Had some weird error this morning on Sprint.

Ascertion

It was weird, I got up in the morning and a friend of mine called my house and asked if I had been getting their texts. Turns out none of them were coming in, I tried sending texts and they'd fail instantly. I tried calling a number and it'd say "account could not be validated. Error 16 switch 348." And then proceeded to transfer me to Sprint Support.

I got the issue resolved by Sprint "Refreshing my signal." But I've never had an issue like that. Maybe the guys were toying around with CDMA/LTE 800 at my local tower? :-P

Ah well, thought I'd post my experience. Wonder what the switch 348 meant.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's the error I usually see if, when trying to program and activate a device, something goes wrong. Similarly, if the esn\ptn\msid combo does not match.

A refresh is usually just a remote-initiated profile update. If it happens again, try that first.

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I've always wondered. ..what, exactly, IS a "profile update"?

That's the error I usually see if, when trying to program and activate a device, something goes wrong. Similarly, if the esn\ptn\msid combo does not match.A refresh is usually just a remote-initiated profile update. If it happens again, try that first.

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I've always wondered. ..what, exactly, IS a "profile update"?

As far as I understand it, a client-initiated request for a new copy of the CDMA programming information for the device, including PTN/MSID, and more specifically, the Data Profile, including username and password, which governs EV-DO data calls.

Any information beyond that will have to come from someone who more deeply understands how CDMA works.

*KSSHT* AJ to aisle 3, AJ to aisle 3... *KSSHT*

As far as I understand it, a client-initiated request for a new copy of the CDMA programming information for the device, including PTN/MSID, and more specifically, the Data Profile, including username and password, which governs EV-DO data calls.

Any information beyond that will have to come from someone who more deeply understands how CDMA works.

*KSSHT* AJ to aisle 3, AJ to aisle 3... *KSSHT*

Thank you for the response.