Sprint To Trial Fixed Wireless Service With Dish

marioc21

The Network Vision platform, from the very beginning, was built to be accommodating toward these sort of hosting deals.

See the original presentations on this and how Sprint was planning to accommodate LightSquared. These sort of hosting deals for TD-LTE will also enable Sprint to more quickly expand Spark TD-LTE capabilities.

The Network Vision platform, from the very beginning, was built to be accommodating toward these sort of hosting deals. See the original presentations on this and how Sprint was planning to accommodate LightSquared. These sort of hosting deals for TD-LTE will also enable Sprint to more quickly expand Spark TD-LTE capabilities.

Oh LightSquared, What a freaking mess that situation has turned out to be.

The Network Vision platform, from the very beginning, was built to be accommodating toward these sort of hosting deals. See the original presentations on this and how Sprint was planning to accommodate LightSquared. These sort of hosting deals for TD-LTE will also enable Sprint to more quickly expand Spark TD-LTE capabilities.

I wonder how many existing Clearwire Sites are also located on the Sprint Towers in the Corpus Christi Market since the existing Motorola WiMAX Equipment will need to be replaced and later converted to the Network Vision Platform. Do you have any idea what vendor that Sprint will be using to do the TD-LTE Upgrades in the Corpus Christi Market?

I wonder how many existing Clearwire Sites are also located on Sprint Towers since the existing Motorola WiMAX Equipment will need to be replaced and later converted to the Network Vision Platform. Do you have any idea what vendor that Sprint will be using to do the TD-LTE Upgrades in the Corpus Christi Market?

I think NSN might be doing TD-LTE overlays in Ericsson markets, but please don't hold me to that.

I wonder how many existing Clearwire Sites are also located on the Sprint Towers in the Corpus Christi Market since the existing Motorola WiMAX Equipment will need to be replaced and later converted to the Network Vision Platform. Do you have any idea what vendor that Sprint will be using to do the TD-LTE Upgrades in the Corpus Christi Market?

I think NSN might be doing TD-LTE overlays in Ericsson markets, but please don't hold me to that.

A lot of the current TD-LTE deployment is being handled by Samsung, since that is who Clearwire contracted. It's not known where or when NSN may be taking over.

Houston is an Ericsson Market, but they are using Samsung to do the TD-LTE Upgrades.

I wonder if this trial is a signal that DISH might end up doing a network hosting agreement with Sprint that will involve DISH using their spectrum for LTE.

It's a wonderful idea for utilizing the prodigious amounts of spectrum that Sprint owns in the EBS band.

I'm more interested in what are the two companies working on.  An initial thought, Sprint a wireless company, Dish a content provider could mean TV contents streaming on Sprint's network?

Phase 2 sites are in movement now, both phases are supposed to be complete by Spring.

Phase 2 complete by Spring?  The last I heard, Phase 2 was to be complete by December 2014.

Robert

Cough cough

I still have not been told this by one of our sources who is "close" to the Clearwire deployment.  Seems kind of fast for almost double the amount of sites they did in 2013.  Also, I can't imagine WiMax markets like Abilene TX, Modesto CA, Maui HI, Reading PA and Yakima WA having all their sites converted to Band 41 LTE by the end of Spring 2014.

It certainly is not impossible, but seems like a tall order.  Neither Sprint nor Clearwire ever moved with that kind of speed so far.  But if they just hook up to existing backhaul and come back to take care of backhaul separately, that would be doable.  We will know in short order with those types of deadlines.

Robert

There is no way all the Clearwire sites will be done by Spring 2014.  This winter months are going to slow down production for several months.   I think Robert is right and that the more likely scenario to complete B41 LTE on all Clearwire sites is end of 2014.

There is no way all the Clearwire sites will be done by Spring 2014.  This winter months are going to slow down production for several months.   I think Robert is right and that the more likely scenario to complete B41 LTE on all Clearwire sites is end of 2014.

It's going to be 81° here this weekend. I hope these winter months prove to be a boon for us here in the south for continued rollouts.

• Like 3

Anyone else curious if the fcc will look at this and think that they cant allow a sprint, tmobile, dish merger and may use this as a reason to block the merger?

Edit-i am referring to the supposed sprint buyout of tmobile.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

There is no way all the Clearwire sites will be done by Spring 2014. This winter months are going to slow down production for several months. I think Robert is right and that the more likely scenario to complete B41 LTE on all Clearwire sites is end of 2014.

End of 2014 seems realistic but I'm hoping they over deliver and get them done by end mid year - end of summer