Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Id bet that it would. Maybe I'm just jaded by my experiences in the last couple of days but I think they'll charge the 55 per line if they can get away with it. 

That is because you guys need to learn about sprint. Everything you do get them to note it on your account. I moved today 9 lines of mine to the plan. The 1st time i checked they only had moved 7 then once i seen all 9 were moved i called up account services. When calling sprint ALWAYS talk to account services and for credits for sure. I told the rep so how much is my cost? she said 25 x 9 plus the 40 for UNlimited data on 2 lines plus tax. I then said please note that in my account. I HAVE NEVER had to pay for something that i did not feel i owe them. In 14 years with sprint the reason i stay is whenever i see a billing issue i call Account services which is the retentions dept where you call to leave sprint. So if you talk to anyone other than account services then you will not get it taken care of. I will bet you if you call account services and tell them when you signed up you were told 25$ per line. Also on my account it shows when you click on each line 55$ but if you look at the people in your family where it shows how many people are on your account it says there your cost 25$ per line.

Hmm, my conversation with sales was very misleading... the was no mention of having to pay full price for all the lines I moved in for the first month.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

The plan just started how did you get a bill already? if you are looking online at your charges it does show $55 per line Monthly charge for service plan

BUT if you click on the See My Framily status then you will see it say your cost is 25$ per month for that line and all the other lines say the same.

If anyone pays the $55 and you are in a 7-10 framily plan then you are foolish. I can tell you 100000000000000000% ill pay $25 per line plus the $40 plus tax and that is it

You forgot the pic AJ

btw today is Mr. Jones birthday, here is his present.

I think that you are just baiting me.  No matter, you know that I can come through...

AJ

• Like 2

That is because you guys need to learn about sprint. Everything you do get them to note it on your account. I moved today 9 lines of mine to the plan. The 1st time i checked they only had moved 7 then once i seen all 9 were moved i called up account services. When calling sprint ALWAYS talk to account services and for credits for sure. I told the rep so how much is my cost? she said 25 x 9 plus the 40 for UNlimited data on 2 lines plus tax. I then said please note that in my account. I HAVE NEVER had to pay for something that i did not feel i owe them. In 14 years with sprint the reason i stay is whenever i see a billing issue i call Account services which is the retentions dept where you call to leave sprint. So if you talk to anyone other than account services then you will not get it taken care of. I will bet you if you call account services and tell them when you signed up you were told 25$ per line. Also on my account it shows when you click on each line 55$ but if you look at the people in your family where it shows how many people are on your account it says there your cost 25$ per line.

that's the department I spoke to. Retentions.

The plan just started how did you get a bill already? if you are looking online at your charges it does show $55 per line Monthly charge for service plan

BUT if you click on the See My Framily status then you will see it say your cost is 25$ per month for that line and all the other lines say the same.

If anyone pays the $55 and you are in a 7-10 framily plan then you are foolish. I can tell you 100000000000000000% ill pay $25 per line plus the $40 plus tax and that is it

That's when my billing cycle is. Prorated one day on the old plan. Everything else is framily.

That's when my billing cycle is. Prorated one day on the old plan. Everything else is framily.

did you look in the part that says check out your Framily? and it shows like on mine 9 and says your monthy charge is 25$ ?? i mean this is a no brainer. If you did speak to account services which nis hitting 4 then 5 then 4 and speak to almost any rep you will not pay it. If you do good luck cause i know i will not. And if you were only 1 day left on your old plan prorated 1 day and everything else is Framily that can be at the most 10 days. They are not going to full bill you $55 per line in 10 days. The plan has only been out for 8 so i got no clue where you are looking for your bill but you are doing something wrong if you are getting a full framily bill. I mean read what you wrote. 1 day of your old plan and the rest Framily that is the most 10 days!!!!!!!!!!! there is no way to have a full bill of framily yet since it has been out only for a week. Done replying to this as either you are reading wrong or somthing but it is really a waste of time anymore since it is really silly. Goodluck but i will not reply to this anymore cause it makes no sense.

