Analysts: Sprint to lose 150K subs in Q4

IamMrFamous07

Sprint needs to kick Ericsson to the curb so quick. Especially with the new info I learned about them today.

I must've missed it at some point... What's good ole' Ericsson up to now?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So with the reports for T-Mobile and Verizon out both posting huge quarter 4 gains.... Just how bad are Sprint numbers going to really be... Those customers are coming from somewhere... But if this causes a shake up for the better so be it!

So with the reports for T-Mobile and Verizon out both posting huge quarter 4 gains.... Just how bad are Sprint numbers going to really be... Those customers are coming from somewhere... But if this causes a shake up for the better so be it!

Most likely horrid. But I've gone through some of Tmobile's community forums and their "happiness level" isn't as high as it should be. They just have something called take-action, which makes people feel like they've done something to improve the network.

Sprint will probably have bad numbers. And then Son will crack the whip and tighten the noose. 

So when will sprint add new customers? Is that the million dollar question?

Marketing, commercials, and the completion of network vision. Also, human-human interaction is often a HUGE influence on decision making. Hearing that Sprint's network has improved so much, and that LTE speeds are consistent, voice is so much more clear.....All of this in a real world situation from a friend or family member improves chances of you switching carriers. And with framily, it'll be easy for an entire family, and then some to switch. 

Once the churn slows down and people start seeing more results from Network Vision, increased coverage from 800, and for triband users blazing fast speeds in spark cities....It won't take much for people to switch. 2014 is the year for Sprint. It's either make it break it.

• Like 1

The better question is this:  why should you care?  

Do you think magenta subs care that "uncarrier" is a financially unsustainable ploy to sell off T-Mobile USA?  No, they just live in the now and enjoy their cut rate deals.

In the end, the more malcontents and data abusers who leave Sprint, the better the network gets because of less congestion.  So, unless Sprint quarterly losses make your e-penis smaller and smaller, do not worry about it.

AJ

• Like 10

I just got caught up on this thread and read Robert's excellent post from 1/17 about Sprint and NV.  I'd really like to see Sprint start micro-managing these vendors and regions better.  Each market needs an NV manager, then break the markets into cities or regions based on number of sites behind schedule.  Assign a manager to each of these regions.  These managers need to either light a fire under the contractor who is holding up the site or find a new one.  In West Michigan, we are lacking backhaul all over the place.  There are plenty of smaller ISPs, microwave vendors, AAVs that could have had a temporary backhaul solution in place months ago.  Then either allow the Macro/Corp vendor to get permanent backhaul in place or convert the temporary backhaul into a permanent solution.  These people and temporary solutions cost money, but it will also keep Sprint from loosing too many more customers.

Sprint needs to sell NV2.0 for LTE coverage (LTE800) and speed (LTE2500/2600), but don't forget to complete NV1.0 and get LTE on every legacy Sprint site, along with NV CDMA and CDMA800.

• Like 3

AJ, you deserve a break today.

I am not sure what the hell that is supposed to mean, but I probably do not care either.

AJ

The better question is this:  why should you care?  

Do you think magenta subs care that "uncarrier" is a financially unsustainable ploy to sell off T-Mobile USA?  No, they just live in the now and enjoy their cut rate deals.

In the end, the more malcontents and data abusers who leave Sprint, the better the network gets because of less congestion.  So, unless Sprint quarterly losses make your e-penis smaller and smaller, do not worry about it.

AJ

I have to agree. Like I said, my sister moved to T-Mobile to get her ETF paid for and get a new iphone. Does she give a rats ass about T-Mobile making money? Nope. She carrier jumps almost every contract and in this case not even through a whole contract period. I am not sure this will be sustainable for T-Mobile in the long run but in the short run it appears to be working for them. It is easy to get the people who already dislike their service but it is a whole different ballgame to lure subs who have been happy at other carriers. Hell, Verizon added like 1.7 million subs from doing nothing and giving only lipservice by offering terrible upgrade deals.

• Like 1

The better question is this: why should you care?

Do you think magenta subs care that "uncarrier" is a financially unsustainable ploy to sell off T-Mobile USA? No, they just live in the now and enjoy their cut rate deals.

In the end, the more malcontents and data abusers who leave Sprint, the better the network gets because of less congestion. So, unless Sprint quarterly losses make your e-penis smaller and smaller, do not worry about it.

AJ

Unless your an investor.

