Reporting site outages/tickets.

I have had good success with emails to dan@sprint.com when conventional customer service channels would not let me open a ticket. Especially reporting Protection Site issues.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I have had good success with emails to dan@sprint.com when conventional customer service channels would not let me open a ticket. Especially reporting Protection Site issues. Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Total agreement there.  Don't waste your time with the typical chat online or twitter account unless you need help with updating your PRL, data profile, or clearing your cookies to get your signal back.

• Like 11

Total agreement there.  Don't waste your time with the typical chat online or twitter account unless you need help with updating your PRL, data profile, or clearing your cookies to get your signal back.

a.k.a. 90% of calls/chats into Customer Care. Seriously, 90% of all calls are for things that you can do yourself, or that have self-help options built into the phones or the Sprint Zone app.

I've had great success via Twitter.

Funny. One day support says they can't fix the legacy issue and stated the site will be a broken for 3-6 months, credits are given to customers during this outage. Next day Twitter folks tell someone else that all is well with the site. You be the judge of how effective that is.

• Like 2

Funny. One day support says they can't fix the legacy issue and stated the site will be a broken for 3-6 months, credits are given to customers during this outage. Next day Twitter folks tell someone else that all is well with the site. You be the judge of how effective that is.

It took a little bit to be sure, but someone ended up DMing me and getting my email address and worked with me. Told me about some issues with the tower (no specifics) and that I was actually connecting to a tower that was further away. He opened a ticket and kept me updated, and I let him know when my service improved.

The only thing that customer care can do is with their pinpoint tool to mark the location having the issue.  That information gets reported to Ericson.  CTMS tickets that tech can open have been done away with for consumer accounts except for extreme cases. They still open them for corporate accounts.  When the new process went into effect, they were saying how much faster the newer process is to resolve network issues.  Before they said it would take two weeks to resolve a network issue where now it can take just three to five days.  The information gets to Ericson more quickly.  I think it takes multiple markings for the issue to become a priority.   Another purpose was that ctms tickets were too costly.  The newer system also has an effect of having fewer network tickets which means less credits being made.

• Like 1

The only thing that customer care can do is with their pinpoint tool to mark the location having the issue.  That information gets reported to Ericson.  CTMS tickets that tech can open have been done away with for consumer accounts except for extreme cases. They still open them for corporate accounts.  When the new process went into effect, they were saying how much faster the newer process is to resolve network issues.  Before they said it would take two weeks to resolve a network issue where now it can take just three to five days.  The information gets to Ericson more quickly.  I think it takes multiple markings for the issue to become a priority.   Another purpose was that ctms tickets were too costly.  The newer system also has an effect of having fewer network tickets which means less credits being made.

That, an in retail, the vast majority of reps (including techs) would completely avoid making CTMS tickets. In the Preferred channel, there was no dedicated tool, so reps had to call in and spend anywhere from 10-120 minutes on the phone. With Pinpoint, you have to "click" and you're done. It's honestly really nice.

That, an in retail, the vast majority of reps (including techs) would completely avoid making CTMS tickets. In the Preferred channel, there was no dedicated tool, so reps had to call in and spend anywhere from 10-120 minutes on the phone. With Pinpoint, you have to "click" and you're done. It's honestly really nice.

It was the same in corporate retail as well. CTMS tickets were only made by Care/TS or a retail store manager could create an escalation ticket if more than 3 customers were having the same issue. The new system requires every rep to utilize the system to see the massive benefits of it however. And as with any retail setting based almost solely on sales... that simply won't be the case unfortunately.

Despite the retail rep's job descriptions also being about customer service, Ready Now questions, plan issues, etc,,, none of those make them money. Helping a person who isn't buying anything is seen quite often as a waste of time, especially if the majority of the people in there are purchasing something. Maybe 7 years in telecom retail has jaded me a bit, maybe it's just my District/Area, but that's the way it seems because there is no focus on anything but sales at the retail level.

It was the same in corporate retail as well. CTMS tickets were only made by Care/TS or a retail store manager could create an escalation ticket if more than 3 customers were having the same issue. The new system requires every rep to utilize the system to see the massive benefits of it however. And as with any retail setting based almost solely on sales... that simply won't be the case unfortunately.

Despite the retail rep's job descriptions also being about customer service, Ready Now questions, plan issues, etc,,, none of those make them money. Helping a person who isn't buying anything is seen quite often as a waste of time, especially if the majority of the people in there are purchasing something. Maybe 7 years in telecom retail has jaded me a bit, maybe it's just my District/Area, but that's the way it seems because there is no focus on anything but sales at the retail level.

Yes, while that is a cynical, jaded viewpoint, it is often the truth. If a salesperson is commissioned, they will do everything they can do improve that amount of commission. Reporting site outages for customers doesn't directly. Even though making customers happier greatly helps them in the long run, by improving overall customer satisfaction, most don't think like that.

In the indirect channel, it's a bit different, as stores can make a profit off of Service and Repair. As such, knowing that they can get paid a small amount for pinpointing people, you'd better believe they'll do it.

I just had a nice chat with a guy at ticket center in Oklahoma city, was very straight forward and told me stuff that made sense with the info I had from here. They are suppose to call back after engineers visit the area and gave me nv upgrade status

Rickie

Tapatalk on my LG g2

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a nice chat with a guy at ticket center in Oklahoma city, was very straight forward and told me stuff that made sense with the info I had from here. They are suppose to call back after engineers visit the area and gave me nv upgrade status

Rickie

Tapatalk on my LG g2

Did they ever call back? Was the issue ever fixed?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've interacted with the Twitter handle multiple times, they've never been able to do anything about network congestion/backhaul issues, but they have helped with account and activation issues.