iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

yes and that's why I'm here. basically I'm trying to determine (1) if there's any significant chance Sprint will be able to offer service comparable to Verizon and (1a) how long that will take to happen. I don't have the disposable income to burn on phones and lackluster data service the way some here do so I have to be a bit more careful about my decisions.

Ok cool, any information that I have used personally from this site has been incredibly accurate so you should be confident that whatever information you find here is pretty damn accurate regardless of whatever sprint officially or unofficially say.

Anyway, back on topic.

It seems like it depends on the picture. some pictures make it look awesome, while others are less flattering to the device. I think a hands on video will be more telling.

From what I could tell so far, I like the design of it but a hands on would be nice though.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11127

Apple's spec page for the iPhone 5 has been posted, revealing that the phone will come in three different radio configurations, each offered in three different storage capacities - 16, 32, and 64 GB - for a total of nine variants. One model will be exclusive to AT&T, supporting 4G LTE in their 700 and 1700 bands. The model for Verizon and Sprint will support CDMA and both carriers' 4G LTE bands, plus three other LTE bands used overseas. The CDMA model will also support EVDO Rev. B. A third model will support European and Asian LTE bands. All three versions will support quad-band GSM and quad-band WCDMA/HSPA+ (850/900/1900/2100). None of the versions will support T-Mobile's USA's HSPA+ network in the 1700 (AWS) band. Nor will any version support band 12, the lower-700 MHz band used by regional carriers such as U.S. Cellular for 4G LTE service.

Seems like the At&t variant will support T-Mobile AWS LTE (band 4) and PCS HSPA+ , wont it?!? Seems like T-Mobile should get a version or be compatible after their re-farming if that is the case, this is a win for them.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

• GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
  • CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
  • GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
  • 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)

I think he meant no lte800 support.

I am not gonna lie, in my opinion the ip5 design is by far the best looking out of all the iphones so far. I think it looks very classy with the two tone look on the back.

/agree

I might go to the iPhone 5 from the Galaxy S III

Also, unrelated, I hope Opus Codec is added to LTE Voice or HD Voice or whatever in the future.

Is this A6 chip built on a Cortex A-9 32nm process?

Has to be built by Samsungs 32nm HKMG foundries. TSMC is using 28nm.

It's speculated to be an highly modified A9 that has features of A15 (like the krait S4) and an A15 based GPU. Nothing more than that.

• Like 1

/agree

Also, unrelated, I hope Opus Codec is added to LTE Voice or HD Voice or whatever in the future.

WHAT? BLASPHEMY!!!!

• Like 1

CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)

That is probably referring to CDMA850. Apple calls CDMA on 850mhz CDMA800. we will need to see the band classes, but them no separating the two, and using CDMA 800, 850,1900,2100 makes me believe SMR did not make the cut this year.

That is probably referring to CDMA850. Apple calls CDMA on 850mhz CDMA800. we will need to see the band classes, but them no separating the two, and using CDMA 800, 850,1900,2100 makes me believe SMR did not make the cut this year.

Well that's too bad. Good thing I got a 4S at launch... I can't upgrade till June 2013. At that point I'll just wait for the next iPhone... hopefully that one will support the SMR bands for 1xA and LTE. *fingers crossed*

But yet the have UMTS 850 separated out. I think it has CDMA 800 (SMR) and CDMA 850, but I can't prove it.

See this comparison... http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57510949-233/so-whats-new-comparing-the-iphone-4s-and-iphone-5/

Basically all that is changed is adding LTE, slightly taller screen to make it 16:9 instead of 3:2, and an A6 processor.

Oh yeah, and 1 more microphone, better front facing camera, thinner, lighter, taller, new proprietary connector making all existing docks, accessories, chargers etc mostly useless.

Yawn...

I am against apple as much as anyone else but come on.... That's a lot of changes! The only other features they could have added was an even larger screen (they should have), an NFC and lte 800/2600 support.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I am against apple as much as anyone else but come on.... That's a lot of changes! The only other features they could have added was an even larger screen (they should have), an NFC and lte 800/2600 support.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

totally agreed, just seems like people either dumping on Apple (an understandable practice) or rationalizing their decision to stay with an older device. plus, if I'm not mistaken, no on other device this year will have lte 800 support.

I am not gonna lie, in my opinion the ip5 design is by far the best looking out of all the iphones so far. I think it looks very classy with the two tone look on the back.

I think original rumors from last year pointed to an iPhone prototype that had a 2-tone body. Maybe this was just the final result, and I think it looks great.

I think original rumors from last year pointed to an iPhone prototype that had a 2-tone body. Maybe this was just the final result, and I think it looks great.

You are required to tell your wife that she looks great.

;)

AJ

If I was married, sure! :lol:

Oh, but you are married...if you catch my drift in this iPhone thread.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Oh' date=' but you are married...if you catch my drift in this iPhone thread.

;)

AJ[/quote']

Married to my phone? Haha. Maybe more so my computer, lol.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

/agree

AS much as I hate to say it, I may have to at least look at it also. We are in need of phones that work on Sprint and good international coverage and since the S3 does not have the GSM support for the Sprint version. This will be the only modern non slider that has good international coverage through Sprint for the time being.

I am against apple as much as anyone else but come on.... That's a lot of changes! The only other features they could have added was an even larger screen (they should have)' date=' an NFC and lte 800/2600 support.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

totally agreed' date=' just seems like people either dumping on Apple (an understandable practice) or rationalizing their decision to stay with an older device. plus, if I'm not mistaken, no on other device this year will have lte 800 support.[/quote']

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the "inventors of the smartphone" would come up with something innovative. They didn't even bother to introduce a "new" software feature.