FACTUAL coverage comparison (Verizon's LTE comparison but using sensorly data)

SWMich4G

Is it possible to generate a theoretical coverage map with 800 MHz fully deployed? It'd be really cool to see how much sprint is going to cover thanks to 800. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I saw something like this toward the very beginning of the NV 1.0 rollout.  That is to say I'm about positive I saw a map showing the hypothetical 800mhz (presumably voice) coverage post rollout.  Does anyone have a link to this map?  AJ, Robert..anyone?  Or am I just imagining things?  

• Like 1

I thought I saw something like this toward the very beginning of the NV 1.0 rollout.  That is to say I'm about positive I saw a map showing the hypothetical 800mhz (presumably voice) coverage post rollout.  Does anyone have a link to this map?  AJ, Robert..anyone?  Or am I just imagining things?  

1OQudk7.png

njrDdGb.jpg

• Like 3

Bottom line, Verizon's commercial can't keep up with Sprint's 1900 LTE nationwide deployment.  A rough average of 30 Sprint sites have been lit up with LTE everyday for the last two years *4G only, 3G/4G, and 3G/800/4G,* so a week of airing this useless commercial Sprint turned on 210 LTE sites, this just shows how rapid Sprint is in deploying their LTE coverage.  I've seen this commercial many times, if you read the fine print it shows nationwide providers LTE coverage based from January - June, 2013 and clearly Verizon is using a map for Sprint from Jan. 2013.  Verizon, you should use a Sprint LTE coverage map from January 2014, it would paint a much different jaw dropping picture.   :hee:

• Like 4

sprint native coverage will not look like it does on the yellow map....not for a long time anyways....

What is that yellow map based on?  Are they incorporating roaming into the mix for that map?  There are states that have no native sprint service or very little sprint service and now they are yellow or mostly yellow in that map.  That would go beyond just the normal upgrades and would require significant build out or is that a part of NV I am nto familiar with?

What is that yellow map based on?  Are they incorporating roaming into the mix for that map?  There are states that have no native sprint service or very little sprint service and now they are yellow or mostly yellow in that map.  That would go beyond just the normal upgrades and would require significant build out or is that a part of NV I am nto familiar with?

The yellow map looks to be their coverage with VZ roaming included.

The yellow map looks to be their coverage with VZ roaming included.

The first green map looks like pre-NV coverage and the one underneath it (blue) looks like it could be the NV completed coverage with 800 turned on doesnt it? At least i dont think that is voice / data broken out separately.

I dont understand why they would show native coverage in the first two examples with no roaming included but then include it in the finished product.

The first green map looks like pre-NV coverage and the one underneath it (blue) looks like it could be the NV completed coverage with 800 turned on doesnt it? At least i dont think that is voice / data broken out separately.

I dont understand why they would show native coverage in the first two examples with no roaming included but then include it in the finished product.

The blue map is Nextel Direct Connect.

• Like 1

The blue map is Nextel Direct Connect.

Oh cool thanks.

The question still remains then why they included Verizon roaming in the finished piece and didnt in the first.  No way to easily tell the gains in coverage pre- and post-NV, at least from that presentation.  The thread goes to show that all carriers use funny maps to get their points across.

Posted Image

If memory serves, this is just the voice map. The ones on the left are Sprint's CDMA and iDEN network prior to NV. The one on the right is everywhere a Sprint postpaid subscriber can use voice. Since you get full voice capability while roaming, that is shown in that image too.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

get on that Donate button! http://s4gru.forumflash.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.png

haha but ya.. just wanted to get you guys up to speed without having to sift thru the xda/rootzwiki forum drama and BS out there. im not a dev.. but i'm right there on the front line.. so i see whats really going on. and my time frame for release is only a personal guess based on the rate of progress I've seen along the way. We could see an ICS leak tomorrow and find a quick fix for some of the major problems... and see a daily driver build by the end of this month.

The purpose of the graphic was not to show post NV Sprint native network coverage. You are looking for more than what that image represented.

