LG G Flex Users Thread

bmoses

I can't wait to get this phone. I hope you guys all enjoy yours

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Eh.... Maybe hold out for LG G3. Clear winner :)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
see I might want to get this phone quicker than I thought than to wait.for G3

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

did you root your phone before kitkat? and if so did root still work after? i wouldn't mind taking the update but i don't think i can lose the ability to do airplane mode from signalcheck pro :D

thanks, did some quick looking at XDA and it looks like the update is new enough that there isn't enough data to know for sure what will happen with root. since there are no ROMs or recoveries for the sprint version i don't have any of them on my phone, just root. i did check for update and its not ready for my phone yet so hopefully it gets figured out before the update pops up for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

finally got the update prompt this morning! except i haven't applied it yet because it sounds like root may be broke on sprint and t-mobile version after you update. not sure if i can do without my airplane mode from signal check yet!

so i decided to be daring and went ahead and tried to install the update. the update installed without issue, of course after i no longer had root. downloaded IORoot25 and now have root again :)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Did it require root access?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

i am rooted, however reading the guide didn't say anything about requiring root, so i don't think its needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Had anyone been successful in using WiFi calling since the update? My WiFi calling always says authentication error turn off and try again.

I do get the HD voice icon when on a call with my wife though [emoji4]

Had anyone been successful in using WiFi calling since the update? My WiFi calling always says authentication error turn off and try again.

I do get the HD voice icon when on a call with my wife though [emoji4]

A couple users in the G3 thread had to have their account or device reauthorized to get it working on their device. Maybe get on chat with a CSR on Sprint.com and see if they know what to do.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

just *just* got prompted for this update this morning. i haven't tried wifi calling yet as i installed it after i got to work (no wifi here)

as to root, it did install fine but did break root again. downloaded the latest ioroot and am back to rooted again :)

• Like 1

tested out wifi calling last night while at home. while it did work and i was able to make a couple of calls and send a text it wasn't 100%. when i left to go to a movie all the sudden i got several texts as soon as i disconnected from my wifi. i also wasn't able to send a MMS while wifi calling was on and connected.

i was surprised to see that with wifi calling turned on it completely disconnects you from the sprint network. signal check showed no connections to anything except wifi while wifi calling was on.

I noticed that too. I guess when they activate it, to make sure you don't receive calls over both methods they disable the voice radio. This does save power though as I was able to get about ten percent better battery life at work since my Sprint signal is only a bar or two at best.

• 4 months later...

just a heads up to the few users out there on this phone ;) got prompted for the ZV9 update this morning. went ahead and applied it and as expected, lost root. however this time none of the current root methods are working. so if you want to keep root don't update to ZV9 yet!