sprint direct connect

danlodish345

I use it with my son. I find it convenient when I just want to check up on him quickly. At 10/10ths it's not as good as iDEN, but that's hardly surprising. iDEN's main use was for PTT, interconnect was secondary. Anyway, as both of us are usually on LTE, it generally works very well. Set up time is slightly longer than iDEN, but volley times are pretty comparable. I haven't really used it on 3G so I can't really comment there. I imagine performance would suffer a little, probably even more so while roaming. It's included on our plan so since we have compatible handsets we might as well use it. If it weren't included I likely wouldn't pay the $5 for it since I don't have more contacts.

• Like 2

I use Sprint Direct Connect only to test and make sure it works on other customer phones. Nobody else I know has it, or is willing to get it, as it's only on a handful of high-end phones, and a handful of very-low-end phones.

I use Sprint Direct Connect only to test and make sure it works on other customer phones. Nobody else I know has it, or is willing to get it, as it's only on a handful of high-end phones, and a handful of very-low-end phones.

darn its sad sprints direct connect is awesome and i would like to use it to talk to someone

I installed it and was ready to test it with my wife until I found out that it costs $5 a month to add to the Everything 1500 plan. Maybe if I can find 4 people who want Sprint and I can switch to Framily I will see if it is free and worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Current compatibility list:

Compatible Phones & Software:
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 (SW: MK2 or NAE)
• Samsung Galaxy Note® 3 (SW: MJ4 or NAB)
• LG G2 (SW: ZV8 or ZVA)
• LG Optimus F3 (SW: ZV6)
• LG G Flex (SW: ZV3)
• Kyocera Hydro Edge (SW: 1.010SP)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 Mini (SW: NA7)
• Samsung Galaxy Mega (SW: NA7)
• Samsung Galaxy S® 4 with Sprint Spark (SW: NAF)

Coming Soon:
• HTC One Max

• 4 months later...

I really wish direct connect was a free add-on. Since it runs alongside Sprint's PCS network and not iDen, it doesn't really consume extra resources. I used to love DC back in the Nextel days. PTT apps are pretty popular these days, and Sprint could set itself apart by including that with their plans.

• Like 6

I really wish direct connect was a free add-on. Since it runs alongside Sprint's PCS network and not iDen, it doesn't really consume extra resources. I used to love DC back in the Nextel days. PTT apps are pretty popular these days, and Sprint could set itself apart by including that with their plans.

I agree...I loved the Direct Connect feature of the NEXTEL phones.

It was especially helpful when I worked at DOS.

• Like 1

I agree...I loved the Direct Connect feature of the NEXTEL phones.

Count me in on this.

And bring the "Where you at" ads back for Boost...

• Like 2

This is why I asked above. My girlfriend and a few friends all use the voice messaging in BBM constantly and I was wondering if there is any gain to using DC. I just don't see the point in paying $5 a month to get the same thing I get for free.

And bring the "Where you at" ads back for Boost...

Uh, no.  That "dawg" is nothing but low culture.

AJ