T-Mo CEO thrown out of AT&T party

illest_ios

He's laughing. He just wants more press coverage. And if the headline is how Bully AT&T picked on him, it's even better. He hopes consumers will feel like AT&T bullies them too and they will see the connection to themselves and T-Mobile.

As professionally immature as Legere is, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually made a marketing campaign to make all of us connect the dots.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

He's laughing. He just wants more press coverage. And if the headline is how Bully AT&T picked on him, it's even better. He hopes consumers will feel like AT&T bullies them too and they will see the connection to themselves and T-Mobile.As professionally immature as Legere is, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually made a marketing campaign to make all of us connect the dots.Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

That's a good point! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I give props to the T-Mo CEO. That took balls and is quite hilarious. Especially wearing a T-Mo t-shirt.

Don't give props to Legere. He's playing games, and hoping the Millennial generation will be impressed with his childish antics. It's all a psychological game. You're the pawn.

To put it in terms you kids can understand, "You've been punked."

• Like 12

Don't give props to Legere. He's playing games, and hoping the Millennial generation will be impressed with his childish antics. It's all a psychological game. You're the pawn.

I have to agree with this. I had a mild chuckle, but the majority of people my age probably laughed and then tweeted #legere#is#the#best#tmobile#for#life#or#at#least#until#we#leave#urban#coverage...

I would never expect Dan to go out and do that, or the ATT or Verizon and definitely not Softbank. Son is probably sitting on his throne of gold contemplating merging with him, and how to eliminate him if they do.

• Like 6

As a millenial I completely agree and luckily haven't fallen for his antics, yet. The included global data roaming is just so tempting. It really makes me miss the old Sprint International BlackBerry plan, although I do not miss that billing system.

I would hope that Hesse is more mature than that. From the times I've seen him speak and the commercials where he'd explain Sprint's unlimited plan, he gives the impression of a considerate man who plays things out low key. I am sure Son is already preparing the blade for Legere to fall onto once the buyout takes place...

• Like 3

As a millenial I completely agree and luckily haven't fallen for his antics, yet. The included global data roaming is just so tempting. It really makes me miss the old Sprint International BlackBerry plan, although I do not miss that billing system.

That's funny. You may not have fallen for his antics, but while replying about not falling for his antics, you practically provide a commercial for his international roaming. He is smiling from ear to ear. :lol:

Not picking on you. But I couldn't help but notice that. Heck, I'm falling for it by continuing to discuss it. I'm a chump too, I suppose. We are all just puppets to Legere's Narcissistic Machinations.

• Like 3

I have to agree with the posts above, he knows how to get media coverage. And if this makes people relate to him with the mentality that they get bullied by AT&T and so does the CEO of Tmo, then it makes people like him more. Makes him look a little more human and people see that he relates to their pain and suffering, so to speak. TBH I find this foolish, but like Robert said we're all falling for it by just talking about it.

-Luis

• Like 4

Any publicity he gets for this seems like it'd be negative. Let's face it, the kind of crowd he'd rope in by pulling these stunts aren't the 9-5 type who make a steady income and pay their bills on time.  If Legere wants to create a tier 1 subprime pay as you go carrier, then he is well on his way. We will see how long that will last.

Those funny "rent to own furniture" commercials that play on your local network and dancing , singing disasters mixed with delinquent testimonials of grandeur for the local payday lender are the equivalent of the campaign tmobile is running. "Who cares if tmo doesnt meet your needs, theyre screwing the man and poppin their magenta cause they feel your pain... " cue "come and get your love"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Why does he seem to target AT&T more instead of Verizon or Sprint? 

Probably because he knows that Verizon would crush his cute little toy phone company like  a bug and Sprint isn't big enough to worry about competing with. Plus, being a "GSM"  network and AT&T the only other major "GSM"  network around, they are a more direct competitor for those who consider themselves a fan of that camp.

• Like 1

Are there that many people that travel all over the globe? Most people that I know don't travel outside of the country very often. Just asking.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It's pretty interesting to see the comments on tmobile stories at other sites. Johns gimmicks are definitely getting the attention he wants. I see people saying ... As soon as my AT&T contract is up... I'm gone.

What I wonder is how many people who have jumped ship from AT&T, Sprint or Verizon to tmobile found out it's not always greener on the other side, and jumped back to their original carrier?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

It's pretty interesting to see the comments on tmobile stories at other sites. Johns gimmicks are definitely getting the attention he wants. I see people saying ... As soon as my AT&T contract is up... I'm gone.

What I wonder is how many people who have jumped ship from AT&T, Sprint or Verizon to tmobile found out it's not always greener on the other side, and jumped back to their original carrier?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I've been on AT&T for 3 months and wish I could go back to Sprint. The biggest thing I miss is Google Voice integration. With how much I use a tablet at home and work, GV was fantastic. But I miss just about everything at Sprint.

I have 3 of the 4 national carriers (no Sprint) and the grass is not always greener for sure. Tmo has just as many negatives as Sprint. It's just a matter of which negatives are the most troublesome for you. But every month in 2014, Sprint's negatives are going away slowly. By 2015, there will be little difference in the experience between Sprint, Verizon and AT&T except in coverage in markets where Sprint doesn't offer service (IBEZ probably withstanding). Sprint will offer a big value though over Verizon.

• Like 4

That's funny. You may not have fallen for his antics, but while replying about not falling for his antics, you practically provide a commercial for his international roaming. He is smiling from ear to ear. :lol:

Not picking on you. But I couldn't help but notice that. Heck, I'm falling for it by continuing to discuss it. I'm a chump too, I suppose. We are all just puppets to Legere's Narcissistic Machinations.

No worries - I am guilty as charged. :)

Are there that many people that travel all over the globe? Most people that I know don't travel outside of the country very often. Just asking.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

There are definately more than most people think, but too many variables to dicuss here. Although, most international travel is dominated by business travelers - it is easier to pay for that flight when your shareholders are paying for it. 

• Like 3

cue "come and get your love"

That song was an Alltel marketing theme.  I am not kidding.

AJ

• Like 5

I love it.  Legere is the wireless Pied Piper to the immature, media obsessed Millennials.  Everybody gets a magenta ribbon.

AJ

• Like 8

Any publicity he gets for this seems like it'd be negative. Let's face it, the kind of crowd he'd rope in by pulling these stunts aren't the 9-5 type who make a steady income and pay their bills on time.  If Legere wants to create a tier 1 subprime pay as you go carrier, then he is well on his way. We will see how long that will last.

Both my bosses (CEO & Senior VP) both love T-mobile, mostly because of their pricing and Legere. While these stunts do bring publicity, actions speak louder than words, and what T-mobile has been doing with pricing, makes them look more appealing. I can't necessarily testify to being drawn to it, but I did appreciate how transparent their pricing and phone plan is.

This transparency is what's helping, because let's be honest, they DO NOT have the best coverage, nor the most robust network. But people get what they pay for, and some people like that. I can tell you that dealing with Tmo, their pricing plan is much simpler than Sprints. One price includes talk, text AND data, as opposed to the other carriers where it's talk plus text PLUS data. It's all too convoluted and people like simplicity.

-Luis

• Like 2