Sprint to combine Virgin and Boost and revive Nextel (also regional grocery chain thread)

Paynefanbro

Yeah, Grocery stores are pretty regional, it'd be like me asking Josh if he remembers Hinky Dinky.

Nickel, you are such a "helpful smile in every aisle."

AJ

• Like 1

Wrong store, but you probably knew that.

I did.  And I am the sarcastic remark in every thread.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I did.  And I am the sarcastic remark in every thread.

:P

AJ

I know the "helpful smile" all too well. It was the only grocery store in my home town basically until I left and then I get to Lincoln and they build the biggest Hy-Vee in Nebraska about a mile from my house.

I know the "helpful smile" all too well. It was the only grocery store in my home town basically until I left and then I get to Lincoln and they build the biggest Hy-Vee in Nebraska about a mile from my house.

That is why I referenced it.  I knew that you would get it.  I live right on the edge of the corporate territory.  Two of the three southwesternmost Hy-Vee stores are located in Lawrence.

AJ

That is why I referenced it.  I knew that you would get it.  I live right on the edge of the corporate territory.  Two of the three southwesternmost Hy-Vee stores are located in Lawrence.

AJ

Oh wow, I didn't realize they went down into Kansas.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they went down into Kansas.

Interesting...  Yea I thought they only went to Missouri, didn't realize they reached out to KS.

I heard about that big one in Lincoln and then they built one of those in Urbandale and now a few miles from my House in Ankeny. Pretty cool store.

Interesting...  Yea I thought they only went to Missouri, didn't realize they reached out to KS.

I heard about that big one in Lincoln and then they built one of those in Urbandale and now a few miles from my House in Ankeny. Pretty cool store.

Is the one in Ankeny the one with the Sushi restaurant in it?

I have! We used to call it "Hoggly Woggly," because of the Razerbacks I think. I was too young to care.

What about Winn-Dixie?

I'm a Publix kind of guy. I feel dirty walking by a Winn Dixie.

• Like 3

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/31/sprint-nextel-freedom/

Am I the only one here who is gonna check the original artcle and freak out because we have not addressed the return of unlimited hotspots and speed based premium pricing tiers?!?! Awesome news! Time to monetize and utilize that mountain of of recently acquired spectrum.

just a thought..... sprint says 6-8 on lte... everyone else seems like they have a pipeline when not under load..  comcast gives you a "boost" on speeds say you are 15-20 with a 28 for a burst when you download something small....

Could sprint being doing this intentionally?  Because this has always been the "plan"  --We get ul data, cant take it without ping everyone off so lets tier their speeds. If they want more than the basic .... pay for it... Basically cable company tiered pricing

Calling the new prepaid "Sprint Freedom" doesnt sound like a good idea.. I would keep sprints name off of everything until everything is in place.. Sprint has a bad name nowadays, Everyone (mostly) is always complaining about their service... 

"freedom" would have been fine and then later when the build out is done they could call it that.

Calling the new prepaid "Sprint Freedom" doesnt sound like a good idea.. I would keep sprints name off of everything until everything is in place.. Sprint has a bad name nowadays, Everyone (mostly) is always complaining about their service...

"freedom" would have been fine and then later when the build out is done they could call it that.

Once everything is said and done, Sprint should just call it's pre-paid service "T-Mobile".

AJ

I was a bit surprised to see a Hy-Vee that far South the first time I went to Lawrence to visit family.

I'm a Publix kind of guy. I feel dirty walking by a Winn Dixie.

Being in Fort Worth now, I miss Publix. Especially their sweet tea. I've almost perfected the recipe on my own, but it's not quite the same.

Being in Fort Worth now, I miss Publix. Especially their sweet tea. I've almost perfected the recipe on my own, but it's not quite the same.

It'd be difficult to leave behind their trifecta of perfection: sweet tea, fried chicken and potato salad.

It is interesting how this topic has turned completely to supermarket brands.

But on topic, I feel that Boost can go away since it's just a negative image of a sub prime customer base. Virgin isn't really a household name here in the States like it is in Europe. I can see Sprint merging and re-branding the two. It's a shame, though. Having multiple brands seems like an easy way to ensure more people choose a MVNO under the Sprint umbrella.

It'd be difficult to leave behind their trifecta of perfection: sweet tea, fried chicken and potato salad.

It is interesting how this topic has turned completely to supermarket brands.

But on topic, I feel that Boost can go away since it's just a negative image of a sub prime customer base. Virgin isn't really a household name here in the States like it is in Europe. I can see Sprint merging and re-branding the two. It's a shame, though. Having multiple brands seems like an easy way to ensure more people choose a MVNO under the Sprint umbrella.

There are lots of other MVNOs that use the Sprint network that aren't owned by Sprint. Also, they pay money for the use of the Virgin brand, so I can see why they might want to combine Boost and Virgin. Either they can kill the Virgin brand and move them all to Boost, or kill both of them and convert them to some new brand.

• Like 1