Sprint to combine Virgin and Boost and revive Nextel (also regional grocery chain thread)

Paynefanbro

Kum & Go? That'd be a great strippers joint or better yet a brothel in Vegas. Lol. Fresh and Easy would be it's sister company. ;)

Lol, Fresh and Easy sounds like the pimp for Kum & Go  :rofl:

Here's something that may have flown under the radar as I haven't seen it mentioned yet. Late last month Sprint revamped their Direct Connect Now app to include more phones and to supposedly now work on LTE, though that remains to be seen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qualcomm.qchat.dla

Getting Direct Connect Now running on more high end handsets may be a part of Sprint's alleged attempts to revive the Nextel brand.

I downloaded the app to my Note III to test it out, but it won't activate without a direct connect plan, which is at minimum $5/month.

They could bring back the chirp in a big way if they'd give that out for free and bring it to all sorts of devices.

• Like 3

I downloaded the app to my Note III to test it out, but it won't activate without a direct connect plan, which is at minimum $5/month.

They could bring back the chirp in a big way if they'd give that out for free and bring it to all sorts of devices.

Interesting. It's free for me, although no matter how many times I tried I couldn't get it to stick adding it myself using the OLAM. I just had to call in and CS added the proper SOC. Regardless, I agree with you. It needs to be free no if, ands or buts.

directconnect.png

If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you on?

Interesting. It's free for me, although no matter how many times I tried I couldn't get it to stick adding it myself using the OLAM. I just had to call in and CS added the proper SOC. Regardless, I agree with you. It needs to be free no if, ands or buts.

directconnect.png

If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you on?

Third Party Employee 3000 or something similar. I tried adding it before and was told it was $5. Stopped caring at that point, didn't want to press the issue.

Casey's is pretty great.

But is it really "famous for pizza"?  Come on, seriously?

AJ

AJ

Yes AJ !!

We shall not have dis'ing on caseys within this thread :angry:   Yes great pizza.  No roller weiners though  :td:

I do miss their mozzarella boats with a little garlic butter spread on first.That goes back a few years. I keep trying to get friendly enough with the girls at the store close so I can bring in my own garlic butter for them to make me one !!

Also there cake donuts made in the store are FANTASTIC  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

That is why I referenced it. I knew that you would get it. I live right on the edge of the corporate territory. Two of the three southwesternmost Hy-Vee stores are located in Lawrence.

AJ

They have one in Osage beach, Jefferson city and Springfield, mo

Rickie

Tapatalk on my LG g2

They have one in Osage beach, Jefferson city and Springfield, mo

Lawrence is well west of all of those locales. Only Topeka and Manhattan have more westernmost Hy-Vee stores.

AJ

AJ

considering i work for them i will have to say yes ;) but seriously, if you mention the name "Caseys" to anyone that grew up in a small town with a caseys in it the first thing out of their mouth will be "i love their pizza!"

• Like 2

I lived in a town of 463 people. The only thing we had was a Casey's. If you didn't like their pizza, you'd be out of luck unless you drove 45 minutes to the nearest town to find a Pizza Hut.

• Like 1

considering i work for them i will have to say yes ;) but seriously, if you mention the name "Caseys" to anyone that grew up in a small town with a caseys in it the first thing out of their mouth will be "i love their pizza!"

Hmm, I think I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am really glad that Sprint is once and for all putting the Nextel brand to rest. It ran its course, Sprint moved on and now we can all move on as well.

• Like 5

Now that it is confirmed by Sprint that it is laying the Nextel name to rest for good, what about the VM USA and Boost Mobile merger into "Sprint Freedom?"  Any word on this yet?