If subsidized phone options will be gone in 6 months or less is there any other good reason to stay on a 450 minutes /unlimited data plan for $80/month? My next upgrade would come in June. Is it pretty well a done deal I won't be able to get a discounted phone then?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It wasn't too long after the Unlimited My Way plan came out that the EPRP share plan was changed to Everything Plus Unlimited My Way. Anyone have any idea if there will be new EPRP plans in line with Framily plan?

spacer.gif

It wasn't too long after the Unlimited My Way plan came out that the EPRP share plan was changed to Everything Plus Unlimited My Way. Anyone have any idea if there will be new EPRP plans in line with Framily plan?

Posted Image

What's eprp?

I've now heard from a sprint store guy, people on this site, and an article stating that in April this Year no more subsidies meaning only Framily plans.

What's eprp?

I've now heard from a sprint store guy, people on this site, and an article stating that in April this Year no more subsidies meaning only Framily plans.

Sucks if that's true. Framily is a terrible deal for some of us.

Current: 5 lines, unlimited data, $220\month, two year discounted upgrades

Framily 5 lines: Tiered data based on use (not a big deal to me): $215\month, no phone discounts

Framily 5 lines, and if I talk two more people into joining Sprint: $165, no phone discounts.

If you assume monthly EasyPay payments of about $20 per phone, even if I only ugprade three lines, with the maximum Framily savings, it'd still be $225 for my five lines.

Edit: And this assuming I want to spend time and effort "selling" Sprint to a couple of people. I sold cell service for years, I know how to do it, but seriously - I don't want to feel like I have to for maximum savings.

I'm sure Framily is a great deal for a lot of people. I'm sure it's also an awful deal for a lot of people. If they really do away with subsidies this year - once we're talking $250 - $300\month for a few phone upgrades, all of a sudden AT&T (with their recently discounted Next plans) for coverage or Tmo for value start sounding a lot better...

• Like 1

I'm sure Framily is a great deal for a lot of people. I'm sure it's also an awful deal for a lot of people. If they really do away with subsidies this year - once we're talking $250 - $300\month for a few phone upgrades, all of a sudden AT&T (with their recently discounted Next plans) for coverage or Tmo for value start sounding a lot better...

One likely effect of wireless providers eliminating subsidies is that device prices will become more competitive.  That $600 handset is $600 in part because the price is artificially propped up by subsidy.  I could see high end handset prices falling below $500 over the next few years.

AJ

• Like 2

I seriously wonder if it'll be legal to setup websites where people go to join a framily with whoever. Which begs the question for all you people in framilies:

if you want to join a framily, what info will the holder of the framily see when you join one?

Of course sprint would be pissed if everyone did this cause then arpu would be $25 + extra data for EVERYONE.

I seriously wonder if it'll be legal to setup websites where people go to join a framily with whoever. Which begs the question for all you people in framilies:

if you want to join a framily, what info will the holder of the framily see when you join one?

Of course sprint would be pissed if everyone did this cause then arpu would be $25 + extra data for EVERYONE.

Everyone in the framily can see last name, last 4 of phone number and framily ID. When people join or leave the framily a text is supposed to be automatically sent to the framily.

Sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

Everyone in the framily can see last name, last 4 of phone number and framily ID. When people join or leave the framily a text is supposed to be automatically sent to the framily.

Sent from tapatalk

As a sprint employee, could you please ask around what sprint'd do if people set up exchange websites?

The info that you posted doesn't completely scare me away from an exchange.

Maybe the website could be fancier ad have a middleman so your real last name wouldn't be revealed.

I don't see where it would be real useful to set up a sight like that considering once your on Sprint past I think 14 days you can't join another existing Framily.  Existing customers would have to post their numbers and hope people just coming to Sprint will find it and use their number.

I don't see where it would be real useful to set up a sight like that considering once your on Sprint past I think 14 days you can't join another existing Framily. Existing customers would have to post their numbers and hope people just coming to Sprint will find it and use their number.

Good point BUT once there's a critical mass of people, there would ALWAYS be people on the site within the 14 days.