iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

Apple iPhone 5 to put the SGSIII to shame!!

http://phandroid.com...xy-s3-to-shame/

Pretty bold statement. Put the SGSIII to shame? In regards to what' date=' how many lives it took to build?[/quote']

Yeah foxconn shouldn't be talking at all. They need to be working on keeping their employees from another suicide strike

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Unless Apple has something hidden up their sleeves, the new iPhone will not be the wow that the 4 was. When the 4 released, it was a huge step up from the 3G/3GS. After that, we have seen a mid-cycle refresh, adding additional carriers and upgrading some specs, but keeping the same design.

This new iPhone, if the renders are correct, will be a larger version of the 4, perhaps leaving the glass back behind and going with a metal/plastic. It will introduce accessory fragmentation with a dock connector change, and will require the purchase of new chargers, or adapters, to work with the existing connector found everywhere today. This affects existing Apple owners more so than new customers such as myself.

Samsung took the GS2, streamlined the design, upgraded the hardware, and customized the software. This gave us the GS3, an evolution of the GS2. The jump from GS to GS2 was more revolutionary than the GS2 to GS3.

Unless Apple has something hidden up their sleeves, the new iPhone will not be the wow that the 4 was. When the 4 released, it was a huge step up from the 3G/3GS. After that, we have seen a mid-cycle refresh, adding additional carriers and upgrading some specs, but keeping the same design.

That's an interesting perspective. I have always felt that the 4s ended up with a higher 'wow' factor than the 4.

That's an interesting perspective. I have always felt that the 4s ended up with a higher 'wow' factor than the 4.

There was a lot of disappointment that it was physically the same, and that the main changes were internal. At least, that's what I read.

• Like 2

There was a lot of disappointment that it was physically the same, and that the main changes were internal. At least, that's what I read.

In my opinion, it was the faction of iFans who determine their social status by having the latest model of iPhone and in order for people to know that they had the 4S, they had to be using SIRI nonstop, that is time consuming. I'm sure they were hoping for an iPhone that actually attached to their eye so everyone would know that they are better than them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHUpWuqNHY

• Like 4

In my opinion, it was the faction of iFans who determine their social status by having the latest model of iPhone and in order for people to know that they had the 4S, they had to be using SIRI nonstop, that is time consuming. I'm sure they were hoping for an iPhone that actually attached to their eye so everyone would know that they are better than them

I agree, and they were the biggest complainers as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was in a Radio Shack the other day and the store manager, who happens to be a friend of a friend, stated that the rumors for a September launch are pretty much reality because corporate told him pre-orders are supposed to start in late August. Hopefully this pans out to be true.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Actually, Apple is holding a special event on September 12, 2012. This is when they'll be announcing the new iPhone and possibly the rumored 7" iPad. If this will be anything like last years announcement, then the new iPhone will launch in October.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Actually, Apple is holding a special event on September 12, 2012. This is when they'll be announcing the new iPhone and possibly the rumored 7" iPad. If this will be anything like last years announcement, then the new iPhone will launch in October.

that event is still a rumor until we hear the official announcement.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

that event is still a rumor until we hear the official announcement.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

True... it is a rumor... but to me, if iMore posted this as the announcement date, and they claim it's from a reliable source... then I'm pretty confident this will be the date.

Also, looking back at last year, for some reason I thought the iPhone 4S announcement was in September with October launch... however, the event was in October with launch 2 weeks later. No clue what I was thinking there :P

I think its pretty plausible. Apple is not happy watching Samsung eat its lunch because of LTE devices. I've heard quite a few people now switch to the GS3 from an iOS product because of LTE and few more considering it. Apple wants their LTE iPhone on the market as soon as it can. I wouldn't be surprised if this one is a little buggier than previous models.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Apple just doesn't work that way and never will. They will release whatever they think is a good product when it is ready. They don't put nearly as much stock in the "business 101"-type decisions as people seem to think. Sometimes they won't enter a market even though they know there is demand because they don't know how to make something that is way better than the competition or is up to their quality standards (ex why no Apple television even though tons of people would buy it? Well what good is it if you are stuck with the same crappy DVR from the cable co? Or the same confusing mess of cables and receiver BS? They won't release a television until they can make one that is leaps and bounds above what you can do today. Then everyone will copy it and in 3-5 years people will say Apple never invents anything and how people are just iSheep, etc. Meanwhile I'll continue to clutch my AAPL stock, laughing maniacally at all you anti-Apple folk all the way to the bank)

I would also point out that Apple manufactures prototype devices all the time that never end up being sold for one reason or another, even going so far as to have Foxconn's prototype shop put in a limited production run.

They also do this with designs they absolutely know they will not be releasing to keep people guessing and keep the rumor mill going. They could have an entirely new design but put these believable plans out there to keep people off guard.

Or it could be the real deal.

Never trust the Apple rumors.

• Like 2

Apple just doesn't work that way and never will. They will release whatever they think is a good product when it is ready. They don't put nearly as much stock in the "business 101"-type decisions as people seem to think. Sometimes they won't enter a market even though they know there is demand because they don't know how to make something that is way better than the competition or is up to their quality standards (ex why no Apple television even though tons of people would buy it? Well what good is it if you are stuck with the same crappy DVR from the cable co? Or the same confusing mess of cables and receiver BS? They won't release a television until they can make one that is leaps and bounds above what you can do today. Then everyone will copy it and in 3-5 years people will say Apple never invents anything and how people are just iSheep' date=' etc. Meanwhile I'll continue to clutch my AAPL stock, laughing maniacally at all you anti-Apple folk all the way to the bank)

I would also point out that Apple manufactures prototype devices all the time that never end up being sold for one reason or another, even going so far as to have Foxconn's prototype shop put in a limited production run.

They also do this with designs they absolutely know they will not be releasing to keep people guessing and keep the rumor mill going. They could have an entirely new design but put these believable plans out there to keep people off guard.

Or it could be the real deal.

Never trust the Apple rumors.[/quote']

What a great post to add to my pokedex! ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not that it wasn't already expected, but WSJ is reporting jesusphone5 will support various world lte bands. Which could be really really good for clearwire/china tdd-lte

http://online.wsj.co...3902952754.html

Edited by dedub

How about starting with all of Sprint's bands and going from there?

Are you asking what bands the new iPhone will support Sprint wise?

For sure it will support 1900 PCS. As for 800 SMR and 1900 LTE... We shall see tomorrow. Let's hope for the best!

For sure the new iPhone definitely has LTE under the hood. This has been the worst kept secret in all of iPhone history, even more so than the lost iPhone 4 that Gizmodo got their hands on a couple years ago.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/12/new-images-of-iphone-5-logic-board-show-a6-and-lte-qualcomm-modem/

ok someone like AJ or digi or whoever is gonna have to explain this marketing spin I just read about this device...

I guess one antenna for cdma/lte/wifi or gsm/lte/wifi? It seems Apple will manufacture different models for att, verizon, and sprint in order to use their differing lte bands.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/verizon-att-and-sprint-will-get-different-versions-lte-iphone-5/2012-09-12

Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) added LTE connectivity to its iconic iPhone for the first time, promising distinct versions of the gadget for Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ), AT&T Mobility (NYSE:T) and Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S).

Apple presumably will support the 700 MHz band classes used for LTE by Verizon and AT&T, as well as the 1900 MHz spectrum Sprint is using for LTE. Apple currenlty offers two versions of its LTE iPad, one for AT&T and one for Verizon.