Android Anti-Virus

centermedic

I only use the anti-theft features to track my phone in case I manage to leave it behind, and I just disable everything that isn't related to the anti-theft. I wish android device manager had more to offer, otherwise I'd just use that.

I only use the anti-theft features to track my phone in case I manage to leave it behind, and I just disable everything that isn't related to the anti-theft. I wish android device manager had more to offer, otherwise I'd just use that.

I'm pretty sure Android Device Manager allows you to Lock, Wipe, and Ring your phone in case you lost it.

Plus it's part of the OS and you don't need any extra apps for that.

-Luis

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Android Device Manager allows you to Lock, Wipe, and Ring your phone in case you lost it.

Plus it's part of the OS and you don't need any extra apps for that.

-Luis

It does, but I enjoy having my device's location mapped every 30 minutes.

i never knew android has this!!!!! It does let you wipe it and lock it.

Do people actually use Android anti-virus apps? The only time I've witnessed anything close to malicious was from pirated software...

Didn't google have to remove a couple apps a year or two ago for malicious code?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think Lookout is preinstalled on the G2 and cannot be deleted. Almost like it is its own virus..

Actually, I think quite a few of the "apps" on the G2 aren't really installed, it's more so of a shortcut to download them from the play store. As I remember clicking on a few things and it took me straight to the google play store to download it. So I removed some crap off the app menu once I discovered this, including lookout. However, some of the extra garbage is installed, and you can't remove it, like that stupid lumen toolbar. (I just decided to disable it, damn you LG!)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Good catch! I meant 115932/119932. Edited my original post I've noticed the same thing lately and have just assumed that they're skipping it now because they're finally able to deploy mmWave small cells.
    • At some point over the weekend, T-Mobile bumped the Omaha metro from 100+40 to 100+90 of n41! That's a pretty large increase from what we had just a few weeks ago when we were sitting at 80+40Mhz. Out of curiosity, tested a site on my way to work and pulled 1.4Gpbs. That's the fastest I've ever gotten on T-Mobile! For those that know Omaha, this was on Dodge street in Midtown so not exactly a quiet area!
    • Did you mean a different site? eNB ID 112039 has been around for years. Streetview even has it with C-band back in 2022 - https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7303042,-73.9610924,3a,24.1y,18.03h,109.66t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s2ossx06yU56AYOzREdcK-g!2e0!5s20220201T000000!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D2ossx06yU56AYOzREdcK-g%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.share%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26yaw%3D18.027734930682684%26pitch%3D-19.664180274382204%26thumbfov%3D90!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205410&entry=ttu Meanwhile, Verizon's eNB 84484 in Fort Greene has been updated to include C-band and CBRS, but not mmWave. I've seen this a few times now on updated Verizon sites where it's just the CBRS antenna on its own, not in a shroud and without mmWave. Odd.
    • Drove out into the country today.  Dish stuck to my phone like glue. At least -120 rsrp. Likely only good for phone calls (should have tested.) It then switched to T-Mobile. Getting back on Dish was another issue. I am used to dragging out coverage so I expected a few miles, but had to drive at least 10 miles towards a Dish site. Airplane mode, which worked for Sprint, did nothing. Rebooting did nothing. Finally got it to change over about 2 miles from the site by manually setting the carrier to Dish then it had great reception. Sprint used to have a 15 minute timeout but I did not have the patience today.  Previously I did a speed test on Dish out in the country at the edge of Dish coverage. My speeds were 2g variety. Dish has really overclocked some of these sites. Seen rssp readings in the 50s. Would have called them boomer sites with Sprint but much  more common with Dish.