Off topic - router suggestions

el1117

I have a belkin 750 AC router with 300mbps 2.4ghz and 450mbps 5ghz. I have cox ultimate which is supposed to support speeds of 150mbps down and 30mbps up. I can only get at max 50 on my G2 and even thats not consistent. On my laptop it has a 10/100 ethernet port so wired it maxes out around 86-88mbps. Again that was not consistent. Uploads are very consistent at 30-35mbps. The other packages i had from cox produced speeds better than advertised so I thought it would be the same but its not.

Would my router not having a gig ethernet port wlan and no lan gig ports also have something to do with it or is it more than that? I have had tech come twice and they cant find the problem.

I have a belkin 750 AC router with 300mbps 2.4ghz and 450mbps 5ghz. I have cox ultimate which is supposed to support speeds of 150mbps down and 30mbps up. I can only get at max 50 on my G2 and even thats not consistent. On my laptop it has a 10/100 ethernet port so wired it maxes out around 86-88mbps. Again that was not consistent. Uploads are very consistent at 30-35mbps. The other packages i had from cox produced speeds better than advertised so I thought it would be the same but its not.

Would my router not having a gig ethernet port wlan and no lan gig ports also have something to do with it or is it more than that? I have had tech come twice and they cant find the problem.

Wow, i didn't know they still made routers without the gig lan/wan.  That's a big issue for me since i do a lot of lan data transferring.

Can you make a gallon and half of milk fit in a one gallon jug?

How do you make a wireless AC router without gig ports? Thanks a lot belkin now i have to sell this one and get a better one

That's a lot of snake oil anyways kind of like those crazy priced 100 megabit cable tiers.

Can you make a gallon and half of milk fit in a one gallon jug?

If you heat up the gallon jug with hot air, you may be able to increase the total volume by 50%.  It may not look pretty, but it can be done... :ninja:

Is that what happened to your head? ;)

I don't think my head was swelling up like a balloon, so it had to have been the jug of milk.  Maybe it was Canadian survival expert Les Stroud and his magnificent "i must distill the water in this soda bottle.  But be careful you don't burn it and melts." B)

I don't think my head was swelling up like a balloon, so it had to have been the jug of milk. Maybe it was Canadian survival expert Les Stroud and his magnificent "i must distill the water in this soda bottle. But be careful you don't burn it and melts." B)

Just aboot time eh?

If you heat up the gallon jug with hot air, you may be able to increase the total volume by 50%.  It may not look pretty, but it can be done... :ninja:

And we still call it a "gallon jug"?  Wow, I think you just rewrote the ideal gas law.  Bravo!

AJ

Can anyone explain what's up with my router? I have a dual antenna for 2.4ghz and 5ghz...my roku doesn't connect to my router unless I set the 2.4ghz to broadcast on channel 6 but then it makes my 5ghz network unstable/slow. I have no idea what to do now, I've tried different channels for the 5ghz one but none of them fix the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2

And we still call it a "gallon jug"?  Wow, I think you just rewrote the ideal gas law.  Bravo!

AJ

I'd call it a modified gallon jug with excess capacity is the SAR-casta Band. I can also use a vaccum and have it holf a half-pint. :jedi:

Can anyone explain what's up with my router? I have a dual antenna for 2.4ghz and 5ghz...my roku doesn't connect to my router unless I set the 2.4ghz to broadcast on channel 6 but then it makes my 5ghz network unstable/slow. I have no idea what to do now, I've tried different channels for the 5ghz one but none of them fix the issue.

Sent from my LG-G2

Are the bands on the same SSID?

Sent from my LG-G2

I believe that would be returned. That's a good bit of bleed over there!

You call paying $89 a month for 150mbps cable crazy? Thats a great deal

Sounds like a good deal to me. I pay $72 for 100Mbps.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Thank you. I knew I wasn't crazy lol

All depends on if you need that speed.  For instance paying another $30 a month for 100 megabit vs 25 megabit when 25 is plenty enough for our household is indeed crazy.  Especially with the dumb cap of 400 gig.

All depends on if you need that speed.  For instance paying another $30 a month for 100 megabit vs 25 megabit when 25 is plenty enough for our household is indeed crazy.  Especially with the dumb cap of 400 gig.

that's dependent upon usage, users and devices right?

I knew I wasn't crazy lol

You may have just contradicted yourself with that last "word."

AJ

• Like 1