Are Clearwire (now Sprint) towers going to be update with all sprint's lte bands 1900, 800, 2500?

i get great cdma 800mhz signal but LTE 1900 i get 1 bar and there is a clearwire (now Sprint) Tower less than mile away from me it would be nice if Sprint installed all lte bands.

Note 3 

No.  There are no plans to install anything but Band 41 LTE on Clearwire sites at this time.  They may eventually do full Network Vision upgrades and install CDMA and other LTE bands at Clearwire sites in the future.  Especially if additional CDMA capacity is needed.  But given that voice demands are going down, and Band 41 provides mondo capacity, I wouldn't hold your breath.

But if you get CDMA 800 and Band 41 near a Clearwire site, you don't really need anything else.  You have a voice and high speed data connection.  And Band 26 LTE will help fill in the gaps.

Robert

• Like 4

i get great cdma 800mhz signal but LTE 1900 i get 1 bar and there is a clearwire (now Sprint) Tower less than mile away from me it would be nice if Sprint installed all lte bands.

Note 3 

One note to add, if you're not aware, is that you will not be able to pick up these additional LTE bands on a current Sprint Galaxy Note 3.

I hope no one at Sprint gave you that impression.

• Like 4

No.  There are no plans to install anything but Band 41 LTE on Clearwire sites at this time.  They may eventually do full Network Vision upgrades and install CDMA and other LTE bands at Clearwire sites in the future.  Especially if additional CDMA capacity is needed.  But given that voice demands are going down, and Band 41 provides mondo capacity, I wouldn't hold your breath.

But if you get CDMA 800 and Band 41 near a Clearwire site, you don't really need anything else.  You have a voice and high speed data connection.  And Band 26 LTE will help fill in the gaps.

Robert

Which is really unfortunate for those of us in West Michigan. While I agree that Band 41 provides more than enough capacity for the medium to long term, in the short term we have limited deployment and a low penetration of Band 41 capable devices. If nothing else, Clearwire to full 800/1900/2500 NV conversions would help some of the cell edge and in-building woes we suffer around here.
  • Like 2

Which is really unfortunate for those of us in West Michigan. While I agree that Band 41 provides more than enough capacity for the medium to long term, in the short term we have limited deployment and a low penetration of Band 41 capable devices. If nothing else, Clearwire to full 800/1900/2500 NV conversions would help some of the cell edge and in-building woes we suffer around here.

I agree there are places it makes sense.  Grand Rapids Metro is one of the best examples too.  But there are currently no plans that I am aware of.

Robert

• Like 1

Which is really unfortunate for those of us in West Michigan. While I agree that Band 41 provides more than enough capacity for the medium to long term, in the short term we have limited deployment and a low penetration of Band 41 capable devices. If nothing else, Clearwire to ful. 800/1900/2500 NV conversions would help some of the cell edge and in-building woes we suffer around here.

I absolutely HATED Sprint's in-building CDMA performance the last time I spent a few days in GR. Even when I had good signal, it dropped calls badly and didn't take more than a move of a few feet to turn 3 bars into 1 or none. Totally awful. It seemed to have improved last time I was out there, which was about a year and a half ago, bUt I wasn't in as many places or there as long as about 4 or 5 years ago.