Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Should be able to. They didn't change the framily faq page.

Sent from my LG-H790

I was going to say... because if they killed the plan that much to the point where I can't even do that...  :td:  :td:  :td:

The framily soc was blocked last week. I found out the hard way but bitched to a NSS supervisor til they did it. Framily is effevtively dead in the water. Which sucks i loved selling a tablet for $60 (45+15) instead of the $60plan. So my tablet sales are going to shit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I just tried changing one of our lines to the Framily, no bueno.  We are on a business account.  I have ticket open b/c i argued Sprint Framily Support page clearly states we can join as long in the same account.

• Like 1

Lets just hope all these new plans start to slow down.  Since Marcelo has taken over Sprint in Aug 2014 there have been so many plan products introduced (good and bad way) that it must be a nightmare to maintain all the different plan products.

• Like 5

Lets just hope all these new plans start to slow down. Since Marcelo has taken over Sprint in Aug 2014 there have been so many plan products introduced (good and bad way) that it must be a nightmare to maintain all the different plan products.

If only there was one simple base plan that everyone would move to, but pretty much all would be happy with (I wrote more about it in the Plan thread under the Suggestion Box section), then Sprint's accounting would be alot easier and Sprint could then cut alot of jobs and end up saving alot from it.

Having multiple plans, especially with those needless, complicated family plans, just makes a mess of things. Low priced basic individual plans with affordable overages is the way to go, or at least a system I suggested around the time when I first became a member here on S4GRU, where I suggested a system based around Sprint's old Fair & Flexible plans.

• Like 1

Framily was created before Marcelo. So if you guys want more simplicity, cutting Framily is a good way to do that. He may cut all the legacy plans. Maybe SERO next? [emoji14]

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 1

Framily was created before Marcelo. So if you guys want more simplicity, cutting Framily is a good way to do that. He may cut all the legacy plans. Maybe SERO next? [emoji14]

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

As long as he leaves Everything Data alone, or changes it to something similar to what I wrote in that thread under the Suggestion Box section. Even still though, I'm not especially sure even that would be good enough to keep some Everything Data subscribers on Sprint, being 15gb for $55 monthly still is not close enough to being as good of a deal as Everything Data is, speaking of its additional line options.

Actually, it might take $35 monthly for 15gb in order to suffice. Those who'd leave despite that deal obviously are very heavy users, and that is the cheapest I can imagine Sprint possibly going.

I guess we should rename this thread, "Say Goodbye to the Framily..."

This thread is 21 months old and has over 2,100 posts.  Gor-don can finally be laid to rest.

• Like 1

I just tried changing one of our lines to the Framily, no bueno. We are on a business account. I have ticket open b/c i argued Sprint Framily Support page clearly states we can join as long in the same account.

I called in to switch my Framily plan from my iPhone 6 Plus to my 6s Plus line. They said up to 72 hours before I should hear back from them. If they won't do it, I'll figure out how to switch my account to a business account and go on Business Fusion. Unlimited on Fusion is only $5/mo more than Framily Unlimited.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Framily could just be bought out. Sprint could offer settlements like what T-Mobile did with Select Choice plans for those on legacy Voicestream/Get More/Stick Together plans that were on the old contract model. It wouldn't be perfect but people would walk away feeling like they got something.

• Like 4

I guess we should rename this thread, "Say Goodbye to the Framily..."

This thread is 21 months old and has over 2,100 posts.  Gor-don can finally be laid to rest.

Alas, like Hollywood, Sprint couldn't figure out how to use Judy Greer properly either.

• Like 3

I called in to switch my Framily plan from my iPhone 6 Plus to my 6s Plus line. They said up to 72 hours before I should hear back from them. If they won't do it, I'll figure out how to switch my account to a business account and go on Business Fusion. Unlimited on Fusion is only $5/mo more than Framily Unlimited.

Not a bad plan.  Are the Business Fusion plans eligible for Sprint Open World? 

• Like 1

Not a bad plan. Are the Business Fusion plans eligible for Sprint Open World?

I wouldn't see why not, as long as the phone is compatible. However, a corporate store states that I cannot convert my account, but when I talk to the back office tomorrow, I'll get clarification from them.

• Like 1

Not a bad plan. Are the Business Fusion plans eligible for Sprint Open World?

When shopping on Sprint's Business page, yes, you can add Open World to compatible devices. Also, Fusion plans include tethering for the 1, 2, & 3GB smartphone data add on's. It's the one perk that makes Fusion an awesome idea.

Sent from Josh's iPad mini using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Update: I did get my Framily plan transferred to my new phone today.

My first call earlier in the week, I probably spoken to someone that didn't know what they were doing with the Framily (was told 3 days before someone gets back).  Called in again today and explained was awaiting a call back on status of getting back on Framily.  

Rep knew what he was doing and got me back on Framily within a 5 minutes.  No ticket was necessary if you get someone who is hungry to help.  Of course every call varies and since we have a business account we get US based CS reps.

• Like 3

My first call earlier in the week, I probably spoken to someone that didn't know what they were doing with the Framily (was told 3 days before someone gets back). Called in again today and explained was awaiting a call back on status of getting back on Framily.

Rep knew what he was doing and got me back on Framily within a 5 minutes. No ticket was necessary if you get someone who is hungry to help. Of course every call varies and since we have a business account we get US based CS reps.

My first call on Monday did go to the Philippines. I wish I could have a business account. But I don't know if they convert individual accounts to business accounts, and I know that transfer of liability on a lease will be a pain in the a**, if it's even possible.

I called in again today, was able to move another line onto the Framily with no issues, but again YMMV.  Took 5 minutes to get it done.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Are users able to successfully add new lines to framily? I thought Sprint stopped allowing new adds.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Its still possible. A bit of a pain because we cant do it in store so we have to set customers up a normal plan and then call in. Its 50/50 if i get a worthless rep to change the plan or not.

• Like 5

Its still possible. A bit of a pain because we cant do it in store so we have to set customers up a normal plan and then call in. Its 50/50 if i get a worthless rep to change the plan or not.

Interesting! So it can be done in store, but only with some legwork by the store/phone rep?

Can it be done on the phone/chat only for a new line?

Interesting! So it can be done in store, but only with some legwork by the store/phone rep?

Can it be done on the phone/chat only for a new line?

Here's my family's 8/10 Framily for any interested in the full discount: a00985330RX :D

Yea takes like an extra 10 minutes. Not a big deal really.

Put your code on reddit. They fill fast there and is my go to place to get codes to close sales. Just sucks that framily only works if they dont need contract buy out.

• Like 3

Yea takes like an extra 10 minutes. Not a big deal really.

Put your code on reddit. They fill fast there and is my go to place to get codes to close sales. Just sucks that framily only works if they dont need contract buy out.

Cool, thanks!

I put it in the /r/SprintFramily subreddit, any others worthwhile?