Network Vision and Spark EARFCN logging thread

I've been looking for a repeater and some of the things I've read suggest that G-block is not covered by most of them, or worse, the filter rolls off right in the middle of G-block.

- Trip

Nice.

What is curious is that I'm now getting a consistent LTE signal now with this carrier throughout my entire building where before I would have to get close to a window to get a LTE signal.

We do have cellular repeaters throughout the building so maybe that has something to do with it.

Are the repeaters official Sprint ones or just off-the shelf ones? I would wager that they support A-F block out of the box.

Are the repeaters official Sprint ones or just off-the shelf ones? I would wager that they support A-F block out of the box.

They are not off the shelf but am not sure if they are Sprint only either.

The cones distributed in the ceilings looks like what is shone in this picture:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0358/5537/products/2014041414374150_f4c7d284-d74f-4398-b9c1-f87ab6e034fd_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1419883401

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are not off the shelf but am not sure if they are Sprint only either.

The cones distributed in the ceilings looks like what is shone in this picture:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0358/5537/products/2014041414374150_f4c7d284-d74f-4398-b9c1-f87ab6e034fd_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1419883401

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, I've seen something similar before.

I was going by the summary on the first page. It obviously needs to to be updated. I wasn't trying to step on your toes, sorry.

I was going by the summary on the first page. It obviously needs to to be updated. I wasn't trying to step on your toes, sorry.

The top post will be updated only periodically now.  Additional LTE carriers are no longer big news.

AJ

The top post will be updated only periodically now. Additional LTE carriers are no longer big news.

AJ

Additional LTE carriers are quite important to those who benefit and do encourage member participation. Point taken that they not as unique. However just the process of looking for them may result in finding items like 3x3 b26 LTE or 15x15 or 20x20 b25 LTE, or even third carrier b41 and beyond.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

However just the process if looking for them may result in finding items like 3x3 b26 LTE or 15x15 or 20x20 b25 LTE, or even third carrier b41 and beyond.

That is fine.  If the carrier is of unusual bandwidth, it is newsworthy.  We will sound the clarion call.  However, a 5 MHz FDD band 25 second carrier does not require a rapid thread update any longer.

AJ

Looks like I found a new one: 8071/26071. Site near my parents' place (outside Fredericksburg, TX). Which puts it as close to the bottom of PCS A as we've seen so far.

As I recall, the actual transmission path on 5x5 LTE is 4.5 MHz wide, so with a center frequency 3.1 MHz above the bottom of the band you end up with 0.85 MHz of guard band going on, or 0.6 MHz if you do your guard band based on a 5 MHz channel width. Conservative, maybe, but they've got 15x15 here to play with on a rural site so aggressive spacing doesn't really need to happen.

Service is plenty speedy, though it looks like that's partially because PCS-G takes priority when its signal is good...was hard for me to grab PCS-A outdoors as my phone would go to G or B41 (!!!). This is by all indications a 5x5 deployment.

Looks like I found a new one: 8071/26071. Site near my parents' place (outside Fredericksburg, TX). Which puts it as close to the bottom of PCS A as we've seen so far.

As I recall, the actual transmission path on 5x5 LTE is 4.5 MHz wide, so with a center frequency 3.1 MHz above the bottom of the band you end up with 0.85 MHz of guard band going on, or 0.6 MHz if you do your guard band based on a 5 MHz channel width. Conservative, maybe, but they've got 15x15 here to play with on a rural site so aggressive spacing doesn't really need to happen.

Service is plenty speedy, though it looks like that's partially because PCS-G takes priority when its signal is good...was hard for me to grab PCS-A outdoors as my phone would go to G or B41 (!!!). This is by all indications a 5x5 deployment.

Samsung phones and, iPhone will show Bandwidth. *#0011# on samsung and, fieldtest for phone. You can Google the code for that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Samsung phones and, iPhone will show Bandwidth. *#0011# on samsung and, fieldtest for phone. You can Google the code for that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My N5X won't show bandwidth though. Will see if the A9, M8, S III or Galaxy Victory phone(s) other family members have will...