I know it has created a stir where in my area you would see zero Tmobile customers and never hear about it, now I have people asking about them left and right. I laugh and tell them to pull up their coverage map for this area as that shuts them down real quick. I have heard from other friends and family in other areas and a few of them have jumped on the bandwagon. Their marketing and plans are definitely causing people to jump. But will it last? Without some severe network rollouts(which they are capable of from my experience) this wave of new customers are going to be pissed on the first time they differ from their 9-5 daily commute.

I've already seen a few people who switched to T-Mobile complain about coverage. They would really be in a killer spot if they only had the coverage they needed.

• Like 1

I've already seen a few people who switched to T-Mobile complain about coverage. They would really be in a killer spot if they only had the coverage they needed.

Had a friend visit this weekend and she has tmobile. I said so what happens when you leave the city? She's like I have legit no service. Most times I can't even make a call. I'm like well it's pretty good in my house, she was getting about 2 down. I don't have LTE in my apartment completely yet, but when I do I know it'll be much stronger than hers was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think until Sprint steps it up in the LTE acceptance department in all markets.  LTE network coverage and slow data speeds are why people are leaving Sprint.  I don't hear people that live in the urban areas complaining about the lack of voice coverage but its all about data speeds. 

I just got caught up on this thread and read Robert's excellent post from 1/17 about Sprint and NV.  I'd really like to see Sprint start micro-managing these vendors and regions better.  Each market needs an NV manager, then break the markets into cities or regions based on number of sites behind schedule.  Assign a manager to each of these regions.  These managers need to either light a fire under the contractor who is holding up the site or find a new one.  In West Michigan, we are lacking backhaul all over the place.  There are plenty of smaller ISPs, microwave vendors, AAVs that could have had a temporary backhaul solution in place months ago.  Then either allow the Macro/Corp vendor to get permanent backhaul in place or convert the temporary backhaul into a permanent solution.  These people and temporary solutions cost money, but it will also keep Sprint from loosing too many more customers.

Sprint needs to sell NV2.0 for LTE coverage (LTE800) and speed (LTE2500/2600), but don't forget to complete NV1.0 and get LTE on every legacy Sprint site, along with NV CDMA and CDMA800.

Completely agree with all your points.  Don't know how proactive Sprint is thus far but it sure is lacking in several key markets and they need to step it up to prevent this bleeding before it becomes a hemorrhage.

That's what I love so much. The people that argue in favor of T-Mobile say, "It works when I'm at home and when I am at work." They never mention anything between that. And they show their speed tests to impress everyone. Yet they ignore the fact that 9 times out of 10 they are on EDGE and simply put up with T-Mobile's BS.

Or if they don't have signal at home, they use WiFi calling. But then when Sprint said they are doing WiFi calling, everyone called it desperate.

Double standards are annoying.  :td:

• Like 6

Coverage outside of urban metro areas is most definitely the remaining pain point for T-Mobile. They need to figure that one out fast.

That said, for millions of urban dwellers that live and work in urban environment, and fly to other urban areas or internationally, T-Mobile is an excellent choice as T-Mobile's LTE/HSPA+ network performance is really, really good. A large number of urban subs just don't drive outside of metro areas that often, or do so a few times a year. And then there is that very aggressive T-Mobile pricing. 

• Like 1

Unless your an investor.

Quarterly subscriber losses do not necessarily worry investors if, for example, ARPU is rising and/or costs are falling faster than subs are churning.

AJ

• Like 1

Quarterly subscriber losses do not necessarily worry investors if, for example, ARPU is rising and/or costs are falling faster than subs are churning.

AJ

I want really bad news so that I can buy the stock at a cheaper price.

Sprint told retail employees today that there would be some changes coming mostly in the retail and customer care channels. 500-1000 people will be laid off and 50 slower under performing stores will close.

Sent from tapatalk

While that is true now that SoftBank is the owner. Have them Lose 1 million + subs this quarter. I bet that stock will tank along with the optimism  of having SoftBank in their corner. 

AJ

I switched, and yes, I would be one who says it works where I live and work (Where I spend 99 percent of my time).

. . .

I wasn't even going to post in here until I saw folks ripping on people who switch from Sprint, like they insulted your grandmother.

I would like to see several actual examples of members "ripping on people who switch from Sprint."  If anything, we encourage unhappy Sprint subs to go try other pastures and see if they truly are greener -- because, quite frankly, their complaints here are unproductive and annoying.  Now, we would love to have them stick around S4GRU if they actually care about the technology and progress of Network Vision.  But at the core, most of them just care about results.  And they cannot stay if they are going to post about how awful Sprint is and how great T-Mobile is by comparison.  That is just spreading magenta propaganda on a Sprint focused site.  S4GRU is not going to allow that and ruin itself like SprintUsers has done.

AJ

• Like 10