Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced - Launch Date 4/11/14

illest_ios

Perhaps this is old news but Droid life is reporting that Sprint will have disabled the download booster functionality of the S5.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

A lot of users still have their s3 and the s5 is around their upgrade time.

That being said the s3 prolly left a bad taste in their mouth with signal issues and charging port issues. Touchy power buttons and crappy battery life come to me right off the top of my head as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if people are holding off to see how it does first.

i have had my s3 since it came out, i haven't had  any signal issues(the ones that i did were sprints doing, cause by NV ugrading).

Charging port still works great

i have had my s3 since it came out, i haven't had any signal issues(the ones that i did were sprints doing, cause by NV ugrading).

Charging port still works great

Just going off what I've seen. I've seen them consistently day in and day out. If it works awesome. I didn't say all had the issues.

My wife and I decided that S5s will be our next phones. This morning, she, being more impatient than I, phoned the Sprint Store at 12540 SW 120th St, Miami, FL 33186, (305) 232-8362. She was told that yes, they have them in stock in white and black, but... they won't sell them unless we buy at least $60 worth of accessories per phone. Brilliant. Whoever thought that one up should have been the one to replace Letterman.

She and I are now of like minds. We will keep our trusty Photon Qs for a bit longer. Meanwhile, we'll entertain ourselves with stories from S5 early adopters.

:popcorn:

• Like 2

My wife and I decided that S5s will be our next phones. This morning, she, being more impatient than I, phoned the Sprint Store at 12540 SW 120th St, Miami, FL 33186, (305) 232-8362. She was told that yes, they have them in stock in white and black, but... they won't sell them unless we buy at least $60 worth of accessories per phone. Brilliant. Whoever thought that one up should have been the one to replace Letterman.

She and I are now of like minds. We will keep our trusty Photon Qs for a bit longer. Meanwhile, we'll entertain ourselves with stories from S5 early adopters.

:popcorn:

Really? Isn't the phone released today. Are you up for your upgrade? I've never had a rep tell me I have to buy accessories to get a phone. If anything, they offer free accessories if I trade in my old phone lol

Really? Isn't the phone released today. Are you up for your upgrade? I've never had a rep tell me I have to buy accessories to get a phone. If anything, they offer free accessories if I trade in my old phone lol

Yup, no joke, and I never had an experience like this either. But, never before had we thought to buy phones on the day of release. Could just be a greedy store manager borrowing a page from the Sleazy Car Dealer Handbook. Thing is, we purposely picked a corporate store in the hope of avoiding such shenanigans.

Yup, no joke, and I never had an experience like this either. But, never before had we thought to buy phones on the day of release. Could just be a greedy store manager borrowing a page from the Sleazy Car Dealer Handbook. Thing is, we purposely picked a corporate store in the hope of avoiding such shenanigans.

Uh I would just go to the store, and say I am here to get a galaxy s5. And if they try and throw that 60 dollars in accessories crap, speak to the manager. I've never heard of that, ever. But it is Miami, lol. No offense.

Uh I would just go to the store, and say I am here to get a galaxy s5. And if they try and throw that 60 dollars in accessories crap, speak to the manager. I've never heard of that, ever. But it is Miami, lol. No offense.

Frankly, we're not desperate... we may or may not drop by, depending on how she feels. But whatever happens, at least this is not Orlando, lol. No offense.

Frankly, we're not desperate... we may or may not drop by, depending on how she feels. But whatever happens, at least this is not Orlando, lol. No offense.

Consider filing a better business bureau complaint against the store.  See how fast they change that tune.  Thats blackmail, not sales.  

• Like 3

If Sprint corporate is not behind this, I would think it should be a firing offense no warning. That kind of unethical behavior should not be tolerated by Sprint gives customers a really bad view of the company.

• Like 1

True. I would take Miami over Orlando. You've won

• Like 1

Consider filing a better business bureau complaint against the store.  See how fast they change that tune.  Thats blackmail, not sales.  

Could be that my wife got a rogue salesperson, and the manager has no idea. I did work in sales for quite a while, right alongside many psychos.

If Sprint corporate is not behind this, I would think it should be a firing offense no warning. That kind of unethical behavior should not be tolerated by Sprint gives customers a really bad view of the company.

I agree and wouldn't be surprised if this "policy" doesn't last through the end of the day. I did post the store's address & phone for a reason... :secret:

Interested in hearing about RF performance. Anyone get the phone yet?

Sent from my LG-LS980

The store model I played with yesterday was weaker than my S4T by 6-8dBm.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1