It was a full unlock. As tested with a T-Mobile SIM. For my first friend, after the process was completed he put the T-Mobile SIM in and after what I would call less than 5 minutes but more that 1, it was working. My second friend had trouble with the reps, they kept giving him contradicting information. He eventually got it done Thanks to Apple. I should note both had the Executive Service number, if you think you have it, you might not as it has recently (last year) change.

• Like 1

Sprint chooses to do a lot of Anti-Customer things until someone pushes them. A good example is the Sprint iPad Air. I once had a strictly CDMA device unlocked as a courtesy with the warning that Verizon would be the only carrier that would be able to provide service to the device, but that it would be unlikely they would. (There was a short period when it was possible to move devices from one to the other without modification).

Sprint chooses to do a lot of Anti-Customer things until someone pushes them.

Who cares?  All of the big four operators are at least somewhat anti consumer -- VZW and AT&T far more so.  Additionally, the other three are all effectively anti Sprint.  Are you, too?  If so, go find another provider.  We encourage you to leave.

AJ

Who cares?  All of the big four operators are at least somewhat anti consumer -- VZW and AT&T far more so.  Additionally, the other three are all effectively anti Sprint.  Are you, too?  If so, go find another provider.  We encourage you to leave.

AJ

It seems like just about everybody not in these forums (and some who are) are anti Sprint.

Who cares? All of the big four operators are at least somewhat anti consumer -- VZW and AT&T far more so. Additionally, the other three are all effectively anti Sprint. Are you, too? If so, go find another provider. We encourage you to leave.

AJ

What's with the aggression? We are having a discussion.

At the moment I would say in my opinion Sprint is the most Anti-Customer. Sprint has money to buy T-Mobile but not to fix their network. T-Mobile came from behind to pass Sprint in LTE deployment.

Sure they are working on sharing their network at the moment but Sprint could have invested it's money better. They could have kept the staff they just disposed off.

Sprint's level of churn is not something that just happens, it's something you make happen. Why would you be upset that people what to get the most out of what they paid for?

Getting the most out of their Sprint service is the whole point of these forums.

Last I checked they are fixing the network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

A year ago I couldn't even make a phone call without an Airave. Now I have HD Voice and LTE throughout my whole market. I'm not complaining. ;)

-Anthony

• Like 2

I've thought carefully and have decided that until Sprint starts unlocking phones (or makes them unlockable) I won't buy another Sprint phone. What I would like to see is an iPhone that'll freely work on both GSM carriers plus Sprint, if that happens I'll use it on my current sprint acct. if not then i'll port out until after the 2015 deadline.

Since I've been getting burned on resale value for my used phones I can't take it anymore so that's what I've decided I'm gonna do. Nobody wants a sprint phone I've learned, so I have an iPhone 5 sitting here that's listed on CL, eBay, and swappa that nobody wants.

I realize Verizon is regulated to keep the 3GPP part of their phones open, but why can't Sprint do the same thing without government prodding? I'd be OK with Sprint taking a more liberal unlock policy for simple good public relations, which Sprint needs more of.

• Like 2

What's with the aggression? We are having a discussion.

At the moment I would say in my opinion Sprint is the most Anti-Customer. Sprint has money to buy T-Mobile but not to fix their network. T-Mobile came from behind to pass Sprint in LTE deployment.

Sure they are working on sharing their network at the moment but Sprint could have invested it's money better. They could have kept the staff they just disposed off.

Sprint's level of churn is not something that just happens, it's something you make happen. Why would you be upset that people what to get the most out of what they paid for?

Getting the most out of their Sprint service is the whole point of these forums.

Do not confuse upfront questions with aggression.  Additionally, understand some context.  S4GRU attracts a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile trolls and Sprint defectors.  This site does not exist to advocate a one way street of unlocked device compatibility flowing from Sprint to other operators.  That undermines Sprint and is a patently unfair situation.

As for Sprint being the most "anti consumer" claim, you probably will not like this, but that makes you out to be a typical, ignorant consumer -- and that is an honest assessment, not an insult.  You ostensibly know nothing of what the Twin Bells are trying to accomplish legislatively and judicially regarding competition, spectrum aggregation, Net neutrality, etc.  Basically, all of it is anti consumer -- unless all you care about is the end result and assume that the end result is the only viable result.

AJ

• Like 3

I've thought carefully and have decided that until Sprint starts unlocking phones (or makes them unlockable) I won't buy another Sprint phone. What I would like to see is an iPhone that'll freely work on both GSM carriers plus Sprint, if that happens I'll use it on my current sprint acct. if not then i'll port out until after the 2015 deadline.

Since I've been getting burned on resale value for my used phones I can't take it anymore so that's what I've decided I'm gonna do. Nobody wants a sprint phone I've learned, so I have an iPhone 5 sitting here that's listed on CL, eBay, and swappa that nobody wants.

If you're concerned about having an unlocked phone that will work on Sprint, why not buy a Nexus 5? While I don't agree with Sprint's policy, a nice and fully unlocked device is available now and for a great price. No need to wait until 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you're concerned about having an unlocked phone that will work on Sprint, why not buy a Nexus 5? While I don't agree with Sprint's policy, a nice and fully unlocked device is available now and for a great price. No need to wait until 2015.

I had one, sent it back after realizing the battery life wasn't too great, and it's still not officially Spark enabled. More importantly I'm too tied up with iOS. 

No, it was delayed (or announced early).

I was incredibly disappointed when I found that out. I kept hoping to get the Spark update so I could go hunting for LTE TDD carriers, but alas...