the phone was incapable of tethering (even if I paid $30 for the feature). It's great being able to tether for free, especially when I was told the phone was incapable of the feature.

• Like 1

Across the road from me Mediacom marked the location for their fiber line. Not sure when they'll start putting it in. Think that line would be part of the backhaul for Sprint or completely unrelated?

Could be. Fiber design as well as LOS (Line of Sight) surveys are underway in and around Minneapolis. Although, AT&T is currently working on FTTCS and ETTCS projects in that same market.

I'm a believer that Sprint is banking on an unlimited LTE iPhone to save the day!

Robert

100% agree. Also with LTE being 2x or more spectrally efficient than 3G, if they can offer unlimited 3G they should be able to offer unlimited LTE.