Hello! I'm new to Sprint and I'm having some issues with my LG G2. I was hoping someone could assist me with it.

1. My most urgent problem is the constant powercycling. If the screen is locked and I unlock it, oftentimes it powercycles once or twice before I can actually use the phone. It's not the issue with the proximity sensor being covered (that's totally separate). It's just when I Swype to unlock the phone.

2. I can't use the internet when I'm on the phone. I can't believe it and it's really disappointing that it's doing this.

3. My Swype doesn't automatically space between words when I'm on the internet. If I don't actually touch the space bar, then allmywritinglookslikethis. Mypreciousphonespacedbetweenwords. I'mnotsureifthisisasettingbutIneedhelpplease!

Sorry I don't see an edit button. The phone freezes when I swipe to unlock it.

I can't use data and internet at the same time. I read issues about the LG g2 having LTE issues but I'm not sure what that means.

My previous phone didn't have issues with Swype not spacing properly.

if you have insurance on your phone or esrp (equipement service & replacement program) , take it to sprint. First I would try a factory reset. If you still have those power issues, bring it to sprint and see if they can replace it for you. If your new enough (14 days), they should just swap it out real quick 

There is a 1 year warranty on some phones

I would also try a factory reset and if that fails to fix the problem then I would take it to a Sprint repair store as suggested. It sounds like a funky software issue.

The G2 is not designed to talk and use the Internet at the same time. The only way it will is if you are accessing the Internet via wifi.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

As far as Swype goes, there is a setting to enable auto space. It is located oddly enough in the Swype settings. uploadfromtaptalk1391000911639.jpg

• Like 1

hmmmm is that sarcasm? At any rate I already had the auto space feature selected....it works for text messages,it's only when I'm on webpages that it does this. Also I can't imagine a smartphone in 2014 that's DESIGNED not to allow you to use the internet while on the phone.

hmmmm is that sarcasm? At any rate I already had the auto space feature selected....it works for text messages,it's only when I'm on webpages that it does this. Also I can't imagine a smartphone in 2014 that's DESIGNED not to allow you to use the internet while on the phone.

Not sarcasm, it's a fact. No Sprint triband phones are SVLTE. Therefore no talk and data simultaneously. This will most likely continue into the foreseeable future.

Also I can't imagine a smartphone in 2014 that's DESIGNED not to allow you to use the internet while on the phone.

This is a bad assumption. There are not many devices anymore on the Sprint network that you can use simultaneous voice and data, except WiFi. To use simultaneous voice and LTE, you need a single band LTE device. To use simultaneous voice and 3G, you need one of the first generation Sprint LTE devices.

If you need simultaneous voice and data and one of these newest devices, you will need to go to another provider. Sprint is only producing Triband LTE devices, and they do not support simultaneous voice and data except on WiFi.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I am an Internet addict and even I haven't had a moment where I thought to myself that the lack of simultaneous voice and data was a major issue. You can always use wifi if it's a big deal and I'd that doesn't work for you, there are a variety of free hot spot plans that can provide enough data to browse and check email while you are on a call and the only thing you need to do is purchase a hot spot device.

Or, use a voip app like GrooveIP with a google voice account (or Tapatalk for iPhone users). It works wonderfully and will allow simultaneous voice and data (through VoIp), as long as your data speeds are high enough and you have a good enough signal.

i had the swype issue a few times on my HTC one on online forums.  I would make sure it is up to date, and if that is not the case you may want to go to swype's forum and look in there.  There should be a fix for this issue.