Dan Hesse "2014 is our comeback year"

IamMrFamous07

Hesse likened the transition to the story of the "Three Little Pigs." Sprint is building a house of brick while its competitors are using straw and stick. And even though Sprint's network is taking a longer time to build the network, it will last longer. And he said that customers will soon see the fruits of this labor. " - Dan Hesse

And this is why I signed another 2 year agreement with Sprint.  Patience will pay off.  

Of course John Legere disagrees.

post-16800-0-34892400-1386718823_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The same Legere who said 20x20 was far off for other carriers?

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/410550461867884544

ugemepuz.jpgvyja2uby.jpg

Lo and behold, there it is on Verizon. Also, I screen shot everything from him, as Miami Vice likes to delete Tweets.

That would be the guy! I have to chuckle when I read some his tweets. Funny man!   Good Find Fraydog!

Still standing outside in city limits waiting for Tmobile voice signal.

At my brothers football practice which is located in a suburban area, T-Mobile only has Edge and Sprint gets 28mbps on LTE. T-Mobile is being pretty cocky for being so slow in many areas.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

At my brothers football practice which is located in a suburban area, T-Mobile only has Edge and Sprint gets 28mbps on LTE. T-Mobile is being pretty cocky for being so slow in many areas.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I really do wanna love T-Mobile -- and I would jump (pun was NOT intended) all over them with their new uncarrier, etc... but the main problem is if you see a city limit sign -- there is an small one right below it that says "Exiting City Limits, entering EDGE zone"...

• Like 2

Of course John Legere disagrees.

I am not a CEO, but I would never use "OMG" in even a tweet.  Legere is a clown, just pandering to his audience.

AJ

• Like 5

"Exiting City Limits, entering EDGE zone"...

You should tweet that at Legere.

He asks, "Wait for it to get better?"  Well, John, you and your lackeys have kept smaller markets, rural areas, and highways waiting for a good six years.  What line of BS are you going to use to respond to that?

AJ

• Like 9

You should tweet that at Legere.

He asks, "Wait for it to get better?"  Well, John, you and your lackeys have kept smaller markets, rural areas, and highways waiting for a good six years.  What line of BS are you going to use to respond to that?

AJ

haha ;)   Lets see what he says.

• Like 1

haha ;)   Lets see what he says.

Actually, the sign should read this: ”Leaving City Limits, Entering GSM or 'Emergency Calls Only' Zone."

AJ

• Like 5

Sprint's Hesse: Spark tri-mode LTE service could eventually provide real-world speeds of 150-180 Mbps

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-hesse-spark-tri-mode-lte-service-could-eventually-provide-real-worl/2013-12-10

Man look at the comments on the Cnet article. Maybe the Sprint brand name should be abandoned after NV is done. 

• Like 1

Sprint's Hesse: Spark tri-mode LTE service could eventually provide real-world speeds of 150-180 Mbps

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-hesse-spark-tri-mode-lte-service-could-eventually-provide-real-worl/2013-12-10

Man look at the comments on the Cnet article. Maybe the Sprint brand name should be abandoned after NV is done. 

The problem with Sprint is they often say things like "look at our brand new network" when only 30% of the sites are complete in an area.  This causes people to stream a baseball game while out on a nice sunny day and while walking they hit a non-NV tower and boom terrible data.  This causes them to go on and on about Sprint.  One bad experience can do a lot more damage than one good experience.  

I agree, they may need a name change in the future to help.  Kind of like how Comcast branded cable as Xfinity and Cablevision branded cable as Optimum.  

• Like 2

I somewhat agree. Most people I talk to the "Sprint" name is tarnished...but people aren't stupid...They'll realize it's the same company under a different name...but with the mass of subscribers out there (Possible) I'm sure if they see a new name they won't associate it with "Sprint" Eh....May be worth it, may not....could help, could hurt....who knows...

I somewhat agree. Most people I talk to the "Sprint" name is tarnished...but people aren't stupid...They'll realize it's the same company under a different name...but with the mass of subscribers out there (Possible) I'm sure if they see a new name they won't associate it with "Sprint" Eh....May be worth it, may not....could help, could hurt....who knows...

The "T" in T-Mobile should stand for "tarnished."  The problem is that T-Mobile's down in the dumps years were before every rube, his dog, his cousin, and his cousin's dog needlessly got smartphones.

Now, we have a shitload of simpletons streaming and downloading the shit out of everything.  Frankly, it pisses me off.  Maybe Sprint should fail and take "unlimited" data down with it.  That might be the best wake up call for the ignorant masses at this point.

AJ

• Like 2

I don't think Sprint should change their name but I would like for them to do is change that sprint/ nextel swoosh symbol to the Sprint Spark symbol.

Also once sprint has Sprint Spark deployed in top 100 + markets I'm sure Sprint will most likely market Sprint as Sprint Spark.

Ps. I think it would be awesome if sprint somehow incorporates it's downfall in its commercial and then show how amazing it's service will be.

America loves a comeback.

• Like 1

The "T" in T-Mobile should stand for "tarnished."  The problem is that T-Mobile's down in the dumps years were before every rube, his dog, his cousin, and his cousin's dog needlessly got smartphones.

Now, we have a shitload of simpletons streaming and downloading the shit out of everything.  Frankly, it pisses me off.  Maybe Sprint should fail and take "unlimited" data down with it.  That might be the best wake up call for the ignorant masses at this point.

AJ

This....x1000

AJ

Hmmm what does Sprint sugest for using your phone? Lets see what they say on their web page.

"Anticipating some wait time? Add some up to your down time, whether that means besting your Bejeweled® score, catching the latest feature length movie, or listening to your favorite tunes.

Games, music downloads, ringers, calltones, Sprint TV®, streaming radio channels — all available right on your phone, whenever you need a little escape."

It shouldn't be a replacement for your home ISP but streaming and downloading stuff is what its meant to be used for.  Smart phones where marketed as bringing the internet to you where and when you want it. I see no reason to call people simpletons. 

I changed "everyone" to "people" above. AJ was right I shouldn't have generalized his post of "shitload of simpletons" to mean "everyone".

Edited by DaQue

John Hodulik - UBS Securities

But it's something you have considered? Let's move on to the SoftBank relationship. Can you just highlight for us some of the changes that take place in terms of operations at Sprint and simply SoftBank investment?

Dan Hesse - Chief Executive Officer

Really what we do with SoftBank is we get together every week on a video call and we get together in terms of the management teams and we get together face-to-face once a month and just get together and share best practices and plans and ideas, and there are a lot of ideas that we have adopted from SoftBank and vice versa, that they have adopted from us. The other thing that SoftBank brings to the table is they are not traditionally as a company even though they run very successfully a wireless carrier in Japan, they are not really a wireless carrier or a telecom company by DNA. They are an Internet company. They have investments in over 1,000 Internet companies. So their view of over the top players and application developers and what have you is different, extremely positive, and I think having not only their relationship but their understanding of that ecosystem is going to be very valuable to us going forward.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1890611-sprints-ceo-presents-at-ubs-41st-annual-global-media-and-communications-conference-transcript?page=8&p=qanda&l=last

Choo choo--- chugga chugga choo choo---- choo chooooooooooooooooooo

Ohh look! A verizon and ATT truck parked on the train tracks! I wonder what happens when a train carrying masayoshi son slams into a Verizon or ATT truck...