Dan Hesse "2014 is our comeback year"

IamMrFamous07

It shouldn't be a replacement for your home ISP but streaming and downloading stuff is what its meant to be used for.  Smart phones where marketed as bringing the internet to you where and when you want it. I see no reason to call everyone simpletons. 

Read my words; do not replace them with your generalizations.  "[A] shitload of simpletons streaming and downloading the shit out of everything" does not mean "everyone."  But it means that enough people are overusing "unlimited" data to bog it down, mostly with trivial, leisure type purposes on their smartphones.  I think that is sad.  If you do not, well, I think that, too, is sad.

Additionally, appreciate that Sprint is fighting for its economic survival.  If I ran the zoo, I would cut off "unlimited" data in a heartbeat.  But then millions of oblivious, ignorant malcontents would churn to the anti competitive, anti Net neutrality duopoly.  And Sprint would probably be done.

So, what the hell do you want to happen?  You want your cake and eat it, too?  What if you cannot have that...?

AJ

The press release about Chicago had me chuckle a bit after seeing the major issues folks have been reporting there. Sounds to me like Ericsson maintenance hasn't been communicating to them what is going on there.

ralph-the-paste-eater.jpg

Ericsson.....Sprint would be better off bringing network maintenance in-house.

• Like 6

Ericsson.....Sprint would be better off bringing network maintenance in-house.

Nice.. Now this will be planted in my brain as I deal with them again tomorrow on the same ticket I have been opening month after month. Ericsson told them they fixed it this morning, it was broken again by the afternoon. Go figure ;)

I keep hearing the rumor over and over that is happening soon.

• Like 1

I had to edit your post to fix the hyperlink, but yes, I definitely remember that tweet.  Neal Gompa made it happen.  Personally, I had no interest in engaging loudmouth Legere.  Regardless, what does Legere's tweet tell us?

AJ

You asked so here it is. I want them to finish NV. I then want Sprint in the markets where they already have the licenses to add more carriers where needed so we get the 6 Mbps  average download speed the say we can expect on non Spark LTE. I know this can't happen over night. I also want them to add the network performance monitoring like Softbank does in Japan where an opt in app reports congestion and slow connections automatically to see where the network needs repairs and upgrades.

I must admit the quote I copied from Sprints web site does sound like "trivial, leisure type purposes" is what they promote and what I enjoy doing from time to time when WiFi isn't available.

I had to edit your post to fix the hyperlink, but yes, I definitely remember that tweet.  Neal Gompa made it happen.  Personally, I had no interest in engaging loudmouth Legere.  Regardless, what does Legere's tweet tell us?

AJ

Thanks for editing it, not sure what happened there. I can't decide if his tweet means Sprint's NV will be done in 2016 or if in 2016 you'll be so frustrated that you end up switching. I'm leaning towards the former. 

Read my words; do not replace them with your generalizations. "[A] shitload of simpletons streaming and downloading the shit out of everything" does not mean "everyone." But it means that enough people are overusing "unlimited" data to bog it down, mostly with trivial, leisure type purposes on their smartphones. I think that is sad. If you do not, well, I think that, too, is sad.

Additionally, appreciate that Sprint is fighting for its economic survival. If I ran the zoo, I would cut off "unlimited" data in a heartbeat. But then millions of oblivious, ignorant malcontents would churn to the anti competitive, anti Net neutrality duopoly. And Sprint would probably be done.

So, what the hell do you want to happen? You want your cake and eat it, too? What if you cannot have that...?

AJ

Damn AJ. Now I see why you (and S4GRU) hate tethering and the abuse of unlimited data. I mean I actually put my data to good use and would hate to monitor my usage like all my at&t and Verizon friends do. Makes total sense and I agree. I don't want people like that to ruin it for us.

• Like 1

I somewhat agree. Most people I talk to the "Sprint" name is tarnished...but people aren't stupid...They'll realize it's the same company under a different name...but with the mass of subscribers out there (Possible) I'm sure if they see a new name they won't associate it with "Sprint" Eh....May be worth it, may not....could help, could hurt....who knows...

Everything goes in cycles. AT&T was a tarnished cell brand circa 2000. Sprint is in a prime position to manage data growth over the next few years.

You asked so here it is. I want them to finish NV. I then want Sprint in the markets where they already have the licenses to add more carriers where needed so we get the 6 Mbps  average download speed the say we can expect on non Spark LTE. I know this can't happen over night. I also want them to add the network performance monitoring like Softbank does in Japan where an opt in app reports congestion and slow connections automatically to see where the network needs repairs and upgrades.

I must admit the quote I copied from Sprints web site does sound like "trivial, leisure type purposes" is what they promote and what I enjoy doing from time to time when WiFi isn't available.

90% of the sites that I have connected to with LTE have averaged 8+mbps on the downlink, so that falls within the average that Sprint advertises. 

