Tower locations

Richmc

I would love to see where the towers are located around downtown boston so i can keep an eye out for network vision improvements.

I drove out to the burbs looking for NV towers based on Robert's maps but had no luck finding any.

Looks like they were ready to work on this one:

7030053605_e5b6d1c3a1_b.jpg

Is Sprint also on the tower located at 44.99897,-93.132627?

I found it while riding my bike today. All I could see on the site were markings for AT&T/Cingular, T-Mobile, and Clearwire.

Dead to rights. Confirmed. You can see every Sprint site in the Sponsors section map area. You should become a S4GRU Sponsor today.

gallery_1_1_47097.jpg

I would like to chime in for a tower map of the Washington DC market. I am more interested in the northern Virginia area if that matters.

I talked my brother into switching from VZW to Sprint and he has been cursing me ever since because there is a street in his neighborhood where he is guaranteed to drop a call every time. The signal in his house isn't all that great either. Never happened to him on VZW. I'm curious where his closest tower is located.

Thanks in advance!

The Washington DC market map is now posted in the Sponsor section. Thank you for becoming a Sponsor!

I would love to see where the towers are located around downtown boston so i can keep an eye out for network vision improvements.

I drove out to the burbs looking for NV towers based on Robert's maps but had no luck finding any.

Looks like they were ready to work on this one:

I am willing to zoom in any specific site and send you a map of any complete site. Also, over in our Sponsor section, we have NV Complete Sites interactive map and Sprint market maps what show every single site. You can get access to those by becoming a sponsor.

Robert

• Like 1

We had unlimited data (capped if course) but this was prior to VZW introducing tiered data plans. So yes, we gave up unlimited data but didn't know we were when we left.Frankly, we moved to Sprint because we both picked up smart phones for the kids and just couldn't justify the cost on VZW so not too worried about leaving the grandfathered unlimited data behind.I'm hoping the NV upgrades will address some of the coverage holes we both experience. We'll see. Not sure how Sprint compares to VZW in other markets but VZW is tops in DC. I hope NV will close that gap because I am sick of the VZW dominance. They charge $10 per phone per month for every little feature you want to add to your service.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

• Like 1

I am willing to zoom in any specific site and send you a map of any complete site. Also, over in our Sponsor section, we have NV Complete Sites interactive map and Sprint market maps what show every single site. You can get access to those by becoming a sponsor.

Robert

Awesome! I really wish I could become a sponser but that's something I can't swing :( I really wish I could :(

Here is Boston!

7030768791_05d7f24ced_b.jpg

I'm curious if the NV towers will expand the coverage area surrounding them. Specifically, if there are "dead spots" between non-NV towers today, is there a chance those dead spots will be covered once the towers are upgraded to NV? If so, is this a function of the addition of frequencies (i.e. 800Mhz) or is it better equipment included with upgraded NV towers?

There are multiple locations in my area where I am guaranteed to drop a call, which I assume is the result of a coverage dead spot. Curious if NV may resolve this alone or if the combination of NV and a new handset capable of the new frequencies will be required.

Thanks...Dave

I'm curious if the NV towers will expand the coverage area surrounding them. Specifically, if there are "dead spots" between non-NV towers today, is there a chance those dead spots will be covered once the towers are upgraded to NV? If so, is this a function of the addition of frequencies (i.e. 800Mhz) or is it better equipment included with upgraded NV towers?

Both. The RRUs will be installed with the antennas which will give the 1900 signal currently in use about 20% more range, and 800 will be used to extend coverage even turther.

There are multiple locations in my area where I am guaranteed to drop a call, which I assume is the result of a coverage dead spot. Curious if NV may resolve this alone or if the combination of NV and a new handset capable of the new frequencies will be required.

Thanks...Dave

Depends, NV may solve the problem with improved 1900mhz signal, or it may solve the problem with 1900 and 800 if your device is capable of CDMA on 800, or you might need to upgrade phone if your device is not capable of 800 and the 1900 improvements aren't sufficient

EDIT: it appears the HTC Arrive is capable of CDMA on 800MHz. It will be 2013 before they shutter the iDEN network and start using 800MHz for CDMA though.

Thanks...Dave

It depends why they are "dead." If you don't get a signal there, just because it is just outside of range, there is a good chance that NV will improve the signal there to be usable. If not by 1900, then most likely by 800.

However, if the issue why it is dead is because it's in a gully, ravine, canyon or because of RF interference in the area, then NV may not help the situation much. It depends on the reasons why it's a dead zone.

Robert

• Like 1

It depends why they are "dead." If you don't get a signal there, just because it is just outside of range, there is a good chance that NV will improve the signal there to be usable. If not by 1900, then most likely by 800.

However, if the issue why it is dead is because it's in a gully, ravine, canyon or because of RF interference in the area, then NV may not help the situation much. It depends on the reasons why it's a dead zone.

Robert

Forgot about that kind of thing. It's flat here... don't have to deal with that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response guys! I think I am dealing with both situations. There are areas that are at the bottom of hills where I drop (VZW manages to maintain signals in most of those BTW) and there are relatively flat areas where I think the signal is fading due to tower distance. Not sure to how to know that for sure so just guessing on the distance situation.

Thanks for the quick response guys! I think I am dealing with both situations. There are areas that are at the bottom of hills where I drop (VZW manages to maintain signals in most of those BTW) and there are relatively flat areas where I think the signal is fading due to tower distance. Not sure to how to know that for sure so just guessing on the distance situation.

If VZW keeps a signal, it is most likely on 850. So that gives me hope that Sprint 800 will help.

Robert

• Like 1

If VZW keeps a signal, it is most likely on 850. So that gives me hope that Sprint 800 will help.

Robert

Good to hear! I knew I would take a hit when I left VZW but as long as there is hope for better coverage in the future I am more than happy to suffer a bit now while waiting for the full realization of NV. I just have to keep telling myself I made the move to get an affordable smartphone plan for the whole family.

• Like 1