iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

Retina display means nothing to me either. Wow so many pixels that human eyes cannot even see! The next iPhone better have LTE and a damn good speaker in it. I might not buy it otherwise. Apple should partner with SkullCandy for the sound aspects of the phone. And I don't know how well A5 processors perform, but the A4 has a hard time staying afloat in my ocean of mods and tweaks, so hardcore processing power is a necessity also!

Retina display means nothing to me either. Wow so many pixels that human eyes cannot even see! The next iPhone better have LTE and a damn good speaker in it. I might not buy it otherwise. Apple should partner with SkullCandy for the sound aspects of the phone. And I don't know how well A5 processors perform' date=' but the A4 has a hard time staying afloat in my ocean of mods and tweaks, so hardcore processing power is a necessity also![/quote']

I hear that the A5x can handle a whole lot more than the A4 did.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I hope so. The casing needs to be more durable if I'm going to continue to be with Sprint.

How does the casing of the iphone affect which carrier you use?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

How does the casing of the iphone affect which carrier you use?

Sometimes when I get impatient with Sprint, my phone gets dropped with force. For example, it got dropped through a plexiglass window a few months ago. It needs to be durable for when the network is slow.
  • Like 1

Sometimes when I get impatient with Sprint, my phone gets dropped with force. For example, it got dropped through a plexiglass window a few months ago. It needs to be durable for when the network is slow.

You might want to get a LifeProof Case. Or carry a Dummyphone for those "accidental" drop moments.

• Like 2

You might want to get a LifeProof Case. Or carry a Dummyphone for those "accidental" drop moments.

LifeProof wants more money than I'm willing to part with for a phone case. I'll stick with my free Otterbox Defender.

On the subject of a possible virtual home button from a few pages ago; I was concerned by the thought of a virtual home button and not being able to enter DFU mode. After the latest Absinthe release this is no longer necessary as it does every bit of the work for you. Suck it Apple!

LifeProof wants more money than I'm willing to part with for a phone case. I'll stick with my free Otterbox Defender.

On the subject of a possible virtual home button from a few pages ago; I was concerned by the thought of a virtual home button and not being able to enter DFU mode. After the latest Absinthe release this is no longer necessary as it does every bit of the work for you. Suck it Apple!

Are you jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 now?

Yes' date=' Untethered! :D[/quote']

So awesome. I have to upgrade my 3Gs and 2 other peoples iPhones.

I read on ModMyI that Apple has already released a patched version of iOS 5.1.1 *9B208* for the gsm iPhone 4.

That was quick

Yeah and now there is already a new version of Rocky Racoon for the patched release. Apple and The Dev Team have really been going back and forth lately!

Yeah, for sure. Now if they could figure out how to hack the baseband on the 4S so we can switch from CDMA to GSM at will.

• Like 1

Yeah, for sure. Now if they could figure out how to hack the baseband on the 4S so we can switch from CDMA to GSM at will.

This is a lack of test rigs and nothing else. The embedded stuff is almost universally crap software and no doubt full of exploitable holes.... You just need expensive test and dev rigs to really dig into it without bricking devices.

Almost everything that has software written by hardware engineers is a complete piece of shit and that is not a joke. You wouldn't believe the number of security holes in critical pieces of infrastructure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of you can say whatever you want about Apple, but I would use Mac OS X over Windows any day. And for mobile OS's, it's a toss up between iOS, Windows Phone, & Android. They all have unique features that have their certain appeal. I just prefer the iPhone. Frankly, I like the keyboard more than Android and Windows Phone.

You should look at the new Windows 8. It is taking Windows in a whole new direction. It boots in 15 seconds on legacy hard drives and boots in 5-7 seconds on SSD drives. I can upgrade any device any time that I like with out having to take it in or buy a new unit. The biggest problem with Windows machines are fragmented OEM implementation of cheap "shit" to make stock holders happy.

Install a top Asus, or Gigabyte Mobo, and top Corsair, Kingston, or G-Skill memory with a quality hard drive and power supply and you can maintain years of computing. I built my rig in 2009, and upgraded to a new 6 core CPU for $89.00 I decided to change the Mobo and upgraded to 16 gigs of 2100 memory for $90.00. Mac's to me are too controled, and if MS made oem manufacturers make PC's with an upgraded quality of standards list like I have listed the PC would be king.

But I sell machines that best cheap Dell, and HP oem equipment that are far more superior, and expandable with a 3 year warranty with top of the line devices!

• Like 1

I think I'm holding off on anything until I see the new iPhone. I'm now eligible for an upgrade but want to weigh all the options

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

You and I both...I have 2 upgrades available and I'm sitting on them for now. I really do want a newer device though, my Epic Touch is getting a little long in the tooth.

You should look at the new Windows 8. It is taking Windows in a whole new direction. It boots in 15 seconds on legacy hard drives and boots in 5-7 seconds on SSD drives. I can upgrade any device any time that I like with out having to take it in or buy a new unit. The biggest problem with Windows machines are fragmented OEM implementation of cheap "shit" to make stock holders happy.

Install a top Asus, or Gigabyte Mobo, and top Corsair, Kingston, or G-Skill memory with a quality hard drive and power supply and you can maintain years of computing. I built my rig in 2009, and upgraded to a new 6 core CPU for $89.00 I decided to change the Mobo and upgraded to 16 gigs of 2100 memory for $90.00. Mac's to me are too controled, and if MS made oem manufacturers make PC's with an upgraded quality of standards list like I have listed the PC would be king.

But I sell machines that best cheap Dell, and HP oem equipment that are far more superior, and expandable with a 3 year warranty with top of the line devices!

I don't like the Metro UI on Windows 8. I've tried it out when I downloaded the Developer Previews, and frankly, it just looks goofy. It's a bad attempt to revive Apple's old At Ease software from the OS 7 days.

I don't like the Metro UI on Windows 8. I've tried it out when I downloaded the Developer Previews, and frankly, it just looks goofy. It's a bad attempt to revive Apple's old At Ease software from the OS 7 days.

Seems like you either like it or hate it from the responses that I have read, but the metro interface is not the desk top. The windows desk top remains in tact albeit a little different in function the look remains the same. "To me" the Metro UI just seems to seamlessly integrate Windows 8 phone, and desktop with out the need of some third party app!