Mobile Hotspot Unlimited Data on LTE

bucdenny

It's a process. You need an ein from the irs, a Sprint business account, and a credit union account. This isn't something easily attainable. Not to mention the tax problems you face by creating a sole proprietorship just to get unlimited hotspot. This won't be abused. It's a process, not a loophole.

hummm... this would be perfect for my mom.....as she has the clear modem for her ISP....and as that is going the way side....i have been trying to figure out what to do....

and no my mom, isnt a data hog  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

but it would make it nice so i dont have to monitor it for her.....

ohh and the tower just got LTE, and is about 2 blocks from her....win win win :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

oh and yes already have all the biz stuff....so easy for me to get

the tax problems you face by creating a sole proprietorship

What tax problems?  The IRS considers sole proprietors 'business' income and income from any other sources (day job, etc) all as one combined.  If you didnt sell any widgets last year you would just report...nothing.  The only headache is if you tried to get ballsy and deduct the cost of the hotspot plan but I dont think anyone would try that.

You can't earn income under you're ssn, and have nothing reported under your ein, right? So, it would just be this fake business that has no income being reported.

SPs can use there SSN as their EIN if they want to, at least as far as the IRS is concerned.  I assume by income under your SSN you mean a 'normal' W2 issuing job?

To answer your question, of course you can have no income reported.  If I have Swintecs Ebay Emporium selling junk on Ebay and i didnt sell anything at all in 2013...I would put nothing.  Worse case, the IRS would ask (they wouldnt, but just assume here they did) you simply say I was busy with other things.  Maybe I will have better luck next year.  How would they leverage a penalty on you for that?  15% penalty on 0 is.....0.

I havent really used my EIN ever, which I got years ago.  I just use my SSN since any income earned as a SP is grouped together as a total anyways.

What I wonder is, since the IRS considers a SSN a legal EIN for SP businesses, will sprint?  A lot of users sign up for business ISP service without any issues.  This wouldnt be any different.

Be careful. If this thread advocates "unlimited" abuse, it will not last.

AJ

I understand the sentiment, and hopefully any such moderation will only be due to blatant trolling, and not for those that advocate this as a potentially suitable for light and occasional mainstream use at home (rather than a vehicle for prosumer or enterprise-level usage). Sprint ought to find a way to leverage its assets and partnerships to offer a home broadband product, and this offering (if new) might be a way of trialing the effect of an unlimited option on their LTE network. Also, the FCC is quite eager to increase home broadband options, so I wouldn't be surprised if they mandated that as a condition of the S-TMUS merger, assuming they allow it at all.

Of course, some of the problems inherent with "unlimited" (or any "Fair Use" policies based upon it) are due to their vagueness. Some may view, for example, 200 GB of monthly usage as abusive, others wouldn't. It's quite dependent on the capacity of the network in question. 200 GB/mo of Ev-DO I would view as quite abusive (not to mention impossible with 1xRTT), but perhaps within reason on a B41 TDD LTE site w/ "Turbo" backhaul- particularly if a portion of that usage occurred overnight. I think the term "uncapped" is more suitable (since there are naturally limits imposed by the capacity of the airlink, hardware and/or if Sprint chooses to throttle video streaming; "unmetered" is also not quite accurate, since they do keep track of data usage, even on "unlimited" plans). 

If Sprint found a way to offer a LTE hotspot plan with a soft cap or generous hard cap in the neighborhood of 200-300GB (or 100GB + unlimited off-peak usage), that would (or should) embarrass the cable companies (e.g. Comcast) that are attempting to do the same in a futile attempt to protect their video revenue, while providing Sprint a much-needed boost in their revenue and subscriber count.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am trying to get this deal.

I called the 800# and no one knows what I am talking about. They just keep looping back around to 12G for $79 a month. 

Is this deal legit?  What is the best way to go about securing it?

Thanks!

I am trying to get this deal.

I called the 800# and no one knows what I am talking about. They just keep looping back around to 12G for $79 a month. 

Is this deal legit?  What is the best way to go about securing it?

Thanks!

That's because Unlimited Tethering on Sprint doesn't exist.

Paynefanbro the first post clearly states otherwise.

So this whole Topic is bogus and made up by bucdenny?

Mobile Hotspot with Unlimited Data are available for business accounts with credit union discount.  Was told by store manager only these account type with credit union are qualified for unlimited data mobile hotspot.  Picked up a Zing Mobile Hotpot and had verified our online account which shows "Custom 3G/4G Conn Plan Unltd" for the Zing.

Was surprised that Sprint offered unlimited data hotspot on LTE.  Cannot wait until we get Spark!

Paynefanbro the first post clearly states otherwise.

So this whole Topic is bogus and made up by bucdenny?

It's probably a plan that sprint doesn't advertise but the plan code is still in the system.

For example a new customer can still get that everything data share but the REP has to manually search the plan code to use it.

When I signup the so called unlimitted data for mobile hotspot from BMI.net, "Custom 3G/4G Conn Plan Unltd" also show up. And BMI.net made it clear that there is a 30G limit. So, I guess BMI.net was reselling that plan from Sprint

• 9 months later...

Is this still available? I am a corporate liable customer with credit union discount and I have spoken to the Finance Dept at Sprint (which is as high as you can go, as I understand it, besides emailing the back office) and they said they can't find the code. Help!

Have you tried corporate store? People on the phone doesn't know too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As of this billing cycle, Sprint had changed my hotspot unlimited plan to the Fusion 30GB for $110.  Did anyone get any notice of this change?  We barely used any data on our hotspot and it is a sad day.   :td:   

243,000 minutes?!?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yes, we use a lot of voice minutes lol.     Would seem like just moving to unlimited minutes would be better but this is a business plan from way back right after the Nextel shutdown.    

Yes, we use a lot of voice minutes lol. Would seem like just moving to unlimited minutes would be better but this is a business plan from way back right after the Nextel shutdown.

How many people on the plan? 243,000 minutes = more than 6 months!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk