Zact Mobile?

Destroyallcubes

I restarted my GS4 and got a weird screen trying to activate it on a service called zact. On the ##data# I was curious what the Itson option was for. Well I guess it was for Zact. Anyone try it before? It allows you to choose the data, text, minutes combo that fits you.

Went and checked out their site.  Have you looked at the coverage maps.  It looks like they offer full data roaming.  I tried looking up how much data roaming they offer, but didn't see any definitive amounts.  Looks like they allow tethering since you are paying for what you use.

I'm hoping they just misworded this:

"Once you have reached 80% of your purchased usage you will receive a notification on your mobile device. At that time, you may choose to add on a little extra, or wait until your next billing cycle to start using your mobile device. "

So you can either (1) buy more minutes when you've used up 80% of your minutes, or (2) stop using your device?  So what about that last 20% you paid for?  There's no option to "continue using the remainder of your minutes for the month" in there. 

And looking at the rates, I don't see it as any better than any other prepaid plan.  Any given combination of minutes/data/texts has better options out there, so the only real benefit is that your plan basically re-adjusts via notifications per month - meaning it's less work than some other prepaids for people who have dramatically different usage from month to month.  The roaming could also be a plus, but I have serious doubts as to how much and at what speeds that would be. 

I'm hoping they just misworded this:

"Once you have reached 80% of your purchased usage you will receive a notification on your mobile device. At that time, you may choose to add on a little extra, or wait until your next billing cycle to start using your mobile device. "

So you can either (1) buy more minutes when you've used up 80% of your minutes, or (2) stop using your device?  So what about that last 20% you paid for?  There's no option to "continue using the remainder of your minutes for the month" in there. 

And looking at the rates, I don't see it as any better than any other prepaid plan.  Any given combination of minutes/data/texts has better options out there, so the only real benefit is that your plan basically re-adjusts via notifications per month - meaning it's less work than some other prepaids for people who have dramatically different usage from month to month.  The roaming could also be a plus, but I have serious doubts as to how much and at what speeds that would be. 

I think this may be in a different spot on their site from where you were looking but it addresses your concern (#4):

"

1. Zact charges your credit card at the beginning of each month.
  2. During the month, you can adjust your plan as you go or wait and see how much you use.
  3. You’ll never get charged without knowing because we will alert you when you are close to reaching your limits.
  4. Then you can choose to buy more (or not) and adjust your plan right from your device.

"