LG G Flex Users Thread

bmoses

I still haven't been able to get to the band priorities screen. When I ever the dialer code, the hidden menu shows up, but there are only a small selection of menus to choose from...

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

the hidden menu isn't where you set band priorities. you type in ##DATA# (##3282#) and then select LTE and EDIT. You will need your MSL number though to be able to get into the EDIT menu. You can get your MSL through sprint chat, sometimes it takes a couple of reps to give it to you.

the hidden menu, that doesn't work for the Flex but did for the G2, is where you set the phone to LTE only mode to connect to LTE on a tower that doesn't have eCSFB enabled yet.

• Like 1

So after adjusting my band priorities to 26-1, 41-2 and 25-3, I was in a know band 25 area, and it wouldn't pick up LTE for nothing in the world. As soon as I adjusted the priorities back to stock, I could pick up LTE easily.

• Like 1

So after adjusting my band priorities to 26-1, 41-2 and 25-3, I was in a know band 25 area, and it wouldn't pick up LTE for nothing in the world. As soon as I adjusted the priorities back to stock, I could pick up LTE easily.

did you do anything with disabling any of the bands? if you disable the one that would be for B25 it will turn off LTE completely. i have all bands enabled on mine, and my priorities are set the same as you listed and i had no problems getting LTE from B25. when i was messing around with things i did try and disable B25 and it turned off LTE completely instead of just B25.

• Like 1

just passing along some battery info from this weekend on my flex. was sitting around playing on my phone most of the day yesterday. i'm not sure how this compares to something like a G2, but coming from my EVO this is much improved.

screens are in order, first couple are from the battery stats screen and then a few more from the top usage apps. also display was set to "Auto" brightness.

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-29-38.png

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-29-51.png

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-29-58.png

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-30-05.png

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-30-14.png

Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-30-21.png

• Like 2

The battery this phone has is a beast i also love the idle time on this even with sync, all gestures and other features and things all on the battery on idle is a beast compare to my old phones which would be draining if i had all the same features on.

So I finally saw this phone out in the wild. It's huge, and the bend is a little strange? Watching videos on it was horrible (probably due to the ridiculous amount of lights in BB) because the glare was the worst I've ever seen. Also the colors on this phone aren't the greatest, the whites tend to go a little gray(?) But other than that, I think, for me personally, I would have gotten this device had it been 4.7-5 inches, and the screen color reproduction was on par with other phones. Definitely a niche phone.

-Luis

So I've been poking around and can't seem to find a DLNA app on the Flex. I used this app extensively on the Optimus G to get music and video from my desktop.

Am I simply missing something or do I have to try and find a third party alternative?

has anyone had voicemails show up in the voicemail app? its installed on the phone by default, but i had some VM get left for me recently and they did not show up in the app, i just got texts that i had VM and had to dial into VM to listen to them.

yes, the visual voice mail app is what i'm referring too. i have used it on my past phones and never had to do anything to set it up, VM would just show up in it automatically. but so far on this phone none of my VM show up in it. the app opens and everything looks OK, just isn't working.

ok, so i've narrowed it down to why its not working, just need to figure out how to get it working. i'm using hangouts for SMS and when using that its not allowing the texts to get routed to the VM app so they show up there. anyone have any ideas on how to use the VM app and hangouts for SMS?

ok, so i've narrowed it down to why its not working, just need to figure out how to get it working. i'm using hangouts for SMS and when using that its not allowing the texts to get routed to the VM app so they show up there. anyone have any ideas on how to use the VM app and hangouts for SMS?

If it works like the Nexus (Maybe) you have to go to the dialer and head into settings there. It should give you an option of which voicemail service to use... If not then maybe heading into the VVM settings?

If it works like the Nexus (Maybe) you have to go to the dialer and head into settings there. It should give you an option of which voicemail service to use... If not then maybe heading into the VVM settings?

thanks for the suggestion! i checked out the settings in the dialer and could not find anything relating to voice mails. also checked the VVM app settings and nothing in there either :(

I knew someone that had that issue of the voicemails not going to the VVM app and instead would go as sms.

He went to settings, application manager, vvm app, and cleared data. That wil reset the VVM app to factory settings and it worked for him again.

That is a device/Google Hangouts issue actually. It was like that on the G2 until this last update they pushed out. Have to use Google Voice for VM or just use the regular messaging app until the fix it. We also had issues with MMS in addition to the VVM not working when using Hangouts as SMS/MMS handler.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is a device/Google Hangouts issue actually. It was like that on the G2 until this last update they pushed out. Have to use Google Voice for VM or just use the regular messaging app until the fix it. We also had issues with MMS in addition to the VVM not working when using Hangouts as SMS/MMS handler.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

thanks for the input! i would much rather use the VVM app but with as few VM as i get i will just stick with hangouts for now :)

• Like 1

Important FYI for Users of Gmails 2-step authentication

If you have 2-step authentication enabled in gmail you will probably lose your mind trying to add your account.  Apparently LG's software in the G FLex is having some compatibility issues with this feature, but there is a workaround until this is fixed in a future update.  

If you absolutely must have your 2 step authentication (like me) then go into the 2 step authentication settings and create an app specific password and use that as your password to setup your accounts.

Also, this phone does not seem to be impacted as badly (or at all) in areas with eCSFB issues.  

My N5 will crap out and need an airplane mode toggle to reconnect to LTE whereas the G Flex will not.    It appears that when N5 users (like my other other self?) get the Spark update, then you won't be left out in the cold when it comes to having a reliable signal (in affected markets)

I have been fairly satisfied with the Flex. I just wish I could find a holster smaller than this Otter Box defender.

Wi-Fi pickup is excellent, and LTE is pretty good too, but I haven't gotten any 800Mhz reception mainly due to my area being okay on band 25.

• 1 month later...