is it bad for your phone to have a signal in the -32dbm area?

Destroyallcubes

How bad is it for your phone to have signal strength of -32dbm on evdo?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyhkal6g3ux2n6y/Screenshot_2014-01-21-23-48-04.png

The strongest EVDO signal I have ever had was -30dBm RSSI.  And I was about 20' away from the panel.

Robert

I was a few blocks away from it. I briefly got it at -30 at the same location. I had LTE from this site in the low -40 range too.

• Like 1

probably bad for you since it looks like you are SITTING RIGHT ON THE TOWER.  It appears signal check doesnt want to play at those numbers either.

Haha yeah it is  only on top of a 10 or so story building. I always think signal check is cussing at the high signal haha

• Like 3

Oh and to add to it I believe this is from legacy equipment. They still have older panels up by the new ones that are LTE and 1x800. So I wonder what an extra 3% stronger signal could do :P

So the question is... Is it bad to turn green and smash things after being exposed to so much radiation? Do you value your hair? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? So many valuable life questions.

• Like 3

So the question is... Is it bad to turn green and smash things after being exposed to so much radiation? Do you value your hair? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? So many valuable life questions.

I believe the answer you're looking for is 42.

• Like 4

I used to be a white girl with flowing, golden locks....at least until they built this NV tower right next to my house. Now I look like this (see photo under screen name). Is there a customer support line for this sort of complaint (press 2 if you've suddenly become a 30 year old black man)? ; o )

• Like 10

I am curious how many know what power level -30 dBm actually is.  It is one thousandth of a milliwatt, thus one thousandth of one thousandth of a watt, simplified to one millionth of a watt.

AJ

• Like 2

That's why my hair is receding :/ ha

I am curious how many know what power level -30 dBm actually is.  It is one thousandth of a milliwatt, thus one thousandth of one thousandth of a watt, simplified to one millionth of a watt.

AJ

Wow.  No, I had no idea. 

I am curious how many know what power level -30 dBm actually is. It is one thousandth of a milliwatt, thus one thousandth of one thousandth of a watt, simplified to one millionth of a watt.

AJ

To answer your inquiry, three...three people knew that (including yourself).

• Like 2

AJ

I was clueless on it haha I am glad to know. Learning everyday here! 

To answer your inquiry, three...three people knew that (including yourself).

So, from me to three is a 4.8 dB increase.

AJ

hulk, smash.