iOS 7.1 update available

Steven800

I can't really do a battery life comparison on my phone because I have such crappy service here. I know that as of yesterday, my iPad had not been charged in almost 13 days and had about 25 hours of normal usage (web browsing mostly on medium brightness). I know the not being charged in 13 days is accurate, but 25 hours of usage plus 13 days of stand by makes me wonder.....If those stats are accurate, I am throughly impressed.

I get about 15 hours of usage on my mini. It amazes me how long it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get about 15 hours of usage on my mini. It amazes me how long it lasts.

I don't know for sure how much I get for usage because I usually recharge it without looking, but I agree that it amazes me how long it lasts. I think the tablets in general last longer than the phones, whether it is because they have more battery capacity or because they run more efficiently ... because my Nexus 7 (2012) has great battery life too when compared to my GS4. Now, my tablets don't have cell antennas ... so that could have a lot to do with it too, but screens are universally the highest battery drain. Who knows. 

I don't know for sure how much I get for usage because I usually recharge it without looking, but I agree that it amazes me how long it lasts. I think the tablets in general last longer than the phones, whether it is because they have more battery capacity or because they run more efficiently ... because my Nexus 7 (2012) has great battery life too when compared to my GS4. Now, my tablets don't have cell antennas ... so that could have a lot to do with it too, but screens are universally the highest battery drain. Who knows.

Me thinks it has to do with cellular networks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

How is this battery life possible...

I'm really curious how Apple calculates battery life usage. I get about 11 hours on my first generation mini, but sometimes I get over a day of usage but I know I didn't use my iPad that much.

Ah then yes, that is the glorious A6X processor at work. What a battery champ that processor was!

-Anthony

It's absolutely amazing. I remember when I went to the keys I didn't charge it the entire time, came back and iused it on and off and didn't charge it for like another 10 days. I hope they can bring this type of battery life to the iphone 6.
  • Like 1

It's absolutely amazing. I remember when I went to the keys I didn't charge it the entire time, came back and iused it on and off and didn't charge it for like another 10 days. I hope they can bring this type of battery life to the iphone 6.

The A7 has PLENTY of power. I think the A8 should really focus on battery usage rather than performance this generation.

-Anthony

• Like 2

The A7 has PLENTY of power. I think the A8 should really focus on battery usage rather than performance this generation.

-Anthony

We find out in 2 weeks! I can't freaking wait to see what is in this next phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1