Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced - Launch Date 4/11/14

illest_ios

Radio Shack has it for $149.99.  They are giving you an extra $50 for pre-orders...

Is it $50 off or they giving a $50 gift card?

Some stores give customers gift cards :/

preview the galaxy S5 at select Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-phones-promotions/the-next-big-thing/pcmcat324900050024.c?id=pcmcat324900050024&type=category&id=pcmcat324900050024&DCMP=rdr119231

the Closest one to me that had it was the one in Lincoln. Made the drive down there, and got to play with the gs5. i like it, no lag at all and felt great. 

• Like 1

Went with my buddy to pre order his S5 at RadioShack and you get a $50 non refundable gift card that you can use towards the phone.

It's no different than getting it at sprint or best buy.

I thought the final price would be 149.99 but nope 199.99

Surprised how quiet this thread has been...

I feel like Samsung has a "bomb" on their hands here. That is, the phone will sell millions, but for sure fall under expectations (again).

Ive just heard zero hype for this thing. The S4 triband had more activity on this forum....

Am I the only one that hasnt hard any excitement for the launch?

Surprised how quiet this thread has been...

I feel like Samsung has a "bomb" on their hands here. That is, the phone will sell millions, but for sure fall under expectations (again).

Ive just heard zero hype for this thing. The S4 triband had more activity on this forum....

Am I the only one that hasnt hard any excitement for the launch?

After the phone was announced this thread has gone ZZZ.

Many were disappointed by the S5. But I'll be picking one up :D

• Like 1

Won't be picking one up at launch but probably later on. I can use a phone that is waterproof because of riding my motorcycle.

That's why I have a Kyocera Torque. It's completely waterproof, not water resistant like the S5. More interesting is that it doesn't have an earpiece and transfers sound through sonic vibrations which means I don't have to take my helmet off or put it on speaker phone to use; I just hold it up to the helmet as if it was my ear :D

I have noticed on the Sprint shopping pages that they do not consider this phone to be "professional grade".  I am curious as to whether this phone fully supports vpn and what "professional grade" features it might be missing. Note that the Samsung S4 was considered "professional grade".

http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/business/eflyer_professional_grade_devices.pdf?INTCID=PRD:Tier4:ProGrade:042512

Sounds like Sprint is planning to partner with rural 700LTE small carriers, using band 12.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-add-700-mhz-band-12-capabilities-some-new-devices-starting-next-year/2014-03-26

Anyone know if S5 supports band 12?

Thanks for the article, but it does state, "As for Sprint's devices, the carrier said it would add 700 MHz Band 12 to some--but not all--of its devices, starting in January of next year."

That's why I have a Kyocera Torque. It's completely waterproof, not water resistant like the S5. More interesting is that it doesn't have an earpiece and transfers sound through sonic vibrations which means I don't have to take my helmet off or put it on speaker phone to use; I just hold it up to the helmet as if it was my ear :D

I've got a bluetooth headset installed in my helmet.  Phone stays in my pocket right now but since I've got a newer bike with Ram Ball mounts, I'm going to be mounting on the bike and would like to be able to glance at GPS.  The bluetooth headset in my helmet currently is the Sena SMH10 but I'll be switching to the 20S as soon as it is available.

Thanks for the article, but it does state, "As for Sprint's devices, the carrier said it would add 700 MHz Band 12 to some--but not all--of its devices, starting in January of next year."

In another article I thought I saw Sprint said there are already a few phones out there with band 12.  Looks like SG4 Mini might do band 12, but don't know if Sprint version does.

Edited by TyrellCorpse

In another article I thought I saw Sprint said there are already a few phones out there with band 12. Looks like SG4 Mini might do band 12, but don't know if Sprint version does.

Maybe the n5.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2