New Sprint Network Vision deployment video

Yes I remember the "Sprint Speed" commercials back then when I was living in Cincinnati. It really was industry leading at the time and, yes, fast (relatively speaking).

Many people forget about that time, The management post-Nextel merger made all of the wrong decisions. Every one of those decisions dug Sprint into a deeper hole come the era of smartphones and ubiquitous data usage.

• Like 1

These days I consistently get 3G speeds of 1Mbps or more, sometimes even 2+ Mbps. Coupled with low latency on eHRPD, I find it to be eminently usable for most purposes.

Most Sprint critics won't believe, or remember, but around 2007-2008, Sprint's EvDO network regularly beat out all three competitors. Back then, HSDPA wasn't a thing, so all GSM carriers had was EDGE.

It's good to see Sprint's 3G network back performing the way it should always have.

Yes agreed.. And I remember those days. It was great to be a sprint customer. With NV I have seen nothing less than 1 Mbps dl. Brings back the good ole days.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Finally had a chance to see the video.  I must say that it does give the average consumer a better sense of what Network Vision is all about and how Sprint plans to use its 800 and 2500 MHz spectrum for additional data capacity.  It dumbs it down so that the average consumer can understand it.  Now if only Sprint can start sending this video message out without hiding it on their Youtube channel so that more people understand.  But I still feel at the end of the day, people will always whine and complain and have that "what have you done for me lately" attitude which equates to ongoing slow data speeds and lack of LTE coverage.

• Like 2

Finally had a chance to see the video.  I must say that it does give the average consumer a better sense of what Network Vision is all about and how Sprint plans to use its 800 and 2500 MHz spectrum for additional data capacity.  It dumbs it down so that the average consumer can understand it.  Now if only Sprint can start sending this video message out without hiding it on their Youtube channel so that more people understand.  But I still feel at the end of the day, people will always whine and complain and have that "what have you done for me lately" attitude which equates to ongoing slow data speeds and lack of LTE coverage.

I'm hoping that Sprint has a massive nationwide marketing campaign after Network Vision completion that has a simple video like this, or series of videos to explain the massive scale of the upgrades to the average Joe. I'm not sure how to cut it down to a proper 30-60 second TV spot though.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that Sprint has a massive nationwide marketing campaign after Network Vision completion that has a simple video like this, or series of videos to explain the massive scale of the upgrades to the average Joe. I'm not sure how to cut it down to a proper 30-60 second TV spot though.

Just do a time lapse of one tower upgrade then a time lapse of Roberts map from start to finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint should definitely make a commercial of network vision and they should have this video played constantly through out Sprint stores

I like that idea. Also kind of related, has anyone seen the new T-Mobile commercials where they directly go after Verizon's horribly inaccurate coverage map commercials? I wish Sprint would speak up and do a commercial setting the record straight on their LTE coverage compared to what Verizon shows. Being silent on the issue only invites critics to let it become truth.

• Like 1

I like that idea. Also kind of related, has anyone seen the new T-Mobile commercials where they directly go after Verizon's horribly inaccurate coverage map commercials? I wish Sprint would speak up and do a commercial setting the record straight on their LTE coverage compared to what Verizon shows. Being silent on the issue only invites critics to let it become truth.

Maybe sprint is waiting until they have a little more complete on the network before they shout too loud. Couple more months and it could be awesome.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1