Obviously T-Mobile is threatened. His sarcastic "tones" , his "attacks" on sprint. It's bad when you hear on a daily and almost hourly basis on how bad T-Mobile is here. All 4 towers to cover 100k+ population. Haha I laugh at it

90% of the sites that I have connected to with LTE have averaged 8+mbps on the downlink, so that falls within the average that Sprint advertises.

I am pretty satisfied so far with Sprint's NV rollout. I cannot wait to see how it will be this time next year.

tmp_Screenshot_2013-12-10-13-39-241471096784.png

Obviously T-Mobile is threatened. His sarcastic "tones" , his "attacks" on sprint. It's bad when you hear on a daily and almost hourly basis on how bad T-Mobile is here. All 4 towers to cover 100k+ population. Haha I laugh at it

Yeah but they aren't threatened. I truly believe that T-Mobile is picking and choosing their markets and battles. 

It's one thing to beat your chest and not have anything to back it up, another to have a deployed network in "urban" areas, and do so.

Yeah but they aren't threatened. I truly believe that T-Mobile is picking and choosing their markets and battles. 

It's one thing to beat your chest and not have anything to back it up, another to have a deployed network in "urban" areas, and do so

But they are acting like they have a network that's 4G "nationwide" . They mislead people.  More so than any other carrier. He boast so much about something so small. He is in clear denial stage of acceptance. Now if it were one of the big 2 they could at least back It up. And by some of the statements I see is that it comes off like his network is the best of the best, and all others are garbage.  But I bet he never goes out of the city with Tmo service.  Maybe he does and just has a backup phone from another carrier. He is blind to his companies downfall.

Still standing outside in city limits waiting for Tmobile voice signal.

They can't even provide 3G data coverage in major coridors like LA to Las Vegas. You have to love 2G data...

I guess TMO is the "new" MetroPCS :-)

They can't even provide 3G data coverage in major coridors like LA to Las Vegas. You have to love 2G data...

I guess TMO is the "new" MetroPCS :-)

TMO is really stupid by not upgrading the I-15 corridor to W-CDMA for data. That road is so well travelled every weekend, and even more so on holidays. All those bored people on thanksgiving weekend trying to go back to LA stuck for who knows how long, and how many of them were T-Mobile customers dying of boredom because they only had 2G Internet. Lol!

• Like 2

I don't think Sprint should change their name but I would like for them to do is change that sprint/ nextel swoosh symbol to the Sprint Spark symbol.

Also once sprint has Sprint Spark deployed in top 100 + markets I'm sure Sprint will most likely market Sprint as Sprint Spark.

Ps. I think it would be awesome if sprint somehow incorporates it's downfall in its commercial and then show how amazing it's service will be.

America loves a comeback.

Could be risky but I like the way you think.  You're right.  This is America.  We ARE the ultimate comeback story and we like to pat ourselves on our collective back and remind ourselves of that once in a while.  The trouble is..this sort of thing would have to be executed (and TIMED) flawlessly.  Sprint isn't exactly the king of having ever flawlessly executed anything so a top notch marketing team would need to be employed.  LOL..but I see your point.

Could be risky but I like the way you think.  You're right.  This is America.  We ARE the ultimate comeback story and we like to pat ourselves on our collective back and remind ourselves of that once in a while.  The trouble is..this sort of thing would have to be executed (and TIMED) flawlessly.  Sprint isn't exactly the king of having ever flawlessly executed anything so a top notch marketing team would need to be employed.  LOL..but I see your point.

I'm thinking..... Hiring *Cough* Samsung *Cough*.

• Like 2

I am pretty satisfied so far with Sprint's NV rollout. I cannot wait to see how it will be this time next year.

attachicon.giftmp_Screenshot_2013-12-10-13-39-241471096784.png

I totally agree with you.  I get great 4G (single band, mind you) all the way from my house in Atlanta to my mother's house in Lexington, KY.  That's 6 hours of nearly uninterrupted 4G all the way up I-75, even in rural parts of North GA, Central TN and Southern KY.  There are about 3 distinct, 15 minute gaps in there, to be perfectly clear.  But I say this to illustrate the fact that Sprint's band 25 LTE rollout has made excellent progress and works very, very well for me.  Not just in the massive top 10 market that Atlanta is..but also in my hometown in Central Kentucky (and most places in between).  I'd say that speaks volumes.  

• Like 1

They need to freaking finish PCS and SMR updates. Period, end of story! Yeah, 180Mbps is great, but all I want is 128Kbps everywhere I travel, even from Augusta, GA to Savannah on GA 25. I'm not trying to stream a 4K movie, but I am trying to stream an internet radio station when I'm on a long drive.

Edited by bigsnake49

When I read the hoopla about 180 Mbps on spark, I laugh. All people want is 1 (one) Mbps, or a signal where they don't have one.

I don't understand why they are spending a penny on this spark, when they haven't completed 35% of the NV upgrades, according to the status map.