How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Alcatel-Lucent)

lilotimz

You know were this site is i will test it.

The middle of no where! Actually it is about a quarter mile west of the Mason-Dixon line (the exact location info and site ID is in the band 41 thread). There is no back haul yet so I wouldn't want you to waste your gas and time to drive down and test it.

All band on clear map no lte . But i did find some band 41 just got find tower and speed test it. Got start looking at live towers for new panels soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed sighting in Charlotte. Not yet broadcasting, but it's finally happening!!!

http://imgur.com/4oFTpAv

2nd rack from the bottom. I noticed this on a run, and I'll try to come back tonight with my SLR. I saw a MasTec truck driving around near the tower yesterday so I figured I'd check the site today. I was right!

Also, is it OK for me to share location details since I didn't find it using Sponsor maps?

• Like 1

Confirmed sighting in Charlotte. Not yet broadcasting, but it's finally happening!!!

2nd rack from the bottom. I noticed this on a run, and I'll try to come back tonight with my SLR. I saw a MasTec truck driving around near the tower yesterday so I figured I'd check the site today. I was right!

I think I know of another site in our market that has ALU B41 gear on it also. I will post pictures once I can get back out to the site with a good camera!

-Anthony

• Like 1

Also, is it OK for me to share location details since I didn't find it using Sponsor maps?

Here's a link to le album. Ignore the deer photos. And the photos of the other carrier equipment. The equipment still isn't live, tested on both a Nexus 5 and an S4T. Unfortunately lighting was a bit weird. It's raining now.

http://imgur.com/a/Ughbz

Side note: Both Verizon and T-Mobile use the same Ericsson antennas for AWS, it seems.

• Like 2

The N5's digital zoom is weak at best, and taking a shot of an antenna sitting on a six story high building isn't one of its strong suits. Im gonna borrow my girlfriends D SLR and see if I can get decent shots..

Hey buddy, where did you say the site was?

Is this a ALU TD-LTE? It was located on Buffalo and Summerlin Pkwy in Vegas. I know the bigger ones are NV1.0

yrehysag.jpg

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Is this a ALU TD-LTE? It was located on Buffalo and Summerlin Pkwy in Vegas. I know the bigger ones are NV1.0

Yeah. Note how the new antennas are a tiny bit shorter than the NV 1.0 ones. The 8T8R B41 antennas are all around 5' in length while the NV 1.0 ones are around 6'. 

• Like 4

That looks like the correct RRU between the right hand side set of antennas.

Yeah. Note how the new antennas are a tiny bit shorter than the NV 1.0 ones. The 8T8R B41 antennas are all around 5' in length while the NV 1.0 ones are around 6'. 

This isn't the first one I saw yesterday that wasn't broadcasting. Didn't get a picture though. Vegas is being pushed full steam ahead on Band 41 deployment.

That looks like the correct RRU between the right hand side set of antennas.

As of right now it's not broadcasting, but hopefully soon.

None of the Charlotte installations are either. I think Tim said official launch is in Q3.

There are a number of them broadcasting in North Las Vegas, see my post here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to post this shot for a while, near the 4 train on 176st in the bronx, am I looking at Sprint B41 or a standard Clear Huawai site? Signal was -55dBm on B25 and switched over to B41. But a -20dBm difference in signal strength and signal check detecting B41 leads me to believe its a Clear site.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9tPD5DtGverMFpfWVBybEJQWHpKOElyWHhMMmxERFZPRkp3/edit

Excuse the shitty shot, Nexus 5 @ a distance.

Been meaning to post this shot for a while, near the 4 train on 176st in the bronx, am I looking at Sprint B41 or a standard Clear Huawai site? Signal was -55dBm on B25 and switched over to B41. But a -20dBm difference in signal strength and signal check detecting B41 leads me to believe its a Clear site.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9tPD5DtGverMFpfWVBybEJQWHpKOElyWHhMMmxERFZPRkp3/edit

Excuse the shitty shot, Nexus 5 @ a distance.

That looks like Clear B41.

• 1 month later...

So was it me or did anyone else notice a class 2 permissive change on the FCC for these? Was dated 7/25/14. Looks to be a change.from 10W for 20mhz/20W for 40mhz, to 20W for both 20/40mhz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tough to tell in those pictures, but, what I think are the NV panels are smaller than what would be the 8T8R panels, so that mean it wouldnt be 8T8R as those are smaller than NV panels height wise.  got a better picture?  PM me the site ID, maybe I can go take a peek first hand if its near by.