Free 200 mb for tablets disc.

coorsleftfield

Put a T-mobile sim in my Nexus 7 2013, and was able to sign up for the 200mb of free data. Sure it's not a lot, but the price is right, and it's enough to sync email or look something up when you're away from a Wifi zone.

I had 2 different T-mobile employees (one phone, one store) tell me that a phone plan was required for the free data. This is not true, I have it working, and Sprint is my phone provider. I have no T-mobile accounts. Just get a T-mobile sim, and you're good to go.

• Like 2

I have a nexus 5 sim from t mobile. Love their lte network in my area.

Already have a ipad mini on sprint so I don't think I can get a sim for my iPad mini :/

200mb sounds good for web use and Facebook.

The store wouldn't give me one, and gave me the link about needing a voice plan. They are $10 online.

I cheated and went to the apple store, told them I needed a replacement T-Mobile sim for my ipad, then went home and put it in my nexus 7 ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just get a sim. Don't listen to any T-Mobile store employee who says you need a voice plan.

Install the sim, turn off wifi and self activate through the Web page that you redirect to.

I find it interesting how individual ethics can be changed when something is "free".   This free data should be a segueway to earning your business as a tmo customer or a customer perk,  not a lie at the apple store to get a recycled sim.  

Anyway, enjoy for however long it lasts.  

I find it interesting how individual ethics can be changed when something is "free".   This free data should be a segueway to earning your business as a tmo customer or a customer perk,  not a lie at the apple store to get a recycled sim.  

Anyway, enjoy for however long it lasts.  

Tell that to Sprint employees that were on some self righteous mission to prevent SIMs from being tossed into the fiery hell known as an unlocked Nexus 5.

It was awesome going into a Sprint store and being lied to my face that they had no SIMS with the SKU 760492013536 in stock and having to go back and argue for a SIM.  What is a fellow to do when he is lied to by the store?

Point being, it's a SIM card - his local store wouldn't give him one because they were improperly trained, improperly informed, and not doing their job.  Let's not make a big deal out of something that is not.  T-Mobile regularly offers free sims to customers and certainly gives them to Apple for free.

• Like 1

I do not condone the antics of the stores.  But, if the Tmo sim is $10 online, that seems more than fair.  Giving a sim to someone who is a customer is different than giving a sim to someone who is not a customer. 

• Like 1

Technically, this is an add-on to your already existing voice plan. This would be awesome if you could put it in a hotspot :)

-Luis

P.S. Here's an article stating the real terms for the free 200

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/11/t-mobile-clears-up-and-reiterates-free-data-for-life-200mb-tablet-deal/

I do not condone the antics of the stores. But, if the Tmo sim is $10 online, that seems more than fair. Giving a sim to someone who is a customer is different than giving a sim to someone who is not a customer.

I am a customer, I own an ipad 2 3g.. Keep your moral opinions to your self and keep the discussion on topic.. Thanks.

Technically, this is an add-on to your already existing voice plan. This would be awesome if you could put it in a hotspot :)

-Luis

P.S. Here's an article stating the real terms for the free 200

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/11/t-mobile-clears-up-and-reiterates-free-data-for-life-200mb-tablet-deal/

No, it's not.. This is from your article.

Q. If I buy a tablet device outright, do I need a service payment relationship with T-Mobile?

A. No. Bring it in to us or buy it in full from us and we’ll get you on the network where you’ll get 200MB of free data (plus SIM card purchase), every month, for as long as you own your device

I am a customer, I own an ipad 2 3g.. Keep your moral opinions to your self and keep the discussion on topic.. Thanks.

Actually, his moral opinions are allowed, and the point is on topic. However, you are now trying to escalate the situation.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

No, it's not.. This is from your article.

Q. If I buy a tablet device outright, do I need a service payment relationship with T-Mobile?

A. No. Bring it in to us or buy it in full from us and we’ll get you on the network where you’ll get 200MB of free data (plus SIM card purchase), every month, for as long as you own your device

OOPS. Nvm you're right. I must have misinterpreted that. 

So the question is were the employees incorrect in stating that you needed a voice plan or would a t-mo customer have to scam the system to get the same result that you did?

I was able to get a free tmobile SIM on there website during a promotion. If I would have put it into a qualifying tablet I would have gotten the free data. I wouldn't be too worried about what the op did since they have been giving these things out for free anyways.

Interesting, you signed up for tmo service since your original post. Bravo, tmo.

I'm confused. I have not signed up for tmo service. I'm using the 200mb free and I use sprint for phone service. Tmo doesn't even have my credit card info.

So the question is were the employees incorrect in stating that you needed a voice plan or would a t-mo customer have to scam the system to get the same result that you did?

The Tmobile employee are wrong. Their CEO has come out and said the 200mb offer is for anyone who owns a 3g/LTE tablet and puts it on the Tmobile network.  

Just install a SIM and go through online activation. It won't even prompt you for any credit card info, just name and phone number. 

Here is the T-mobile web page on it that should clear up all confusion..   I went with option #1.   If you're buying a new device from Google or Apple, just order it with a T-mobile SIM installed and you're good to go. 

http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/free-mobile-internet-data.html

• Like 2

Here is the T-mobile web page on it that should clear up all confusion..   I went with option #1.   If you're buying a new device from Google or Apple, just order it with a T-mobile SIM installed and you're good to go. 

http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/free-mobile-internet-data.html

After looking at Tmobile's coverage map, it looks way better than Sprint's crappy coverage map that looks so primitive like it was made by a 15 year old.  Sprint really needs to hire someone who can revamp the coverage map badly.  What bugs me the most about the Sprint coverage map is that you are limited to that tiny square box that they provide as if you can see anything.  We should be able to maximize it to at least 80% of your screen.  There is no reason why the coverage maps should not take up a lot of the screen.

• Like 3