Road Bike Mounts and APPS gn2?

bosox801

Getting a road bike in a few weeks and would like any suggestions on mounts/holders for a gn2. Also do you suggest a computer or just using an android app, or both? 

I don't have any suggestions on bike mounts, but I will say you want a bike computer for sure.

I have a road bike, and use MapMyRide every time, but there's times where having the bike computer is just more accurate, for measuring speed and even distances if something keeps the GPS from getting an accurate measurement. 

• Like 1

Getting a road bike in a few weeks and would like any suggestions on mounts/holders for a gn2. Also do you suggest a computer or just using an android app, or both? 

I use a separate bike computer and an app on my GS3 called RunKeeper.  The combination of the computer and the phone work well for me, but everyone's tastes are different.  I mount the GS3 in an oversized case (designed for a Galaxy Note), because I keep the phone attached to an external battery while riding. I got the mount and the semi-waterproof case on Amazon from a UK company called Ultimate Addons, and I am extremely happy with it.  The mount/case is well made, stable, and has a retention strap for those times when I idiotically don't snap it into the mount tightly enough. (I previously had a mount/case from another company for my old Evo, and it was a cheap piece of crap and broke before the end of its 1st season, and didn't have a strap.)  I particularly like having the phone because I ride on a bike trail that goes right next to a Sprint tower, and I can give people LTE-envy by getting 37+ Mbps on speed tests. ;)

And in agreement with fast-typing David, I find the computer to be more accurate than the app.  It also doesn't stop working when I forget to un-pause it.

• Like 2

I prefer to use a dedicated bike computer/GPS on my bikes. On my road bike I have a Garmin Edge 705, and on my triathlon bike I have a Bontrager computer as a display and record my ride data on my Garmin 910xt. My phone either goes in the saddle bag or one of my jersey pockets.

I upload (after the ride) my data to Garmin Connect and Training Peaks.

Yeah like most here I like my gadgets but the bike and basics will be the budget. So the gamin isn't an option this year. I'd rather spend that extra on the bike and basics for a good setup this year. If I like it and do it a lot then for sure I'll be looking at those gamins

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Yeah like most here I like my gadgets but the bike and basics will be the budget. So the gamin isn't an option this year. I'd rather spend that extra on the bike and basics for a good setup this year. If I like it and do it a lot then for sure I'll be looking at those gaminsSent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

What's a gamin?

:-P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol its a mysterious device only auto correct knows.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Haha. As far as mounts go, you might look at Seidio, they have one I was looking at for my dad and his GS3. I didn't look at the note hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk