Sprint making news in the 757,

chappo2000

Sprint users lose cell service

HAMPTON ROADS (WAVY) - Sprint customers are experiencing a loss of service in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach.

Officials told WAVY.com cell towers are down and technicians are working on the issue and hope to have it fixed by 3 p.m.

Users may not be able to use the internet or text with their devices.

Stay with WAVY.com for more information on this developing story.

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/sprint-users-lose-cell-service

There isn't much of a story here but it's still a shame to see.

Does anyone have any first hand experience how widespread it was? Or if it was just a tower here and there?

I wonder what would cause a large scale outage.... (If it was, indeed, that.)

If this was already posted elsewhere, I apologize. I did attempt to look for it.

HAMPTON ROADS (WAVY) - Sprint customers are experiencing a loss of service in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach.

Officials told WAVY.com cell towers are down and technicians are working on the issue and hope to have it fixed by 3 p.m.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local/sprint-users-lose-cell-service

Does anyone have any first hand experience how widespread it was? Or if it was just a tower here and there?

If this was already posted elsewhere, I apologize. I did attempt to look for it.

Happens more often than you think. Verizon had some pretty significant outages early on on their LTE deployment. I can tell you that we had one just this past august in the triangle area(NC).

Sprint users lose cell service HAMPTON ROADS (WAVY) - Sprint customers are experiencing a loss of service in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. Officials told WAVY.com cell towers are down and technicians are working on the issue and hope to have it fixed by 3 p.m. Users may not be able to use the internet or text with their devices. Stay with WAVY.com for more information on this developing story.    https://www.wavy.com/news/local/sprint-users-lose-cell-service _________________________________________________________________________ There isn't much of a story here but it's still a shame to see. Does anyone have any first hand experience how widespread it was? Or if it was just a tower here and there? I wonder what would cause a large scale outage.... (If it was, indeed, that.) If this was already posted elsewhere, I apologize. I did attempt to look for it.

I find it ironic the website posting the story is down as well haha. Gotta love midnight maintenance

https://www.wavy.com/news/local/sprint-users-lose-cell-service

Cell service outages happen all the time.

Isn't 757 the area code of the area affected?

I'm sure that's what the OP intended.

Just threw me off since no one in their right mind would use the area code to refer to anything in NY or NJ.

I'm sure that's what the OP intended.

Just threw me off since no one in their right mind would use the area code to refer to anything in NY or NJ.

HA! Must be generational because we used to always say in da 212!

How long ago was this :lol:

In the 80's. IIRC even the news media did it. Especially weather forecasters after the city broke up into 212 and 718 area codes. So that would be right after we ditched the stone tablets, nails and hammers.

In the 80's. IIRC even the news media did it. Especially weather forecasters after the city broke up into 212 and 718 area codes. So that would be right after we ditched the stone tablets, nails and hammers.

Ah, reminds me of the introduction of overlay area codes that confused the crap out of everyone.

201 and 973 got 551, and people went nuts.

Remember when 10 digit dialing was mandated?

Ah, reminds me of the introduction of overlay area codes that confused the crap out of everyone.

10 digit dialing still isn't a mandate here but area codes have really gone to the way side now.  People don't know anyone's phone numbers anymore, just pick it in your contacts, area codes really mean nothing as I know several people that have lived in my area for years and have out of state area codes. 

Grrrr. They are doing right now in Raleigh NC and it is driving the centrex systems nuts. Some numbers need a 1+ area code and some just need the area code. The problem is it is still all the 919. Throw that in with a centrex system that requires that you dial 9 for an outside line and BAM, you have a recipe for anarchy.

Grrrr. They are doing right now in Raleigh NC and it is driving the centrex systems nuts. Some numbers need a 1+ area code and some just need the area code. The problem is it is still all the 919. Throw that in with a centrex system that requires that you dial 9 for an outside line and BAM, you have a recipe for anarchy.

Gotta love it!

10 digit dialing still isn't a mandate here but area codes have really gone to the way side now.  People don't know anyone's phone numbers anymore, just pick it in your contacts, area codes really mean nothing as I know several people that have lived in my area for years and have out of state area codes. 

Really? Do you guys still have b/w TVs and dial up internet? :D