Dish gets FCC's approval to switch AWS-4 downlink, extend deployment deadline

bigsnake49

True but I wonder why sprint decided to partner with dish with Dish's fixed broadband service?

The broadband deal makes sense as Sprint is sitting on Band 41 sites in rural areas that it needs to deploy to keep the spectrum, but are going to be significantly under utilized. Going in a joint-venture situation with Dish who also serves rural areas with satellite coverage provides some synergies. 

Its getting real interesting... i wonder what sprint will have to pay if the deal falls through...

OR if sprint has a plan to divest/swap some spectrum along with some subs (prepaid possibly) with charlie as part of the tmo deal that would help charlie get off the ground?

Its getting real interesting... i wonder what sprint will have to pay if the deal falls through...

OR if sprint has a plan to divest/swap some spectrum along with some subs (prepaid possibly) with charlie as part of the tmo deal that would help charlie get off the ground?

I hope the deal doesn't fall through.

If the deal goes through, how many cell sites does tmobile have?

At least six.

AJ

• Like 1

Lol I meant how many cell towers does tmobile have?

And I answered the question.

AJ

• Like 3

Lol I meant how many cell towers does tmobile have? I know sprint has 38k+

If Sprint acquires T-Mobile, then they will have to divest some spectrum. Might as well be to Dish and it might as well be the EBS spectrum. Now, I want them to swap EBS for the 25x5 piece of PCS/AWS4 that Dish would have assembleed as mentioned above. 

If Sprint acquires T-Mobile, then they will have to divest some spectrum. Might as well be to Dish and it might as well be the EBS spectrum. Now, I want them to swap EBS for the 25x5 piece of PCS/AWS4 that Dish would have assembleed as mentioned above. 

Ok, I am no expert... But what does dish have that would work with sprint network now or something that could easily be added?

Basically, if sprint buys tmo and swaps with dish how many antennas or freq would a phone have to support? What would be the best freq for sprint/tmo and what would dish need or use that would be "fair" if they had to divest or swap?

WHat does sprint need to get competitive coverage or could they help vzw/att offload some of their lte for say roaming agreements to expand their coverage?

Ok, I am no expert... But what does dish have that would work with sprint network now or something that could easily be added?

Basically, if sprint buys tmo and swaps with dish how many antennas or freq would a phone have to support? What would be the best freq for sprint/tmo and what would dish need or use that would be "fair" if they had to divest or swap?

WHat does sprint need to get competitive coverage or could they help vzw/att offload some of their lte for say roaming agreements to expand their coverage?

What Dish has that would work with Sprint is 2000-2020 MHz in conjuction with PCS-H which they will bid in. That is adjacent to PCS-H downlink. The combination of those spectrum blocks will give them a 30MHz contiguous block in addition to 10MHz uplink.

Dish needs a large swath of spectrum for OTT video and VOD. EBS will be ideal for that.

What Dish has that would work with Sprint is 2000-2020 MHz in conjuction with PCS-H which they will bid in. That is adjacent to PCS-H downlink. The combination of those spectrum blocks will give them a 30MHz contiguous block in addition to 10MHz uplink.

Dish needs a large swath of spectrum for OTT video and VOD. EBS will be ideal for that.

Does sprint need the ebs?  

How much does sprint have??? Enough to give up some and still be good? Or just swap out?

The 2000-2020 thats not good for building penetration.. is it as valuable as 8/700?

Does sprint need the ebs?  

How much does sprint have??? Enough to give up some and still be good? Or just swap out?

The 2000-2020 thats not good for building penetration.. is it as valuable as 8/700?

In some places as much as 100Mhz of EBS. They also have appoximately 60Mhz of BRS. 2000-2020MHz is not as good as 700 or 800Mhz in building penetration, but it's great for capacity. Hopefully T-Mobile will buy 700Mhz block A from Verizon and smaller spectrum holders and then Sprint will inherit it if they merge.