Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" owners thread

Destroyallcubes

This tab was given to me by Sprint a few days ago when I bought my (awesome, kickass) Nexus 5. At first, I was stoked. I mean, hey, a "free" tablet! But I now see how terribly abysmal the screen resolution is. Just atrocious. It's going back ASAP!!

At least yours activated i went through two that worked at first then said preparing network and stopped working.  I got to return it without paying 70 bucks.   Good old retention's dept.  Its a Samsung bug 

At least yours activated i went through two that worked at first then said preparing network and stopped working.  I got to return it without paying 70 bucks.   Good old retention's dept.  Its a Samsung bug 

I actuallly ended up keeping it.  I figured any tablet was better than no tablet at all.  But even as I sit here typing this out I tried to turn it on and it immediately died.  Dead battery.  I don't know why because last time I used it, it was at at least 75%.  I powered it off...it was not on standby.  That was two days ago.  So how could it be dead now when I try to power it back on?  Really odd.  It doesn't matter now because the 2013 Nexus 7 can be had for dirt cheap and that's where I'm headed.  

Don't get me wrong I liked it but to many issues not activating. Even in front of sprint reps. They were like ummmmm I don't know. Wound up getting nexus 7 2013 love it.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I liked it but to many issues not activating. Even in front of sprint reps. They were like ummmmm I don't know. Wound up getting nexus 7 2013 love it.

Well maybe the Tab 4 will be out for sprint, if so I will be upgrading ASAP to that! The new Tab 4's are a lot snappier, and better looking in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded the OTA update for 4.4.2. So far besides the white notification bar, I don't really notice any differences.

Have you noticed any differences in speed and responsiveness? My tablet has been getting a little slow lately.

Have you noticed any differences in speed and responsiveness? My tablet has been getting a little slow lately.

It feels just like when I first got it. One thing I did see is the available ram went up. On 4.2.2 it would sit around 770MB of 1.1GB, with 4.4.2 it's sitting at 692MB of 1.32GB. Also, something I didn't really notice before but the font on the home screen application text seems sharper/easier to read.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've been having blips in Albany appear in my Google Location History randomly and I haven't been there in years. Last week I left my tablet at home (I usually take it with me) and the random blips stopped. I also get a few randomly showing on long island. I'm assuming its the tablet since when I leave it at home they don't show up. This week I'm going to try testing by taking it with me but turning location history off. Has anyone noticed anything similar to this?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw this out here in case you haven't played with it yet... for whatever reason - it sounds like Kit-Kat and the Netflix app butts heads against one another.

If you watch something and you need to rewind, fast-forward, change the volume, etc. you won't be able to as the menu with it all on only appears for a millisecond. Which means you have to fully back out to the menu and restart what you're watching before the buttons disappear.

Since I'm using my Tab as a business tablet, I ugh... *cough, cough* wasn't watching Netflix on it...  ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Tab 3 as an Oops gift from Sprint when they messed with me over comp-ing me an Airave. I noticed that same problem with Netflix.

In the time since your post, Zballer, have you found a way around the problem of barely there menus?

I just got the Tab 3 as an Oops gift from Sprint when they messed with me over comp-ing me an Airave. I noticed that same problem with Netflix.

In the time since your post, Zballer, have you found a way around the problem of barely there menus?

No, unfortunately it sounds like it's a designer flaw of Netflix going against how the Tab 3 and/or Kit-Kat runs. Since my Tab is my business tablet I did uninstall Netflix, so I have not checked it since my last post. However I can say, that the app runs flawlessly on my LG G3! No menu problems at all and Bob's Burgers looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

• 3 weeks later...

An update has appeared on my tablet this morning

16mb update??  

I would assume a security fix?

That's what I was going to ask, seeing as it's not very big, it's probably that or a bug fix.

That's what I was going to ask, seeing as it's not very big, it's probably that or a bug fix.

Also supposedly had the Netflix fix

• 4 months later...

Well I'm fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of my ownership of the Tab 3.

Overall, it's still a great tablet. Since it is a business only tablet, it works well for me. However though, it seems with the apps I have on it Clean Master is always reminding me to boost the memory. If I keep up with cleaning the cache every now and then, it's been a great tool for me and has definitely paid for itself already.

When my 2 year contract is up though, I will probably cancel the line and run it on WiFi on my Karma hotspot next year or just keep it on the 100 MB plan.

I've also noticed that Sprint now only has 8GB versions of the Tab 3 instead of what most received like mine, the 16GB.

Well I'm fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of my ownership of the Tab 3.

Overall, it's still a great tablet. Since it is a business only tablet, it works well for me. However though, it seems with the apps I have on it Clean Master is always reminding me to boost the memory. If I keep up with cleaning the cache every now and then, it's been a great tool for me and has definitely paid for itself already.

When my 2 year contract is up though, I will probably cancel the line and run it on WiFi on my Karma hotspot next year or just keep it on the 100 MB plan.

I've also noticed that Sprint now only has 8GB versions of the Tab 3 instead of what most received like mine, the 16GB.

I upgraded to a an ipad mini 2 32gb awhile back, and they allowed my to cancel my tab 3 line awhilr back actually for free. Also was able to cancel a hotspot line i had. Got a deposit back That I never paid, so i got a cheap bill.

• 1 year later...

I'm curious... anyone still have their Tab 3 on their account?

I just took mine off a couple weeks ago and is now being a finicky lil' bugger on Wi-Fi. I was going to sell it, but now plan to donate it to a place who I know needs a tablet. But if it's going to be problematic, idk.