Sprint reshuffles networks team: Saw promoted, Elfman and Azzi to leave company

milan03

People can knock the Ceo of T-Mobile all they want. He's getting results. 

Results? Perhaps, but for all his bluster his "uncarrier" initiatives have yet to show a net profit.

• Like 1

Wow, why such hostility for trying to differentiate yourself from the past. T-Mobile made one of the two headed dinosaurs create a generous family plan. Not sprint, would I have loved if sprint came up with it? Yes, of course. Give credit were credit is due. Man, I hate when people just wanna toot their own horn.

Listen, I come from the Nextel days. You had Nextel you were proud to have them. It's not the case with sprint no where by far.

Our Ceo needs to make its subs feel proud to be with them and at this moment I can't recommend sprint to anyone. I look forward to a day when I can but it's not here yet.

Results? Perhaps, but for all his bluster his "uncarrier" initiatives have yet to show a net profit.

Listen, I come from the Nextel days. You had Nextel you were proud to have them. It's not the case with sprint no where by far.

Our Ceo needs to make its subs feel proud to be with them and at this moment I can't recommend sprint to anyone. I look forward to a day when I can but it's not here yet.

You need to get off that bandwagon.  Your choice of wireless provider in no way defines you.  That you should be "proud" is ridiculous.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm here. The moves, while unfortunate to see anyone to lose their jobs, were needed. I like Robert's take. I think Sprint executives and employees there have taken no as an answer for far too long. That has to change. Things like tracking real-time data shows me though that SoftBank is up to the task. Sprint just has to put their foot on the pedal and innovate. That's the fastest way out of their current conundrum.

• Like 5

Ya, your right. I wouldn't buy a bugatti cause I'm a rich prick who likes to show off and look down at everyone else. I'd buy it cause I like the paint job.

Cmon AJ, We buy/use alot of stuff cause how it makes us feel. If that wasn't ever the case they'd be no fads. Do I agree with it? NO, But that's what makes the public what it is.

At this point in time if I needed to make/take an important call. I'd feel more secure taking it with my vzw device then my sprint device at this time. Which I don't like admitting but it's the truth.

You need to get off that bandwagon. Your choice of wireless provider in no way defines you. That you should be "proud" is ridiculous.

AJ

Wow, why such hostility for trying to differentiate yourself from the past. T-Mobile made one of the two headed dinosaurs create a generous family plan. Not sprint, would I have loved if sprint came up with it? Yes, of course. Give credit were credit is due. Man, I hate when people just wanna toot their own horn.

Hostility? No, just pointing out a fact. Man, I hate when people make unfounded assumptions.

While illustrating what t-mobile may have "made" At&t do, you neglect to mention that t-mobile is tweaking their plans on March 23. Those tweaks raise their data limits and align pretty closely to what Sprint is doing. I.e. 1 GB included, 3 GB for $10. Give credit where credit is due, right?

I had nextel at one point in time too. They provided a service in exchange for payment. I never felt "proud" of that arrangement. I don't know why I would feel "proud" for paying a certain company my money every month. I concede that maybe that's just me though. I buy what works for me. As long as that arrangement is mutually beneficial I'm "satisfied", but "proud"? Doesn't even enter into the equation.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree that Hesse probably is good for Sprint but... It shouldn't have taken softbank to fire bad leaders. Also, as a leader, you are fully accountable for the work produced by your employees. The two people who got fired, just lost site of what they were supposed to be doing and how to go about it. The new commercials in the past couple of weeks are infinitely better than the previous ones.

Keep in mind that Hesse formerly reported to a board of directors that was known to thwart at least some of his attempts to add to, streamline, and modernize Sprint. He now reports directly to Son. My suspicion is that he and Son are making moves that Hesse has long known were necessary, but which he did not have the authority to make. I further suspect that he and Son have spent much of the last 7 months perfecting a syrategic plan, and that many more chsnges are coming. Does this mean the Hesse himself will survive? Maybe. Maybe not. Time - and results - will tell. But realistically, Son is responsible to no board, and has the power to do what he needs to do.

• Like 10

Keep in mind that Hesse formerly reported to a board of directors that was known to thwart at least some of his attempts to add to, streamline, and modernize Sprint. He now reports directly to Son. My suspicion is that he and Son are making moves that Hesse has long known were necessary, but which he did not have the authority to make.

Good point. Perhaps the most recent and glaring example of this is when Hesse's attempt to buy MetroPCS was shot down, in the eleventh hour no less, by the board in early 2012. How would the wireless landscape look today had Hesse been allowed to fully execute his plans?

• Like 8

Good point. Perhaps the most recent and glaring example of this is when Hesse's attempt to buy MetroPCS was shot down, in the eleventh hour no less, by the board in early 2012. How would the wireless landscape look today had Hesse been allowed to fully execute his plans?

In hindsight, not purchasing MetroPCS was a blunder.  Their competitor, T-Mobile, has been strengthened as a result.  And Sprint would have benefited from the PCS holdings of Metro and could have swapped their AWS for more PCS.  Hesse was right on that move and he was denied.  And Legere is happy for it.

Robert

• Like 7

In hindsight, not purchasing MetroPCS was a blunder. Their competitor, T-Mobile, has been strengthened as a result. And Sprint would have benefited from the PCS holdings of Metro and could have swapped their AWS for more PCS. Hesse was right on that move and he was denied. And Legere is happy for it.

Robert

Proof positive that shareholders aren't always correct. Most often than not, they aren't. Sometimes they just need to get the hell out of the way and let upper management do their jobs.

• Like 1

Proof positive that shareholders aren't always correct. Most often than not, they aren't. Sometimes they just need to get the hell out of the way and let upper management do their jobs.

And sometimes it's just the bored of directors (yes, I misspelled that on purpose) being idiots and needing to be replaced or controlled by a higher authority, in this case Son.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

I'm here. The moves, while unfortunate to see anyone to lose their jobs, were needed. I like Robert's take. I think Sprint executives and employees there have taken no as an answer for far too long. That has to change. Things like tracking real-time data shows me though that SoftBank is up to the task. Sprint just has to put their foot on the pedal and innovate. That's the fastest way out of their current conundrum.

I see the same malaise at Sprint that I see at a lot of other companies in the US. Management by CYA, pass the buck, don't rock the boat, don't stick your neck out, be a good team member. Sometimes you need to chew some people out in front of other people to get their attention.