Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  I'm on a plan with my brother-in-law now, 5 lines, been on it for a year.  If we add the sister-in-law and her 3 lines, I'm guessing the sis and I will save cash.  However because the bro and I split the base plan and his mom's line, but I pay my 2 line charges it doesn't split evenly.  Long story short he won't save anything, I will, but he won't.  So I can't see him wanting to do it.

I thought about breaking out into my own plan basically forcing him to but for $30 a month its probably not good for family relations lol.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  I'm on a plan with my brother-in-law now, 5 lines, been on it for a year.  If we add the sister-in-law and her 3 lines, I'm guessing the sis and I will save cash.  However because the bro and I split the base plan and his mom's line, but I pay my 2 line charges it doesn't split evenly.  Long story short he won't save anything, I will, but he won't.  So I can't see him wanting to do it.

I thought about breaking out into my own plan basically forcing him to but for $30 a month its probably not good for family relations lol.

So share some of your savings with him....

I find that because I only have one line it's not really compelling to join with me. People pass me up to get a better discount with someone like you will a few lines already.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Then you should wait to find a code with lots of people on it already. Hopefully, Sprint will let you join a code after creating a code. My brother was a new customer, sprint gave him his own code only to realize he needed to be on my code (I'm the existing customer). It took several phone calls, supervisors, and store visits to drop his code and join mine. Believe it or not, check eBay. Search "framily." People are posting codes there as free advertisement in "no purchase necessary" auctions.

Go hang out inside a Sprint store, look for a family that is bringing a few lines...

See if you can find this dopey looking Walmart Family Mobile (i.e. magenta) family -- that is if you would actually want them in your Framily.

AJ

Then you should wait to find a code with lots of people on it already. Hopefully, Sprint will let you join a code after creating a code. My brother was a new customer, sprint gave him his own code only to realize he needed to be on my code (I'm the existing customer). It took several phone calls, supervisors, and store visits to drop his code and join mine. Believe it or not, check eBay. Search "framily." People are posting codes there as free advertisement in "no purchase necessary" auctions.

Wouldn't help existing customers can't joint another customers Framily. I have to get people moving a line to Sprint.  I think they can move to a existing plan for something like 14 days.

My girlfriend has a 6 line family plan and see wanna move to the framily plan to save money.. i also have a line with sprint but since i am already an existing customer i cant move over to her framily plan so she can get the maximum saving with 7 lines.. my question is can i cancel my line and pay the ETF.. then get a new line and go on her framily plan the same day?

My girlfriend has a 6 line family plan and see wanna move to the framily plan to save money.. i also have a line with sprint but since i am already an existing customer i cant move over to her framily plan so she can get the maximum saving with 7 lines.. my question is can i cancel my line and pay the ETF.. then get a new line and go on her framily plan the same day?

you don't have to cancel your line you can her transfer liability of your account into the account holders name. that way that would be the 7 without you having to cancel your line.

So with that text that went out about the network upgrade being complete in your area within a month there was a link I didnt pay attention to until one of my family members asked me about it. The link was sprint.us/upgrade1 if you click on it it takes you to a page that mentions being able to get a new phone with easy pay but it says its valid through 2\28. Is it safe to assume this is the end date for the deal that was posted about in this thread about being 6+ months from your last upgrade and being able to get a new phone through easy pay and not having to turn in your old phone?

Has anyone seen the new Frankly commercial on TV.

Frankly, no.

AJ

• Like 1

I like the new commercials, really hits the main points in a 30 second window. 

Separate billing - Check

Bring anyone on for a larger discount - Check

Bring eldest daughter's boyfriend - Check (locked and loaded)  :lol:

• Like 4

I like the new commercials, really hits the main points in a 30 second window. 

Separate billing - Check

Bring anyone on for a larger discount - Check

Bring eldest daughter's boyfriend - Check (locked and loaded)  :lol:

I need to watch TV again...

What is really annoying is that it is in no way clear that once you create a Framily, you can only add new Sprint customers, not current ones.

I know they want to build up their subscribers but they need to be alot more clear on the ins and outs of the program.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

• Like 2

What is really annoying is that it is in no way clear that once you create a Framily, you can only add new Sprint customers, not current ones.

I know they want to build up their subscribers but they need to be alot more clear on the ins and outs of the program.

You can't advertise that in a 30 second window. 

I think eventually things will be modified to allow for that, but the buzz has to, and has been created in the market place.

And the closing is the best:

As low as $25 per month, per line

New Plan

New Network

Sprint

• Like 1

I've posted my number to a few social media places and Craig's List and so far the only response is a guy sent me a picture of a hand flipping me the bird

• Like 4

You can't advertise that in a 30 second window.

I was not referring to the commercials.

It is not clear in anything that I read that you can only add new customers to your Framily.

I do hope it does change. I was having a hard enough time finding current Sprinters. How hard will it be to get people to join Sprint...

I've posted my number to a few social media places and Craig's List and so far the only response is a guy sent me a picture of a hand flipping me the bird

Lmao! :lol:

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I was not referring to the commercials.

It is not clear in anything that I read that you can only add new customers to your Framily.

I do hope it does change. I was having a hard enough time finding current Sprinters. How hard will it be to get people to join Sprint...

I think it just has to be positioned correctly.

For example, I'm an existing Sprint customer, and frequently ride the same bus to work. Now eventually I start chatting up the people around me, and you have a commuter buddy group. (true story, I ride the bus with the same 8 people daily) Now think about introducing them to Framily, and inquiring as to where they are in their existing cell phone contracts.

The problem is that most people either have a contract that they are in the middle of, already have Sprint or don't want to join Sprint because of various reasons (work plan, family with another carrier, past issues etc). The easiest way to build a group is to start with current Sprint customers who can just migrate over without ETFs. Until Sprint starts swallowing ETFs like TMobile is now doing, it is going to be difficult for people to move over to a Framily group.

• Like 2

If you want people then post it in this thread your ID or whatever. http://slickdeals.net/f/6614004-sprint-framily-plan-25-for-unlimited-minutes-text-and-1gb-data-for-more-than-7-lines?page=50

They also have posted a few ways they have got a line added that was already a sprint customer. I have nothing to do with that thread but this site and even this thread has helped me out a lot at times. Good reading on ways to get things done.

I'm a quite guy, kind of a loner, like you hear about on the later news. I don't get to chat up many people.

It's good to be a quite guy. makes you quite a guy. Quiet guys are the scary ones. Shy guys just need to go out.