Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

So today I went to Best Buy to get a new htc One m8 for my wife. I have the Framily plan and I was really bummed out that they did not let me upgrade my wife's phone because they said they don't upgrade on framily plans anymore. I think that is really mest up for sprint to advertise the Framily to hell and then not let people upgrade on it. I know you can still do it at the sprint store. But I was really hoping to get my $50 dollars gift from best buy for upgrading.

So today I went to Best Buy to get a new htc One m8 for my wife. I have the Framily plan and I was really bummed out that they did not let me upgrade my wife's phone because they said they don't upgrade on framily plans anymore. I think that is really mest up for sprint to advertise the Framily to hell and then not let people upgrade on it. I know you can still do it at the sprint store. But I was really hoping to get my $50 dollars gift from best buy for upgrading.

You would have been stuck with an added $15 a month service fee if they let you upgrade to get that gift card.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The point of it is so you can get a new phone whenever you want. There's no contract. It's better that way
  • Like 1

I guess I was not that clear. I am sorry. I was actually using the easy pay for the phone and the lady said I can still get the 50 dollar gift card with easy pay. So she got the phone and started signing us up and when she got to adding the phone to framily she said they could not do that anymore because the system does not let them. She said I would have to switch plans to get a new phone.

Edited by Olejkab

I guess I was not that clear. I am sorry. I was actually using the easy pay for the phone and the lady said I can still get the 50 dollar gift card with easy pay. So she got the phone and started signing us up and when she got to adding the phone to framily she said they could not do that anymore because the system does not let them. She said I would have to switch plans to get a new phone.

Unfortunately the rep you spoke with was uninformed. Best Buy can process Easy Pay activations for Framily. It will force a plan change at activation, but they just have to call NSS after the transaction to get added back to the Framily. It is a big 5 minute phone call.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes

Rocket,

I know there is an October expiration date on the $50 iPhone plan.  Any indication that this is going to be extended? 

Also, as I said in a previous post, I am currently in a 10 member Framily.  My wife and I both upgraded to iPhone 6's so we can go to the new iPhone plans if we want.  If we were both doing unlimited I would jump now, but she is on 1GB and never goes over, and I am on unlimited.  I do have a 18% corp discount that we can use on framily but not on the new plans from what I understand.  8 of our framily members were added by just posting our ID on reddit, so I do not know them.  As you know, the risk with framily is you could lose members at any time, and with framily now being buried, my fear is that trying to add members back would be a PITA.  But moving both of my lines to the $50 plans would be a decent price jump compared to what I am paying right now.  As somebody who deals with this daily, what would you suggest?  Here is what I am thinking. 

1.  Stay as is and take the risk that my framily will stick around and if anybody does leave I will be able to add new members or just wait until the cost of framily is more then the new plans and switch at that time.

2.  Take the sure thing and move to the $50 iPhone plans while that window is open. 

3.  Move just my line to the $50 plan and leave my wife in the framily with 9 remaining members. 

Being at 10 we would have to lose 4 before the price starts going up, and I have been at 10 since July with no issues, so I am not too worried about losing anybody.  I think it is just the idea that if you lose people you could face a price hike at anytime and if I can't get the $50 unlimited when that happens I will be kicking myself.  But I am saving a lot now. 

This is why frequent rate plan changes is frustrating for customers. 

Rocket,

I know there is an October expiration date on the $50 iPhone plan. Any indication that this is going to be extended?

Also, as I said in a previous post, I am currently in a 10 member Framily. My wife and I both upgraded to iPhone 6's so we can go to the new iPhone plans if we want. If we were both doing unlimited I would jump now, but she is on 1GB and never goes over, and I am on unlimited. I do have a 18% corp discount that we can use on framily but not on the new plans from what I understand. 8 of our framily members were added by just posting our ID on reddit, so I do not know them. As you know, the risk with framily is you could lose members at any time, and with framily now being buried, my fear is that trying to add members back would be a PITA. But moving both of my lines to the $50 plans would be a decent price jump compared to what I am paying right now. As somebody who deals with this daily, what would you suggest? Here is what I am thinking.

1. Stay as is and take the risk that my framily will stick around and if anybody does leave I will be able to add new members or just wait until the cost of framily is more then the new plans and switch at that time.

2. Take the sure thing and move to the $50 iPhone plans while that window is open.

3. Move just my line to the $50 plan and leave my wife in the framily with 9 remaining members.

Being at 10 we would have to lose 4 before the price starts going up, and I have been at 10 since July with no issues, so I am not too worried about losing anybody. I think it is just the idea that if you lose people you could face a price hike at anytime and if I can't get the $50 unlimited when that happens I will be kicking myself. But I am saving a lot now.

This is why frequent rate plan changes is frustrating for customers.

I don't think it will be as hard as you think to re add framily members. Right after the new plans ruled out, I lost 4 myself, reposted my framily id and within 24 hours I was full again.

sent from my HTC One Max

• Like 1

I don't think it will be as hard as you think to re add framily members. Right after the new plans ruled out, I lost 4 myself, reposted my framily id and within 24 hours I was full again.

sent from my HTC One Max

Good to hear.  It is the best deal out there if you can keep the max number of members

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

sent from my HTC One Max

Where did you post? Reddit?

Well that was simple...  My Framily went down to 6 lines yesterday with 3 people leaving, so I posted the ID on reddit and before I woke up today I am at a full 10/10 Framily. 

If there is anyone out there in need of filling their Framily up, reddit has worked twice for me - and fast too.

• Like 3

Well that was simple...  My Framily went down to 6 lines yesterday with 3 people leaving, so I posted the ID on reddit and before I woke up today I am at a full 10/10 Framily. 

If there is anyone out there in need of filling their Framily up, reddit has worked twice for me - and fast too.

I'm kind of bummed, I tried reddit a couple times already and haven't got any response from it. Granted I only have 2 lines (Possibly 3 by Christmas) but still... I REALLY want to get my bill down.