Dish Network won't bid against Sprint for T-Mobile, Ergen says

IamMrFamous07

"We're realistic enough to know we're not going to outbid SoftBank in any transaction," Ergen said. "SoftBank has conquered us into submission."

That doesn't sound like typical Ergen/Dish

• Like 2

Did Charlie lose his Erges?

AJ

• Like 5

He's probably getting something out the deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Charile is definitely getting something out of the deal. So does Sprint and I don't mean overpaying for T-Mobile. A lot of moving parts to this one.

• Like 2

Charile is definitely getting something out of the deal. So does Sprint and I don't mean overpaying for T-Mobile. A lot of moving parts to this one.

Maybe it will be like someone stated on the forums. Sprint gets the spectrum and the customers. Dish gets tmo infrastructure to build their network.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

A lot of people here quickly and automatically dismiss anything related to a Sprint-Dish partnership since recent past events turned out sour but I believe this knee-jerk reaction to be short sighted and maybe even foolish. In a scenario where all parties can win, the dollar will subdue past events and feelings.

If it takes 45B to score tmo and take on its debt right now, despite his best poker face, Charlie doesnt have those kind of borrowing facilities. He was stretched with the ~23B he offered for Sprint. Either Softbank gets tmo and charlie has been promised first dibs on divestitures, or he storms in with a lowball bid after sprint's acquistion is rejected as an "only viable option for approval"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think can afford Tmo. Even if he got it for 30-35bil. Dish isn't doing well right now. I think they were recently in talks with dtv buying them out.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-02-21/analyst-dish-network-clears-way-for-directv-deal

Dish could be setting itself up to completely commit to this new wireless broadband thing.

This guy has a very good point about this whole merger thing

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=13495&fi=3273004

a little snipet very interesting

2. SoftBank buys TMUS and signs a network sharing agreement with Dish. Charlie gets his network so that he can offer triple play services to compete with the cable companies and doesn't have to scrounge up the billions to build his own network. He contributes his spectrum, which is hosted on either Sprint's, TMUS' or a combined network (as above). Adding Dish to the mix placates the Justice Department by bringing a new wireless competitor to the market and the new company gets to deal with a recalcitrant baby in Ergen. 

• Like 3

I don't think can afford Tmo. Even if he got it for 30-35bil. Dish isn't doing well right now. I think they were recently in talks with dtv buying them out.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-02-21/analyst-dish-network-clears-way-for-directv-deal

Dish could be setting itself up to completely commit to this new wireless broadband thing.

oh please dont let this happen....

i have decided that direct is as big of a-hole that verizon is, and doesnt think their crap stinks....

sure Dish had some issues.......but on my 2nd go around....110% better

oh please dont let this happen....

i have decided that direct is as big of a-hole that verizon is, and doesnt think their crap stinks....

sure Dish had some issues.......but on my 2nd go around....110% better

Lol I am bound to DirecTV NFL ticket can't leave, but they give great discounts by the way