Sprint Wifi Calling.....

runagun

Did you always get the "this device is unlocked already" and then you tested with T-Mo or something and it said it was locked? I've called 5 times already.

They never told me that it was unlocked already, but they did tell me that the previous attempts had failed. I had made at least 10 calls to them before it was successful. It is still relatively new, and not all reps know how to do it. Just gotta keep trying till you find one.

-Anthony

Has anyone done a Wifi call to Wifi call yet? Is the quality any better than HD Voice? (Couldn't be much, HD Voice is already great)

Nope, the quality is "ok", but I do miss my HD voice

Hey guys I have a Sprint iPhone 5 and Sprint says they have unlocked it. If I place a T-Mo or AT&T sim in it, it still tells me it is locked. Any ideas?

Any ideas?  Yeah, call a locksmith.

Or, better yet, stick to the ample device unlocking discussion already in The Forums.

This thread soon will be locked -- no pun intended.

AJ

• Like 2

Has anyone done a Wifi call to Wifi call yet? Is the quality any better than HD Voice? (Couldn't be much, HD Voice is already great)

The call connection is pretty much instant. Voice quality is pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The announcement mentioned no sms or mms, has anyone tried that yet? I can send sms on my s5 while on WiFi calling. I wonder why ios wouldn't be provisioned for texting

The announcement mentioned no sms or mms, has anyone tried that yet? I can send sms on my s5 while on WiFi calling. I wonder why ios wouldn't be provisioned for texting

SMS will go through but it goes through the macro network just like the S5 per the Sprint FAQ.  If there is no signal from the macro network, there will be no SMS sent through the wifi.

• Like 2

SMS will go through but it goes through the macro network just like the S5 per the Sprint FAQ.  If there is no signal from the macro network, there will be no SMS sent through the wifi.

I didn't know SMS still went thru the macro network.  Interesting.

This FAQ actually says the SMS does NOT go through the macro network for Android phones (it goes through wifi).

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_WiFi_calling/173e331f-8423-453e-93cb-4688f6a91f67?question_box=wifi%20calling&id16=wifi%20calling#faq17

Yeah, when I had a GS5, if you did wifi calling, it would completely drop the Sprint signal and SMS would send over wifi just fine.

Does Wi-Fi Calling Support Messaging (SMS & MMS)?

For Android devices, messaging is supported in Wi-Fi Calling mode even if there is not any coverage from the Nationwide Sprint Network.

For iOS devices, messaging is still handled by the Nationwide Sprint Network. If you do not have coverage then messaging services are not supported. This functionality is expected to be supported over Wi-Fi in the future. iMessage on iOS is supported over Wi-Fi.  

At least they said it would be supported in the future.  IT is a start.

Switched to the note4 recently and now incoming calls ring once then get a fast busy. Worked fine when i had the s5

EDIT:

turns out the first time i called sprint they never removed then readd the feature. The second call in was done correctly and seems to work now.

My iPhone 6 wifi calling hasn't been so great today. There's been choppy voice on and off, some incoming test calls from a landline to myself failed, and the last call I made to a T-Mo customer (who is also on wifi calling) ended up with one way audio after awhile. (Never had a single problem with them from cellular or landline)

Keep in mind that wifi calling will be dependent on how much available bandwidth you have over your wifi/internet connection.  If you are using your internet connection heavily or lack much bandwidth it will degrade wifi calling a lot.

• Like 2

I had the same issues yesterday. I thought it was the other person having problems but it was the iPhone using wi-fi calling.

People complained about a fast busy tone when they tried to call me as well.

I had a few fast busies while test calling myself, then later on I was getting fast busy trying to call any number on both wifi and cellular.

Haven't had any problem today so far. Guessing maybe yesterday there was a mass influx of new wifi calling users on sprint and that threw their system off kilter. (Though the cynical side of me says otherwise...)

Keep in mind that wifi calling will be dependent on how much available bandwidth you have over your wifi/internet connection. If you are using your internet connection heavily or lack much bandwidth it will degrade wifi calling a lot.

One would think that but I've experienced choppy audio and I have 60 mbps download speeds and never experienced choppy audio with my Airave on the same ISP. I think they are still working the bugs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a pretty serious issue today and my troubleshooting seems to point to WiFi calling on iPhone.  Today trying to call my Wife who also has an iPhone 6 I kept getting a fast busy signal or going straight to voicemail.  Calling other numbers was generally successful but would sometimes get a fast busy also.  Folks calling me would sometimes get a busy signal or go to voicemail.  Other services such as texts and internet seemed to work fine.  These issues were happening all over town and not just on wifi. I turned the WiFi toggle off and still had issues.  Finally logged onto my acct and removed the WiFi calling provision from both of our lines.  No issues since.  So if anybody with an iPhone is experiencing call issues you might want to try this before taking more drastic measures.   

My wife and I have been having intermittent calls going straight to voicemail since turning on wifi calling on iPhone 6s. I figure they have some bugs to work out. Otherwise it has been great to have.

My wife and I have been having intermittent calls going straight to voicemail since turning on wifi calling on iPhone 6s. I figure they have some bugs to work out. Otherwise it has been great to have.

I agree it is a great feature when working.  It does seem like there are some bugs right now.  Rate of failed calls today even when not on WiFi was way to high.  I will try it again after they work the kinks out. 

There seems to be so many wifi calling threads I can't keep track of them all, I posted about this in another one but I'll say it here too.

All afternoon I was more frequently then not getting the fast busy reorder tone as well, while on wifi calling and cellular, incoming and outgoing. Actually disabling the feature corrected it. Spoke with support whom kept trying to make excuses and then finally put a ticket in for it.

the problem seems to subside at night, which makes me think it's some kind of capacity issue in the backend or something.

Figures this would get off to a rocky start, as everything new at Sprint does.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is ever since activating the wifi calling my call logs on the sprint site are showing calls to random 504-406-xxxx numbers which is New Orleans.