Hmm, I would have thought Fredericksburg to be in the Austin BTA, hence the Dallas-Ft. Worth MTA.  But if this is PCS A block, then it is not Dallas-Ft. Worth MTA, as that is PCS B block for Sprint.  You could cross reference the county in the FCC ULS database, but it looks like Fredericksburg must be in the San Antonio MTA, which is PCS A block for Sprint.

AJ

• Like 2

Hmm, I would have thought Fredericksburg to be in the Austin BTA, hence the Dallas-Ft. Worth MTA.  But if this is PCS A block, then it is not Dallas-Ft. Worth MTA, as that is PCS B block for Sprint.  You could cross reference the county in the FCC ULS database, but it looks like Fredericksburg must be in the San Antonio MTA, which is PCS A block for Sprint.

AJ

Checked before posting, hence the 15x15 PCS A reference. That block is San Antonio MTA. SA is geographically closer, though for TV and network classifications it's a toss up between SAT and AUS.

In 5/10/15 MHz FDD spectrum block allocations, CDMA2000 long has used 0.625 MHz FDD guard bands at the top and bottom of each block.  CDMA2000 did not require 0.625 MHz FDD guard bands, but there was no way around them.  If you do the math in 5/10/15 MHz FDD spectrum blocks with 1.25 MHz FDD CDMA2000 carriers, guard bands must be 0.625 MHz FDD.  The only alternative is zero -- not feasible. 

So, that is what you are seeing with the 0.6 MHz FDD guard band at the bottom of the PCS A block.  That spectrum always has been reserved as a CDMA2000 guard band.  Now, keeping the same guard band, a 5 MHz FDD LTE carrier has replaced up to four 1.25 MHz FDD CDMA2000 carriers or filled fallow spectrum.

AJ

Checked before posting, hence the 15x15 PCS A reference. That block is San Antonio MTA. SA is geographically closer, though for TV and network classifications it's a toss up between SAT and AUS.

And, yikes, for band class 1 CDMA1X, that would mean a lot of inter license, inter frequency hard handoffs around Fredericksburg.  For that area, band class 10 CDMA1X should be a godsend, since it not only is low band but also uses the same SMR 476 carrier channel assignment across nearly all license boundaries.

AJ

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tucson's has no B26 or B41 active, so we finally got our first 10x10 B25 to atleast ease up some congestion finally!

I can't get the LTE Engineering page up on my N6P, if you know of a way, let me know!

Ninja Edit:

_id first_time first_time_offset last_time last_time_offset last_device_latitude last_device_longitude last_device_loc_accuracy user_note provider plmn gci pci tac dl_chan strongest_rsrp strongest_latitude strongest_longitude 1 2/9/16 10:03 -7 2/9/16 10:04 -7 32.287514 -110.960024 21.78   Sprint B25 310120 06E02B02 358 14082 0 -77 32.287514 -110.960024   2 2/9/16 10:04 -7 2/9/16 10:06 -7 32.287514 -110.960024 21.78   Sprint B25² 310120 06E02B0A 358 14082 0 -75 32.287514 -110.960024  

Screenshot_20160209-072159.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.19.22 AM.png

• Like 1

Tucson's has no B26 or B41 active, so we finally got our first 10x10 B25 to atleast ease up some congestion finally!

I can't get the LTE Engineering page up on my N6P, if you know of a way, let me know!

Ninja Edit:

The 6P technically has engineering screens.... They're just useless. They don't display anything other than the PLMN and Serving Cell, which for some reason is always 0. I have my fingers crossed it'll get fixed in the March or April update (the Nexus 6 got them in the mid-March update last year).

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

Ninja Edit:

It may just be a second 5x5 B25 carrier. Need more info to confirm. But good news all the same. Even a second 5x5 carrier will double capacity and speeds.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Ninja Edit:

Not 10x10.

That's the second 5 mhz b25 carrier on the PCS B block since sprint is licensed the entire 30 MHz portion there.

• Like 1