Sprint Announces Private Placement Offering of Notes

lil_jimmy_norton

Without the backhaul vendors getting off their collective asses, I am not sure if anything could really increase the rate of the network improvements. It is nice to see that Sprint is looking at other means of raising funds, though. To compete against the duopoly, it's going to take major investments.

• Like 1

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131209-904227.html?dsk=y

Looks like Sprint is raising more money.  Hopefully we will see some increased rollout speed on all fronts with this.

Maybe, could also just be issuing new debt to pay off current debt that's coming due next year. Not sure what they have coming up in 2015 though. 

Without the backhaul vendors getting off their collective asses, I am not sure if anything could really increase the rate of the network improvements. It is nice to see that Sprint is looking at other means of raising funds, though. To compete against the duopoly, it's going to take major investments.

Why is backhaul so delayed?  We have several areas in Westchester that are NV 3G complete yet the data still crawls along at dialup speeds.  And I know some of it has to be god awful Cablevision.

Why is backhaul so delayed? We have several areas in Westchester that are NV 3G complete yet the data still crawls along at dialup speeds. And I know some of it has to be god awful Cablevision.

where in Westchester are you referring? I have been working in New Rochelle and 3g speed is terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why is backhaul so delayed? We have several areas in Westchester that are NV 3G complete yet the data still crawls along at dialup speeds. And I know some of it has to be god awful Cablevision.

God awful Cablevision is great in NYC. They are the backhaul vendors for Brooklyn and the Bronx which happen to be the furthest ahead for LTE in the entire city.

where in Westchester are you referring? I have been working in New Rochelle and 3g speed is terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Eastchester area is almost fully LTE and 3G NV.  There are some towers though that are NV 3G on the old backhaul still and have been there for awhile.  There is one tower in the Hartsdale parking lot at the train station that has had NV equipment installed, but for whatever reason has yet to have upgraded backhaul.  It is truly amazing how the vast majority of the towers I connect too have been upgraded.  It was well worth the wait, but Sprint has to keep pushing the pace along to compete.

God awful Cablevision is great in NYC. They are the backhaul vendors for Brooklyn and the Bronx which happen to be the furthest ahead for LTE in the entire city.

I was under the impression that they were doing Manhattan as well.  As for Cablevision I dislike that company for many reasons, but the number one reason is James Dolan.  I did have Cablevision, but I switched to Verizon FiOS and I have to say the difference is night and day.  

The Eastchester area is almost fully LTE and 3G NV.  There are some towers though that are NV 3G on the old backhaul still and have been there for awhile.  There is one tower in the Hartsdale parking lot at the train station that has had NV equipment installed, but for whatever reason has yet to have upgraded backhaul.  It is truly amazing how the vast majority of the towers I connect too have been upgraded.  It was well worth the wait, but Sprint has to keep pushing the pace along to compete.

I was under the impression that they were doing Manhattan as well.  As for Cablevision I dislike that company for many reasons, but the number one reason is James Dolan.  I did have Cablevision, but I switched to Verizon FiOS and I have to say the difference is night and day.

Too bad FiOS is patchy as ever here. Barely any service throughout Brooklyn. And on Optimum you get WiFi througout NYC and a few other cities in the country. Not to mention speed tiers are just as fast as FiOS now.

Hmmm wonder if they are raising money for the 600mhz auction... From what I understand, that is going is going to be very expensive for both the licenses AND the equipment needed to run it.

No need to pay interest on that money until they actually need it.

Maybe, could also just be issuing new debt to pay off current debt that's coming due next year. Not sure what they have coming up in 2015 though. 

Year Amt(Mln) 2014 181 2015 500 2016 2,300 2017 3,015 2018 3,000 2019 1,729 2020 2,500 2021 3,250 2022 2,480 2023 4,250 2024 2,500 2028 2,475 2032 2,000 2040 629

Total Debt    30,809.903    USD

Total Issues    24

Issuer    Starburst I Inc    Group    Current issuer and its subsidiaries

Year Amt(Mln) 2014 181 2015 500 2016 2,300 2017 3,015 2018 3,000 2019 1,729 2020 2,500 2021 3,250 2022 2,480 2023 4,250 2024 2,500 2028 2,475 2032 2,000 2040 629

Total Debt    30,809.903    USD

Total Issues    24

Issuer    Starburst I Inc    Group    Current issuer and its subsidiaries

Wow, their total debt really has balooned, between buying Clearwire and NV. They better start making money soon. I wonder how bad is T-Mobile's debt load? You wouldn't happen to have that info handy, would you?

Edited by bigsnake49

Wow, their total debt really has balooned, between buying Clearwire and NV. Thye better start making money soon. I wonder how bad is T-Mobile's debt load? You wouldn't happen to have that info handy, would you?

Hard to compare the two, but here you go.  T-Mobile has a great debt structure.

Year Amt(Mln) 2018 1,500 2019 1,250 2020 2,250 2021 3,000 2022 2,250 2023 2,350 2024 1,000

Total Debt    13,600    USD

Total Issues    13

Issuer    T-Mobile US Inc    Group    Current issuer and its subsidiaries

Hard to compare the two, but here you go.  T-Mobile has a great debt structure.

Year Amt(Mln) 2018 1,500 2019 1,250 2020 2,250 2021 3,000 2022 2,250 2023 2,350 2024 1,000

Total Debt    13,600    USD

Total Issues    13

Issuer    T-Mobile US Inc    Group    Current issuer and its subsidiaries

Does it include Metro's debt?

Didn't they have to take a write down last quarter on the iPhone. Write downs equates to loss of income, and they did make the largest deal to Apple in the face of a declining ecosystem. My  opinion was that they paid too much too late, and had they waited, or been more abreast of things would have know that Apple had already peaked in the US.

Are Softbank's pockets not deep enough?

Uh, we already have a thread.  You will be packing up and relocating there shortly...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5161-sprint-announces-private-placement-offering-of-notes/

AJ