Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

just an FYI for anyone else. the amount listed per line on your account won't change (maybe after the 2 months it will, i have no idea) from the $55 with this "glitch" where you have to have them manually set the discount. instead it will show up on your bill as a $30 credit per line. if that was stated before i didn't catch it, and if not here it is in case anyone else is wondering.

• Like 1

Just for everyone's reference, the Framily discount not showing up on the first bill is a bug. It's a glitch. Reps are now supposed to call in to their support teams immediately to get credits applied. If it shows up on your bill, just call in, and you'll get it yourself. They recognize it's a problem, and are taking steps to mitigate it.

fud

a bug is an unintended behavior of a program during the course of development.

This "bug" is shown as a small print disclaimer on the Framily page on the big yellow horizontal bar - https://now.sprint.com/framily/?INTCID=AB:HERO:010714:Framily:960x320

"Discount is applied within 2 invoices". Now reps have to call it in with the higher ups to "fix" it.

This is no bug

They tried to pull one over on the customers and I'm guessing enough of them called back to complain hence the change in direction :)

Edited by jbom

fud

a bug is an unintended behavior of a program during the course of development.

This "bug" is shown as a small print disclaimer on the Framily page on the big yellow horizontal bar - https://now.sprint.com/framily/?INTCID=AB:HERO:010714:Framily:960x320

"Discount is applied within 2 invoices" and reps have to call it in with the higher ups to "fix" it.

This is no bug

They tried to pull one over on the customers and I'm guessing enough of them that called back to complain hence the change in direction :)

The Framily discount being applied within 2 invoices behavior has been there since the very beginning; reps were advised to inform customers of this. The behavior was only included as a warning; due to billing cycles and bill post dates, they cannot guarantee that the discount will show up immediately in every case. This was ONLY meant to be for when people join or leave the Framily, not at startup.

The discount was always intended to show up immediately for new accounts and switchovers. That it did not is a bug, as per Heinlein's Razor.

Trust me on this one; if it was intended to not show the discount on the first bill, it would have been outlined in the launch materials and communicated to store reps that they need to inform customers. While individual people may fail at this, Sprint's own internal policies are quite good at setting expectations for customers.

Additional evidence that it's a bug: it's not happening to every Framily switchover, only some. If this was an intended behavior, certainly it would affect all customers.

Lastly, if you're trying to make a point with somebody, please don't open with "fud", it makes you look like a troll.

• Like 5

The key word is "may" reduce speeds to 1mbps

That rumor has been around for a while but, its existence has not been made evident.  If I were you, I wouldn't be so sure it even exits. Do you have any evidence of its existence or, are you just repeating what we've already heard? 

Its in the fine print lol. Thats proof enough

That rumor has been around for a while but, its existence has not been made evident. If I were you, I wouldn't be so sure it even exits. Do you have any evidence of its existence or, are you just repeating what we've already heard?

• Like 1

Can the switch only be done in a Corporate Store?

Thanks.

Mav.   :ninja:

currently, yes. in the future that may change.

Nope, Preferred Retailers can definitely switch accounts over to Framily!
  • Like 1

Will sprint be proactively correcting the billed rate for customers that do not complain? These kind of issues are exactly why Hesse was able to improve customer satisfaction with simplified billing. Whether intentional or not, getting a bill for more than you believed you would pay and then being told by even one person in care "its supposed to be that way" is a mess.

Btw, saw a Framily commercial last night. It also mentioned individual billing. Good commercial, though I wonder if it makes sense to everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Will sprint be proactively correcting the billed rate for customers that do not complain? These kind of issues are exactly why Hesse was able to improve customer satisfaction with simplified billing. Whether intentional or not, getting a bill for more than you believed you would pay and then being told by even one person in care "its supposed to be that way" is a mess.

Btw, saw a Framily commercial last night. It also mentioned individual billing. Good commercial, though I wonder if it makes sense to everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I doubt they'll correct it considering how many times I had to call the Account Services (retention department) to get my credit. 

They say on the commercial (small print) and on the site (small print) that it takes a bill cycle to go through. I agree with you though, the situation is a mess. Why the hell does it take a whole goddamn month for a discount to be applied? SMH.

I doubt they'll correct it considering how many times I had to call the Account Services (retention department) to get my credit.

They say on the commercial (small print) and on the site (small print) that it takes a bill cycle to go through. I agree with you though, the situation is a mess. Why the hell does it take a whole goddamn month for a discount to be applied? SMH.

There has been a communication about this and it should be handled. Corporate stores are applying this credit up front now or telling people to come back in with the bill and we will fix it. There is no need to call in.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

There has been a communication about this and it should be handled. Corporate stores are applying this credit up front now or telling people to come back in with the bill and we will fix it. There is no need to call in.

Sent from tapatalk

That's awesome. Glad it's getting straightened out. 

I'm thinking of joining Framily, but my only problem is that most of my family lives outside of Sprint coverage and many people I know already have Sprint. I wonder if there will be any provisions later on that would allow current Sprint customers to join a Framily group. That's the thing that is stopping me.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of joining Framily, but my only problem is that most of my family lives outside of Sprint coverage and many people I know already have Sprint. I wonder if there will be any provisions later on that would allow current Sprint customers to join a Framily group. That's the thing that is stopping me.

I finally gave up and joined. One line is $5 a month cheaper and the subsidized phones would be gone by when I could upgrade anyway. I am having no luck finding anyone to join up so far so my back up plan is to go to a virtual network op the Sprint hosts long enough to come back and join a plan a friend is on. I'm giving myself till June. That's when I would have had an upgrade.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I finally gave up and joined. One line is $5 a month cheaper and the subsidized phones would be gone by when I could upgrade anyway. I am having no luck finding anyone to join up so far so my back up plan is to go to a virtual network op the Sprint hosts long enough to come back and join a plan a friend is on. I'm giving myself till June. That's when I would have had an upgrade.

Go hang out inside a Sprint store, look for a family that is bringing a few lines, have the rep explain the discount to them, and the separate billing, or make a craigslist advertisement. There are many different ways to get your code out there. I had 4 lines, and filled the other 6 with little or no effort. Everyone wins.

I find that because I only have one line it's not really compelling to join with me. People pass me up to get a better discount with someone like you will a few lines already.

• Like 2