Oh cool thanks.

The question still remains then why they included Verizon roaming in the finished piece and didnt in the first.  No way to easily tell the gains in coverage pre- and post-NV, at least from that presentation.  The thread goes to show that all carriers use funny maps to get their points across.

Remember that a lot of things have changed since that map was created. Sprint was counting on the following things to happen:

1. Acquiring the PCS H block
  2. Hosting LightSquared 1600 MHz spectrum
  3. Maintaining a WiMAX network as they didn't yet own Clearwire.

It's entirely possible that they were anticipating an increase in their network footprint based on buildout requirements by either the PCS H block or the LightSquared spectrum.

• Like 1

It's entirely possible that they were anticipating an increase in their network footprint based on buildout requirements by either the PCS H block or the LightSquared spectrum.

That sounds somewhat similar to a thread that I seem to recall AJ starting last year indicating that Sprint may be inclined to start offering service in a number of BEAs where it doesn't currently have native coverage. The purpose of this would be to satisfy substantial service requirements related to their PCS G block licenses. I believe that he mentioned the buildout deadline is sometime in 2016.

The purpose of the graphic was not to show post NV Sprint native network coverage. You are looking for more than what that image represented.

:goodpost:                                                                                                                                                                                        

That sounds somewhat similar to a thread that I seem to recall AJ starting last year indicating that Sprint may be inclined to start offering service in a number of BEAs where it doesn't currently have native coverage. The purpose of this would be to satisfy substantial service requirements related to their PCS G block licenses. I believe that he mentioned the buildout deadline is sometime in 2016.

:fingers:

• Like 3

I posted your coverage map on Google+. One of the comments that I received said, Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T have more coverage than that and Sprint has less coverage than that.

Goes to show how Sprint's reputation alone prevents people from seeing the progress they make. It's really weird.

Maybe they need to go the HTC route and become super transparent to gain back subscribers.

• Like 1

I posted your coverage map on Google+. One of the comments that I received said, Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T have more coverage than that and Sprint has less coverage than that.

Goes to show how Sprint's reputation alone prevents people from seeing the progress they make. It's really weird.

Maybe they need to go the HTC route and become super transparent to gain back subscribers.

haters_fb62b5_2448292.gif

• Like 7

Yea did the same, posted the maps in a mac rumors thread in the forum titles "sprint is pathetic " , and the response was.. Well the one that Verizon uses is actually more accurate.

Even when you present the facts on the issue, it's ignored or they know you are from S4GRU.com and criticize this website and it's users because the facts are presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea did the same, posted the maps in a mac rumors thread in the forum titles "sprint is pathetic " , and the response was.. Well the one that Verizon uses is actually more accurate.

Even when you present the facts on the issue, it's ignored or they know you are from S4GRU.com and criticize this website and it's users because the facts are presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can they deny that so many officially launched cities are missing from Verizon's map?

Robert

• Like 1

3032192.jpg

Edit: just wanted to chime in a little more. Lol my friends were sitting in my apartment last night which is now on the 1st floor and an absolute black hole for Sprint. Friend did a speed test on ATT and he was clocking 6 down. Let me tell you, 800 can't get here quick enough lol. However, sprint is sending me a free airave based on my 20 dropped calls in less than a day. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Perception is reality. Until Sprint has a demonstrably better network they will remain a distant third. Certainly that's the case in my area.

Well obviously. People aren't going to switch to an incomplete network unless LTE is in their area or the pricing is right for them. And Sprint will remain a distant third from ATT and Verizon for a while. Taking over those 2 isn't something that can be accomplished quickly. 

• Like 1

Well obviously. People aren't going to switch to an incomplete network unless LTE is in their area or the pricing is right for them. And Sprint will remain a distant third from ATT and Verizon for a while. Taking over those 2 isn't something that can be accomplished quickly. 

The existing network footprint should be pretty much fixed by the end of this year, but perception always lags reality.